Team Japan

37 minutes ago, cirelle said:

Has something been going on with Kaori? 

I hope not :59227c768286a__s:

She's one of the (few?) ladies who have pretty big chances to go over +3 (if judges are willing to give those GOE, of course), as she can hit all basic bullets and often she has steps before jumps too... I hope this only means she's working on her 3Lz, because there's where she's gonna lose a lot of points if they call an e, and it would be a pity, as in pretty much every other aspect she is a wonderful jumper...

Guest turquoiseblue
On 7/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, turquoiseblue said:

Shingo Nishiyama (Jr. Men) and Rinka Watanabe (Sr. Ladies) will compete in the Minto Summer Skate :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

:7562096: Minto Summer Skate, Jul 26-29, 2018

Results

Livestream

Event Schedule (PDF)

4 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

It looks like she can focus more in LA than she did in Japan  (maybe thanks to less media commitments too), hopefully she'll get the results :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: 

Hopefully Raf helped her with her jumps too...tho idk what to expect for her programs. I thought SP would be fresh but the version she might be using isn't half as fresh ad the original one (merely talking about what kind of music she usually skates to), but Shae is doing the choreo so :fingerscrossed:

5 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

That kinda sounds like he's aiming for Worlds if possible, imo.

really? I read it as him trying to take one thing at a time, setting small goals and then pushing further if things go well

true, it could mean he could give it a shot if he placed in top 3 at Nats and would be selected for Worlds in Japan :67638860: it would be the ideal closure, I guess. Tho then I'd not be super-sure that fed would really send him, unless the others royally screwed up...I guess a lot will depend on how well the possible contenders skated during the season... hypothetically, if he placed 3rd and someone like Kazuki 4th, I could see JSF sending Kazuki based on recent accomplishments and international ranking....and tbh it would be a  sound strategy, with the future of jpn skating in mind. But if he placed 2nd or 1st..it would mean Shoma and Yuzu bombed really hard or something worse, so I won't consider that scenario:59227c768286a__s:)

I think this kind of mindset is healthy and really good for Dai, in his current condition, coming back to competition after such a long break and at what many consider past-uncle age:laughing: (I mean if we consider Javi and Patrick uncles...)

He will only have the desire to do his best but not the pressure of having to absolutely meet people's or the fed's expectations :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Also, I've read that the new rules might help Daisuke, but I'm not so sure about that...yes, the BV of quads has been decreased and GOE matter a lot, but I wouldn't say the quality of his jumps was usually much higher than most, and spins aren't really his forte. Steps are his forte, but while, of course, he has all the musicality and star quality and depth of interpretation (and I expect him to be even better now, with all the experiences he had in these years) I don't expect him to have, for example, the same speed*. And 5-6 years ago he wasn't the fastest skater, either. I think the shorter time for FS is going to be very challenging, with the need to execute a more packed program. The time to execute jumps and spins can't be shortened (unless one spins superfast and jumps with shorter set-up), so steps are exactly where sacrifices will be made (I'm quite curious to see which layout he'll try to execute, because the higher the BV the more sacrifices...)

I hope he can overcome his issues with 4T, though. I thought it was the quad with higher chances to be back :(

*I'm thinking about someone like Carolina, who while 'known' for the qualitites of her skating isn't as fast as she used to be, and she doesn't jump as big (tho her spins have improved!:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:). True, she gets huge PCS, but she was already getting top PCS four years ago...and she has correct technique on all jumps

Guest turquoiseblue

Shingo Nishiyama to compete in GTSA Summer Skate

:7562096: GTSA Summer Skate, Aug 16-19, 2018

Website

Entries & Results

Junior Men Entry List

1. Corey Circelli
  2. Jack Dushenski 
  3. Stephen Gogolev 
  4. Mark Gorodnitsky 
  5. Alec Guinzbourg 
  6. Iliya Kovler