Team Japan

11 hours ago, Rainbow said:

Page 6

Mitsuki: Next, medicine. Umm…motion sickness medication? I tend to get motion sickness. I get sick walking in a crowd, in a moving car and everything. Motion sickness drugs.

wow. I wonder how much motion sickness medication Mitsuki needs to take to perform spins? :shocked:

On 11/29/2018 at 7:38 AM, LadyLou said:

Sad that Mitsuki had having ice time issues this season... ice time really is essential to be competitive skater... and sad that he re-injured himself during JNats:tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

Touched that RJ1 in Nice was the trigger that made him discover how much he loved skating:tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

I wish him for a speedy recovery.  I felt sad when I heard that he cried his head off at JNats K&C.

About his six-month long struggle while his home rink was closed, one of the reasons why Nagoya has become a powerful figure skating hotspot is the availability of ice rinks.  Aichi prefecture including Nagoya has several ice skating rinks.  Big ice rinks such as Osu, Howa and Gaishi are in Nagoya.  I heard that unlike other prefecture Aichi skaters can freely practice in other rinks, as Howa is the only rink where skating club belongs to the rink.  It is not unusual for skaters to go to other rinks after practicing in their home rink during the same day.  Coaches go with them as well.  As the skaters practice alongside they inspire each other.  Also Nagoya people historically love cultural activities and many parents let their kids join after-school activities such as traditional Japanese dance, tea ceremony, music lessons and sports.  As many top skaters are from Nagoya, people in Nagoya particularly love and support figure skating.  I guess these are some of the reasons why Sota moved from Osaka, another powerhouse, to Nagoya.

9 hours ago, surimi said:

wow. I wonder how much motion sickness medication Mitsuki needs to take to perform spins? :shocked:

I think through practice Mitsuki overcame his motion sickness during his spin.  Here’s the discussion about motion sickness and spins. 

https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/Spinning_without_getting_sick_-_advice_from_pro-skaters_2010-02-26_003111

Motion sickness drugs tend to make people drowsy so probably Mitsuki is not on motion sickness drug while skating, while he still often gets motion sickness of other type.

By the way, I tried to multi-quote by clicking the +sign for multi-quote but I could only quote one post this time, while I was able to multi-quote before.

ETA: I do not know why my post was merged into my own post like below.

10 minutes ago, Rainbow said:

Congratulations Rika!

Rika’s interview after winning the GPF

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20181209-00414512-nksports-spo

-  About today’s free program

I failed the first 3A but I adjusted the layout right away.  I was nervous but turned that feeling of tension into concentration and I am glad I was able to jump cleanly afterwards.

- How do you feel about winning GPF?  Did you imagine winning it before the GPS started?

The reason why I am doing well this season was I failed so many times the last season and I learned from the mistakes.  I went in for all of the competitions with the determination that I would not want to repeat these mistakes.  I had all my previous mistakes in my mind and kept telling myself that these failures should be absolutely avoided.  That helped me focus in the competitions.  When this season started I was not thinking of GPF at all, and I was only hoping to achieve good results at GPS.  I was doing well through practice and I wanted to show what I’ve got.  I have never expected this result at all, but I have been putting every effort in practice and I’m glad that my hard work paid off.

- How about from now?

After this season started I was able to get very good scores at NHK Trophy, so I thought I could podium if I skate clean SP and FS.  I managed to achieve my goal which is clean SP and FS, although I made one mistake.  Now it is important to achieve good results consistently at every competition.  The Japanese Nationals is coming up and I keep doing the best I can.  I want to continue working hard the next season as well.  After all I have a dream of winning the Beijing Olympics and I am fully motivated.  Until that time I want to skate well consistently.

I’ve never even thought of winning the GPF.  This season I have been able to control my mental state no matter how big the event was.  Today I got to do what I was capable of.  Winning GPF is not the pressure on me at all and motivates me more from now on.  It has given me confidence instead of pressure

25 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Why Japan can't have, for example... 7 spots in ladies at worlds? At least? :tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg:

yeah tbh Japan's depth is greater than Russia's rn (although next year that might change), with 6 different ladies winning medals on the GP, and then there's also Marin who is a beautiful skater

i wonder if they will send different skaters to Worlds and 4CC just to get them all more competition experience. like rika/satoko/kaori to Worlds and kaori/mai/wakaba to 4CC or something. although mako is also a shining talent, too bad about completely bombing CoR.

21 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

i wonder if they will send different skaters to Worlds and 4CC just to get them all more competition experience. like rika/satoko/kaori to Worlds and kaori/mai/wakaba to 4CC or something. although mako is also a shining talent, too bad about completely bombing CoR.

I hope they do, but when Rika, Yuna, Marin, or Mako is going to Worlds, JSF may let them go to 4CC too, to give them a chance to go up in world standings because otherwise, they have to skate early at Worlds.

1 minute ago, sweetwater said:

I hope they do, but when Rika, Yuna, Marin, or Mako is going to Worlds, JSF may let them go to 4CC too, to give them a chance to go up in world standings because otherwise, they have to skate early at Worlds.

Well whoever the national champion is, will go to both 4CC and Worlds I guess. And that could very well be Rika (& should be). SIGH, why aren't there more championship competitions? LOL.