Team Japan

Noo, I am so torn! I want Shoma to rest and heal for his own sake. If it means his foot gets just a little better, I have no regrets if he misses Challenge Cup eventhough I was looking forward to seeing him. But, 4 CC... for his own sake I want him to rest, for my own I am now filled with dread that Sota cannot handle two comps so close to each other while I was really really hoping to see him in the Hague. 8_[

13 minutes ago, surimi said:

Noo, I am so torn! I want Shoma to rest and heal for his own sake. If it means his foot gets just a little better, I have no regrets if he misses Challenge Cup eventhough I was looking forward to seeing him. But, 4 CC... for his own sake I want him to rest, for my own I am now filled with dread that Sota cannot handle two comps so close to each other while I was really really hoping to see him in the Hague. 8_[

Maybe the JSF should ask their skaters first about what they think they can do, competition-wise, before announcing their assignments. :headdesk:

I really hope Sota will show up, for you! Me, I'm good either way, I'm kind of more of a fan of the Ladies than Men's skating in general, and also adore Sota and Yuma, and am dying to see the little Honda girl. :8232307:

Well, the almost back-to-back competitions while still nursing an injury was definitely a terrible idea and I am glad he's dropping one at least. Especially with worlds looming on the horizon. 

For 4CC I have mixed feelings too... Shallow me who is going is happy to see him skate... But mother-hen me is worried about him skating while not at 100%. I really hope it won't compromise his recovery :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

And, maybe he's hoping that by doing the earlier 4CC he has more time to recover if he injures himself more there... I don't like saying that. I would rather he skipped both but he knows himself best. Having both their stars untested going into World's at home is something JSF may not want... at least Yuzu has done that before (gone in dry, so to speak). Poor Shoma. I wish him good health and no worsening of things when at 4CC. I am sure he'd hate to go to World's injured and not able to be at his best at home.

I found this enjoyable- Hosoda seems happy with achieving her personal goal of getting the 3A ( which would get her a big fanfare anywhere else) without resenting the successes of her training mates.  It was nice to watch after reading some unpleasant comments emerging from Euros and US nationals and underlines for me that it’s media and fans that cause the nastiness, not the skaters themselves.