Team Japan

53 minutes ago, Xen said:

Same twitter from the one I posted above, nate's method may also be more energy efficient- you don't need 70 cm to jump quads, you can do it with around 60 if you can get into rotation and rotate fast enough. So that's probably more the key for Daisuke, and mind you, he's pretty small. 

Fast rotation is also a young person thing though. At a certain age, muscles stop being to *twitch* as fast I feel...that's one reason why children can do doubles like it's nothing, getting 2 cm off the ice, but it's MUCH harder for an adult. 

7 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I wonder if a certain someone will also be watching this closely... For science.

I am sure he will; he is way too methodical not to do it and even that whole thing aside, as direct competitors again, he'll keep a close eye.

But tbh, I'd find Nobu a far more interesting case. At 31 he's someone to truly watch, considering what he's still capable of. 

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

But tbh, I'd find Nobu a far more interesting case. At 31 he's someone to truly watch, considering what he's still capable of. 

Don't mention him, it breaks my heart </3 i'd love to see him come back

4 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

He didn't. They were nice enough jumps but sort of average. He had trouble, especially towards the (first) ending of his career with his quads. He was prone to URs; the rotation wasn't clearly finished in the air. His 3A is very nice but he telegraphed it. He did say that his jumps are almost better now than they were during the second half of his career but that isn't saying much (apart from sounding good). He has time but at 32 ... it's actually going to be interesting to observe. Can a person at that age reconstruct their jumps and to what extent. Absorbing new techniques is way easier said than done. I don't think triples are an issue at all (though we'll have to wait and see what they look like ie entry, exits etc due to new rules) but quads? It doesn't depend on just that, it depends on his initial ability too and I never thought of him as a jumper in the first place. I do think two different quads are a tall order. I know he wants them, never mind the whole catch up to the other two guys, but if he can get the T back and actually rotate it, then it'll already be a massive achievement. 

I feel like all this is going to have a lot to do with basic physical conditioning before he even steps on the ice. The more fit he can get himself to be, and the more strong his legs , the better a chance he has. Speaking as someone who's witnessed older athletes totally kill it over the young whipper-snappers, it comes to down to training smart and being very, very specific in what you do to achieve the goals. With younger athletes, it's different; the type of physical training done is less important than just doing enough of it because they have youth on their side to make up for the rest. (said the former swim coach. not the same sport, but some of the issues are similar.)

On 7/2/2018 at 12:30 AM, TallyT said:

The only way Yuzu wasn't going to be a shoe in for the Olympics team was if he announced he really wasn't human... and even then, JFS would have probably pointed out that alienness is not actually against the rules.

Don't give the IOC ideas. :ohno:

He probably shouldn't have said that. They'll tear him apart and we'll have stuff like Nobu Oda's left leg, skating for Canada and Nobu Oda's right leg skating for Finland and Nobu Oda's right arm for Germany ... wicked arm transitions .... 

I should probably have a nap :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:

Nobu come back!!

Can somebody fix his competition head problems, because he has the 4T, Yuzu said he's landed 4Lz, he has a 3A that's easily still top three in the world... I want him to come back and bring the Super Mario programme with him. :D