Team Japan

6 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I think this is a bit :offtopic2:so this is my last post about it...

Hide contents

When there's a will there's a way so it all depends on how much Daisuke wants to pursue it after all. It's going to be interesting one way or another. But in the end, JSF needs to consider who is most likely to bring the best result for Japan at WC. Daisuke at his peak wouldn't had an issue being chosen but that's quite some time ago and was in pre-quads era too so the emotions and nostalgia will have to be set aside.

For Yuzu, with or without Daisuke or whoever, will just do his absolute best at any given competition and circumstances. For JSF to not choosing Yuzu is just not an option. Yuzu is the current WR holder as well as the ISU world standings no3 and won 2 GPs and the goose that lays golden eggs (or cash cow or whatever) for the entire FS community. Can you imagine the outrage worldwide? The pitchfork leader would be ISU and JSF will suffer the consequences in the future if they did. People making noise do not have a say in deciding who gets to go to WC and that is why they're trying to make as much noise as possible. 

Of course, if Dai goes it should be as #3 in Japan, period. Even if Shoma does not skate well, it is only one competition. He is still #2. Yuzu is, of course, still #1.

Personally I think JSF should send a younger skater with potential. Shoma and Yuzu won't skate forever and JSF should develop their program unless they want Japan's men's skating to fade into obscurity, but...well, if Dai earns the #3 spot then he earns it.

54 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Of course, if Dai goes it should be as #3 in Japan, period. Even if Shoma does not skate well, it is only one competition. He is still #2. Yuzu is, of course, still #1.

Personally I think JSF should send a younger skater with potential. Shoma and Yuzu won't skate forever and JSF should develop their program unless they want Japan's men's skating to fade into obscurity, but...well, if Dai earns the #3 spot then he earns it.

What did you do to cross post my post in general yuzu thread to here!? I always get disorientated after that :68468287: Anyway, I agree with the above about JSF should send younger skater to get more experience at WC. If Kazuki's result at the national is higher than Keiji then Kazuki will be chosen but if not, I think it will still be Kenji.

22 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

What did you do to cross post my post in general yuzu thread to here!? I always get disorientated after that :68468287: Anyway, I agree with the above about JSF should send younger skater to get more experience at WC. If Kazuki's result at the national is higher than Keiji then Kazuki will be chosen but if not, I think it will still be Kenji.

Haha you can try to control+A to copy the quote and paste it into the comment box in another thread xDD

But I actually moved my post which was originally posted in GYC because I figured we were going off topic...

BTW I saw this translation:

:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow::tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow::tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:this makes me so sad.

4 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Haha you can try to control+A to copy the quote and paste it into the comment box in another thread xDD

But I actually moved my post which was originally posted in GYC because I figured we were going off topic...

BTW I saw this translation:

:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow::tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow::tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:this makes me so sad.

I believe the athletes themselves do not hold grudge against one another just their fans make thing so complicated and ugly. Also some media's using the disharmony among fans to make money on that's what I hate the most.

Daisuke and Yuzu, they both are/were Japan's top skaters for years and they both know exactly what is like to be in the position. It's really JSF is the source of all evil. I really hate the mentality sometimes that they have to "Obey" all the rules though some rules don't make sense.

The poster of this news フモフモ編集長 has his own blog and it's really wacky sometimes but I love it. He's a dedicated fanyu and it's fun and some of the stuff he posts is really out there! 

Tbh, in 2013-14, japan had the deepest men field in history, with 5 medal contenders and their scoring potential were quite close. From 2015 till now, Yuzuru and Shoma are far ahead of the field. I think if Kazuki and Keiji are WC medal contender/qualify for GPF,  things would be different. 

I don't think JSF would give 4CC/WC spot to someone who doesn't have TES min. Back in 2017, when Satoko WD from Asian winter game, JSF intend to send Kaori to get TES min so she might do WC later but Kaori also WD because of flu. Rika Hongo skated at both 4CC and WC when's she not in good shape. This year, JSF won't announce 4CC/WC team on ice and so far no one know when the team members will be announced. As usual, I saw some people blame its because of Yuzuru blah blah blah but its already on Nationals's schedule back in October, before GP series. 

Actually, in 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 seasons, a Japanese singles skater had to have TES minimum before nationals to compete at Worlds. If they were a pairs skater/ice dancer they could take part in an ISU competition after nationals to earn it, but there wasn't such relief measure for singles skaters going to Worlds. They could go to 4CC or Junior Worlds earning TES minimum after nationals, though. However, this year, this relief measure is applied to singles skaters going to Worlds as well, so some people are guessing this amendment was made for Daisuke, but it could be because Japanese men's field is a bit weaker than before. 

As to the schedule of the announcement regarding team Japan members, it's probably because of the venue. Ractab dome is away from the center of the city of Osaka and the station is a bit small and inconvenient to transport a large number of people swiftly after the competition which ends late at night.

Anyway, I expect many unpleasant things around nationals this year. :13877886: Hoping everything turns out OK in the end. :fingerscrossed:

https://this.kiji.is/449951256058512481?c=39550187727945729

Daisuke is not yet retiring and would like to continue if possible. He's showing an appetite for the next season.  However he's not planning to compete further within this season.  He was asked by JSF if he's ready to be selected for WC team Japan but he's declined because he could not convince himself that he's ready to take on the international (skaters). When he's asked about the future plan, he's replied "Today's performance was very kuyashii for me. I've found myself thinking I should be able to do a little bit better. I'd like to finish (my competition career) without feeling regrets" 

So come next season, we may see Dai and Yuzu in an international competition...:13877886: