Team Japan

3 分, BWOZWaltzさんが言いました:

I also think I should learn a bit more English! Probably my lack of understanding of the word mediocre caused this. I mean the technique of the artist that I can see is good. I just found Takahashi's expression isn't really showing the Takahasiness that I recognise. The essence of the character should still come through whatever the style or technique used in the drawings and I didn't get that from this picture. Tbh, when I saw Takahashi's expression (top part of his face) of this picture, I've mistaken him as Nathan Chen...so I was that much confused :scratch3:

It's interesting to know how others see things. Certainly I've learned a bit more about art. 

Thanks @¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (I can't properly quote your name...:13877886:) for this:

p/s: Even so, there's a particular piece drawn by this artist that is actually one of my favorite fanart of Hanyu. Gonna see if I can dig it up...

Yes. Please find the piece. 

Haha, that was actually the inner expression I imagined Takahashi to have when he decided to compete again. You don't make that sort of decision lightly. And for a guy who calls himself a herbivorous type, you gotta have a healthy amount of guts and competitiveness to come out of retirement like that. I guess my perspective is more or less on the same page as the artist which is probably why I can tell what they're probably trying to communicate. >_<

And yeah, if I find it again I'll post a link here. I remember it being black and white with the three Oly medallists (possibly with their medals). It's from a high perspective so Hanyu who's drawn front and center had ultra long legs thanks to it.

Oops sorry I didn't think my comment would spark a bit of a discussion like this. 

A bit late to reply, but when I first saw the drawing, I recognized Dai instantly, but had to 'squint' a bit to recognise Shoma and Yuzu lol. I knew it was them but I guess I haven't seen them drawn in this style too often. I think without the context of the entire photo, I might not have recognized Yuzu even. But then I guess that's typical of a lot of caricatures and cartoons of real people. The aim is not for an accurate portrait, so elements of a piece might come out as not easily recognizable on their own. 

I'm no very partial to this style myself, but I do appreciate how the artist composes his work. And I think he's very effective in conveying the feeling and message of his pieces. 

do we have a nbc, cbc or Tat commentary youtube or dailymotion link to wakaba's worlds FS? I re-watched the B.Eurosport version ad nauseum and would like to hear what other commentators thought of her FS ..:thanks:

4 minutes ago, Eclair said:

do we have a nbc, cbc or Tat commentary youtube or dailymotion link to wakaba's worlds FS? I re-watched the B.Eurosport version ad nauseum and would like to hear what other commentators thought of her FS ..:thanks:

I only have the Match TV version, not TAT because she and Grishin moved to 1 now

Spoiler

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

I only have the Match TV version, not TAT because she and Grishin moved to 1 now

Hide contents

yes I saw that one, too and that women commentator may say wonderful things about wakaba but I can't understand her and in contrast to TAT her voice is inconveniently down-to-earth :happy:

20 minutes ago, Eclair said:

CBC :

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gt7wk