Team Japan

1 hour ago, Rainbow said:

Sota’s red outfit story is on page 6 of Episode 1 (Page 181 of this thread)

After Sota was asked what he would spend his money on if he were given 100 million yen, he mentioned spending little by little such as buying clothes.  Then they talked about the recent incident when Sota was wearing a red outfit for choreography group session.  Although Kenji thought Sota looked really cool in it Sota took it off right away saying he didn’t like wearing clothes that attract people’s attention.  He said 「なんか目立つから嫌なんで」I didn’t like it (the color/that outfit) because it made me stand out.

Kenji was amused and teased Sota by reminding him that Kenji had actually made a specific request to him to come wearing something red so that he could easily spot Sota among a bunch of skaters.  We can assume that he does not like to be conspicuous and prefers to wear a quiet color.

About スタイルいい人 (person with good style), this is one of the Japanese phrases that has a completely different meaning from the original English.  In Japanese ‘good style person’ means ‘person of pleasing proportions and/or having shapely body’—it has nothing to do with good fashion sense. 

Please feel free to ask me questions whenever you are confused about any Japanese words and phrases.  When Japanese is translated into English sometimes things become confusing.  What’s more, my English is not proficient and I will be happy to clear any confusion in my translations.

Invaluable. Thank you! If I have any additional questions, I'll use the PMs to avoid cluttering this thread.

p.s. your English is just fine I think!

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Incredible how he didn't get any assignment for JGPS ... so unfair ...

It'd be the the perfect age to send him for JGPs to gain experience. At the age of 15-16 it might be too late. How many Japanese juniors have a quad and a good 3A at this age? He's also has good basics and he can perform a lot better than other skaters at his age (or even older), he is musical too.

Honestly I don't undestand some decisions by JSF...:confused: 

I don't understand how JSF handling their  skaters. It seems you need to be in a strong base champ if you want to be selected? Or is it based on the result from regional competition? Iirc the previous competition yuma wins over Shun? So he was the one who was chosen to be send to JGP. And based on the result from his first JGP yuma ended up at 4th place, that earns him second spot for JGP, and Sena out. There's no hope for Shun this season? 

Oh and I'm so sad to see how their junior ladies ended up this season. 

I don't know anything about how the JSF works but at World's I was sitting beside a Japanese lady who is a huge Kazuki Tomono fan and has been following him for years. She told me that he has struggled before with getting assignments as a junior because he did not perform well at a test skate they did early in the season. I don't know which test that is but it seems to be the thing the JSF are basing their decisions on (or at least they used to)  :shrug:

Sorry for the useless info but I thought someone maight know about this test skate

15 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

ikr? And why give Yuma a second assignment after finishing 4th in his first with almost 0 chances to make JGPF ... 

Actually a 4th place finish is quite impressive for Yuma's JGP debut.

And I think those who ranked 1-4 in their first events can get another one (automatically).

13 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

I don't understand how JSF handling their  skaters. It seems you need to be in a strong base champ if you want to be selected? Or is it based on the result from regional competition? Iirc the previous competition yuma wins over Shun? So he was the one who was chosen to be send to JGP. And based on the result from his first JGP yuma ended up at 4th place, that earns him second spot for JGP, and Sena out. There's no hope for Shun this season? 

Oh and I'm so sad to see how their junior ladies ended up this season. 

That's based on a JGP selection event held in June/July...

Guys, we have a Junior skaters thread for this stuff. 

And forget it. JSF are a bunch of incompetent morons. It's hardly the first time we see this. That's why Shun's not showing up at JGP this year either. They nurture talent only when it suits their agendas.

He'll have to fight his way through by force, with no help by JSF. Same old, same old. 

2 hours ago, Yuazz said:

I doubt that it is only based on regional competitions. It's just politics/who comes from which skating club.

With that score Shun would have medaled at every JGP events so far, and he could have easily won in Kaunas (the winner's score was 201, Yuto Kishina's score was 191) and in Ostrava too.