Team Japan

I don't like Shoma's jumps, but tbh his stamina is great. He had 11 competitions this season, just imagine the traveling time give me a headache. One can hope he can improve his jump technique.

Maybe its just me, but I always feel Shoma looks a bit better in TV record, his two footed skating aka too many crossover only bother me when I watch fancam. Meanwhile Yuzuru is opposite. His speed, flow and even the jumps are much more impressive in fancam. I really hope I can watch both of them live :D

Seeing Sota at JOC workshop make me feel relieved. I worried since we didn't hear anything from him after he WD both GPs. If Sota and Dice can come back strong, we will have a really exciting men competition at Nationals :yay:

His stamina doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

It's a given, considering he makes less revolutions in air and more two-footed skating than others :cool:

Oh bravo :clap:

But hey, it's the truth. If he doesn't already have injury problems, I'll eat my pretty summer hat. It's new too.

As for the new guys coming up, I've really only focused on two, Sota and baby Shun. In general I tend not to get too attached to Juniors because injuries, puberty, etc but I cannot help it. Fingers crossed for Sota especially. Negl, I would really like to see him somewhere like Canada because I think it would help him.

Yes more love for Shun :yay: (seems like he still struggles with the 3A tho)

I do wonder about Shoma's injuries too...he's never had major ones right? That's quite surprising.

Maybe its just me, but I always feel Shoma looks a bit better in TV record, his two footed skating aka too many crossover only bother me when I watch fancam. Meanwhile Yuzuru is opposite. His speed, flow and even the jumps are much more impressive in fancam. I really hope I can watch both of them live :D

I second this. TV makes Shoma's skating look way better it looks on rink (this season I happened to see him twice, at CoR and 4CC). It must be because of camerawork, it's harder to understand pattern of the program, multidimensional skating and such on TV, cause they switch cameras.

Yuzuru's skating looks impressive even with lousy camerawork (like Worlds 2017 lol), and it's astounding live. He is in the league of his own.

One of the moments of 4CC practices that I remember very clear is how Shoma did his 4F and seconds later Yuzu did 3F at almost same place. I swear, that 3F was bigger than 4F.

I do wonder about Shoma's injuries too...he's never had major ones right? That's quite surprising.

Yes, Shun is working on the 3A as far as I know.

There was only that one time I think BESP uncles mentioned his many (or frequent?) injuries, I cannot now recall which comp that was but just because we don't hear of it, doesn't mean smaller ones aren't happening. When you look at the way he jumps, that is just not good for his body. At all. I mean I am sure he and his team know that, so if it's staying that way, then they have decided to go for it. I'm mostly concerned of any youngsters getting the idea that this is somehow something to emulate. Not to mention that ... fliploop thing.

It must be because of camerawork, it's harder to understand pattern of the program, multidimensional skating and such on TV, cause they switch cameras.

Yes, cameras help out a lot! Also photoshop but you know.

I remember I was talking to a friend and mentioned his small jumps and he was so surprised I thought they were small, more convinced by the fancam but later he got to see him live and it was whoa, you were right! He likes his interpretation and this I agree with, though we both feel like he still has to create his own expression, but those jumps ... :whiteflag:

Yes, Shun is working on the 3A as far as I know.

There was only that one time I think BESP uncles mentioned his many (or frequent?) injuries, I cannot now recall which comp that was but just because we don't hear of it, doesn't mean smaller ones aren't happening. When you look at the way he jumps, that is just not good for his body. At all. I mean I am sure he and his team know that, so if it's staying that way, then they have decided to go for it. I'm mostly concerned of any youngsters getting the idea that this is somehow something to emulate. Not to mention that ... fliploop thing.

It must be because of camerawork, it's harder to understand pattern of the program, multidimensional skating and such on TV, cause they switch cameras.

Yes, cameras help out a lot! Also photoshop but you know.

I remember I was talking to a friend and mentioned his small jumps and he was so surprised I thought they were small, more convinced by the fancam but later he got to see him live and it was whoa, you were right! He likes his interpretation and this I agree with, though we both feel like he still has to create his own expression, but those jumps ... :whiteflag:

His basic ss are quite good too, I do hope we'll see him in JGP next season, hopefully with a more stable 3A.

