Team Japan

17 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Oh... Well, I guess he's coming out of retirement domestically, not internationally.

We'll see. 

If he does at least one international, and gets the required TES scores, then it means he's leaving the door open, depending on Nationals. 

honestly I really am not looking forward to this season... I'm already so traumatised with the hate towards yuzu by dai fans the Olympic season and way before, the people's honor award etc. the media rivalry between shoma and yuzu, then now dai comes in, I'm just :59227c768286a__s:

I really don't like the timing of his announcement either, he did it the day before Yuzu gets his big award, I just hope the media will not ask Yuzu  about it. People might twist his words and cause more issues for him.

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Fanwars aside, I'mm actually looking forward to seeing Dai compete since I came into FS long after he retired.

This is also true. I'm also very curious of watching him skate, but considering that he's only aiming for regionals and Nationals, I'm not even sure I'll be able (or I'll remember) to follow him? xD I wonder how Nationals will go though... if he comes back... and Yuzuru comes back after 2 years... and Shoma against them, holding the title for the last 2 years... uh... bye. 

I've watched Daisuke on S-PARK. 

He was talking about his current training and said he's started triple jumps but hasn't started quads. He told his old coach Utako Nagamitsu on the new year's day that he's coming back to compete again. She said it could be partially because Daisuke never competed at WC after Sochi and that could have been on back of his mind for all this time that he's never had a chance to say good bye properly to the home crowd.

Daisuke also said that at JPN Nat in Dec 2017, Sota Yamamoto and others had inspired him that everyone had their own battles leading up to that point and they skated with whatever they've overcome or believed. And that made him think about his own battle in skating. So at that time,  a very strong wish that he wants to compete again came into his mind. Maybe he's realised that he had unfinished business in competitive skating because his knee injury prevented him from skating after Sochi. And seeing Sota overcame his injury and skated at Jpn nat at the time made him realise he wants to finish his competitive skating the way he really wanted.

He said his current goal is to be among the last group at JPN national and anything beyond that is yet to be thought through.

The way Daisuke spoke, I believe he's taking things one step at a time to be realistic. He knows that the time has changed and coming back to competitive skating after 4 year blank is not a walk in the park. 

I don't really know the truth but I don't think Yuzu and Daisuke have any issues between them but sadly their fans don't see that way. 

12 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

This is also true. I'm also very curious of watching him skate, but considering that he's only aiming for regionals and Nationals, I'm not even sure I'll be able (or I'll remember) to follow him? xD I wonder how Nationals will go though... if he comes back... and Yuzuru comes back after 2 years... and Shoma against them, holding the title for the last 2 years... uh... bye. 

Tbh, there's no fight between Yuzuru, Shoma and Dai. Yuzuru and Shoma are way too ahead. Now for the third spot, that could legit be a big one, depending on what Dai's state is. 

If there is one thing I am looking forward to, it's the step sequence!