Team Japan

16 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

Sure, but at Daisuke's age, how fast can he really rotate?

Sorry for late reply. I don't think Dai can rotate as fast as Nathan. Brian once said, "You can't teach an old dog new trick", which I agree, but the new trick is worth learning imo. At least it is much easier than jumping high and far.:slinkaway:

Sorry for reheating overcooked food but am I allowed to wonder about the timing of Takahashi's announcement and how there is little way it was a coincidence to have happened one day before Yuzu receiving his prize. I for one am not really looking forward to this come back. [Admin edit: Please do not post speculation that maligns anyone] I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong though. Anyway I would much rather see Nobu and Machida come back.

Well, Daisuke announced this comeback literally on the first official day of the new season, so I don't think it had anything to do with Yuzu and his prize, but just that fact. 

Let's just wait and see? Either way, this will be very interesting. If he doesn't even try international competition, I will be dissappointed to be honest... I never was a big Dai fan but he should have the opportunity and shouldn't feel guilty about stealing spotlight from younger skaters.

And I'd love if Nobu or Machida come back too, but obviously both of them have different priorities now.

10 hours ago, natsumono said:

Sorry for reheating overcooked food but am I allowed to wonder about the timing of Takahashi's announcement and how there is little way it was a coincidence to have happened one day before Yuzu receiving his prize. I for one am not really looking forward to this come back. [Admin edit: Please do not post speculation that maligns anyone] I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong though. Anyway I would much rather see Nobu and Machida come back.

I understand where you come from. But in my opinion it's more like his fans were taking his words too far. Daisuke's mentality is the kind that tends to retreat when he's challenged, and him saying he felt threatened back then didn't mean that he actually hated Yuzu or anything.

It's actually kind of the same with how Yuzu's fans reacted after Yuzu sort of "accused" Dennis Ten for hindering his practice session back then. Though I know that Dennis was at fault then, it was still not wise for Yuzu to say that in front of the media where anything he said could be blown out of proportion.

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

Is TCC the main rink that every skater goes?  from learning choreo to summer training to getting new boots :68468287:

The place is turning into a thoroughfare - half the singles skating world has been there this summer already. From every major Federation!