Yes, minor ones I'm sure he has had, but still surprising that he has not had major ones, especially since he jumps a lot in practice. And considering that his technique is far from ideal I was even more surprised.

I second this. TV makes Shoma's skating look way better it looks on rink (this season I happened to see him twice, at CoR and 4CC). It must be because of camerawork, it's harder to understand pattern of the program, multidimensional skating and such on TV, cause they switch cameras.

Yuzuru's skating looks impressive even with lousy camerawork (like Worlds 2017 lol), and it's astounding live. He is in the league of his own.

One of the moments of 4CC practices that I remember very clear is how Shoma did his 4F and seconds later Yuzu did 3F at almost same place. I swear, that 3F was bigger than 4F.

Yeah, the camera follow skaters and change frame quite often so It's hard to see the multi direction in their skating. And i didn't know how big Yuzu's 3F and 3lz are until I saw fancams lol.

I know many talks about Shoma's technique, I feel hurt in my knee and ankle when I saw his landings. His skating has many great qualities to admire (I think his SS is better than Javi) if only he has better jumps :'(

His basic ss are quite good too, I do hope we'll see him in JGP next season, hopefully with a more stable 3A.

Yes, minor ones I'm sure he has had, but still surprising that he has not had major ones, especially since he jumps a lot in practice. And considering that his technique is far from ideal I was even more surprised.

I expect him in JGP this season, it's one of the reasons why I'd watch :lol:

Good body build to compensate I guess but even that's not eternal. He's not the only one, Nathan still has iffy landings, his poor hip. In that sense, Patrick's very much correct.

I expect him in JGP this season, it's one of the reasons why I'd watch :lol:

Good body build to compensate I guess but even that's not eternal. He's not the only one, Nathan still has iffy landings, his poor hip. In that sense, Patrick's very much correct.

I'll follow mainly ladies (Rika :love: ) but among men he's the one I'm interested in. Japanese men need new competitive juniors and I've waited for him to be eligible for a while now.

I guess so. Yeah Patrick has great jumping technique (I doubt he'll do it but i'd love to see his 4F)...in general I wonder what Shoma/Nathan/Boyang's plans are long term.

After seeing Wakababy at the WTT I realised I'll be rooting for her. She was fantastic!

Yay, one more person to suffer with me! When she starts trying out that 3A, we're going to have a party! :grin:

After seeing Wakababy at the WTT I realised I'll be rooting for her. She was fantastic!

I've rooted for her since forever :love: I was so happy when Yuzu said he'd give her all +3s for her jumps :grin: she needs more love.

I heard Rika landed a 4T (no need to say anything about her 3A3T2T, we know she can do that)

come on Japanese men, step up your game :grin:

What is great about her is she actually has pretty consistent 3-3 too? So she is not too dependable on her 3A. And she has decent SS and presentation, pretty good spins too. Maybe needs more refinement, but if she can stay healthy and is not eaten by the puberty monster, she is the girl that has a really HUGE potential imo.

I've rooted for her since forever :love: I was so happy when Yuzu said he'd give her all +3s for her jumps :grin: she needs more love.

I have to confess that's when I started paying attention to her :tongue: And she is delightful :love: Yuzu's taste remains flawless, as always

I heard Rika landed a 4T (no need to say anything about her 3A3T2T, we know she can do that)

What is great about her is she actually has pretty consistent 3-3 too? So she is not too dependable on her 3A. And she has decent SS and presentation, pretty good spins too. Maybe needs more refinement, but if she can stay healthy and is not eaten by the puberty monster, she is the girl that has a really HUGE potential imo.

Rika plans two 3A in Lp next year. 3A and 3A2T i guess. And yep, there was a video of her 4T (ur but it was after training it for 2 days) and I just saw a video of 3-3 with tano yesterday.

Team Hamada is also great at polishing talent, so she definitely has huge potential. She has already improved so much since she was a novice.

Rika plans two 3A in Lp next year. 3A and 3A2T i guess. And yep, there was a video of her 4T (ur but it was after training it for 2 days) and I just saw a video of 3lz3t with tano yesterday.

Team Hamada is also great at polishing talent, so she definitely has huge potential. She has already improved so much since she was a novice.

I wonder if she will go senior this season?