Team Japan

Wow, this is the most jaw dropping news of this jaw dropping off season :jaw: Wishing him the best. I always liked his artisty (especially blues program), though I'm beeing skeptical about his possible TES potential, even 4 years ago his 4T was sometimes borderline UR.

3 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Whut? Geez, I missed so much before the Planet came into existence! What was this about? Why did they want him off the team?

Yuzuru was sick, if you remember, so he missed Nationals so he didn't 'deserve' it. I don't even remember all the details now but I think there was even a mess that people were told they were signing one thing, when it was another, that. It got sorted out quickly enough, but just the idea was guh.

So no mention yet of international comps, as well as GP. But I guess it's understandable, given participation in Worlds/4CC/GP will be up to JSF. 

I wonder if he said anything about what sort of training he's been doing in preparation, and who his coaching team will be?

12 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Whut? Geez, I missed so much before the Planet came into existence! What was this about? Why did they want him off the team?

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Yuzuru was sick, if you remember, so he missed Nationals so he didn't 'deserve' it. I don't even remember all the details now but I think there was even a mess that people were told they were signing one thing, when it was another, that. It got sorted out quickly enough, but just the idea was guh.

.. okay, so while I said I conveniently blocked this incident from my memory it's still there. The antis used a 'blood donation drive' excuse and asked people for signature stating it's for supporting the drive (remember that Yuzu supported Red Cross) but it was quickly found out that it was actually a petition to remove Yuzu from the world team because he didn't compete in Nationals.

Just now, kaeryth said:

.. okay, so while I said I conveniently blocked this incident from my memory it's still there. The antis used a 'blood donation drive' excuse and asked people for signature stating it's for supporting the drive (remember that Yuzu supported Red Cross) but it was quickly found out that it was actually a petition to remove Yuzu from the world team because he didn't compete in Nationals.

Tbh, I find it really hard to believe that people could stoop to that level. But I know that some extreme fans could be.

Was this really true? As in, was it not just a rumor?

I read a lot of Dai fans saying that Yuzu getting booed during Nats 2012 was just a rumor spouted by Hanyu-fans.

7 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Right, right! Blood donation drive! Ok now I remember, thank you! Guh :13877886:

@enno0287 oh it was true all right. Unfortunately. 

@katonice he was in Mishin's camp for training, jumps I am sure. 

26 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Wow, that's real petty. I guess they were fine with Dai going to the Olympics despite finishing 5th at Nats? Ehhh, I bet they were mad when Yuzu won those Worlds. Nevermind, I think Yuzu has experienced enough of fan support now that if he encounters negativity it will be overtaken by all the love he gets.

But sheesh, there's gonna be fanwars. That link about "Yuzuru avoiding being interviewed by Takahashi" and "Hanyu fans attacking Daisuke in a orchestrated manner" implying that Yuzu orchestated it was an eye-opener, especially because I've seen Yuzu fans claiming the exact opposite, that Daisuke hates Yuzu and doesn't want to interview him. Whatever the reason for that interview situation, it shows that both sides have some crazy contingent, and it's gonna get ugly in some parts of the internetz, and not in the mildly-amusing juvenile Evgenia-is-a-crazy-lovesick-girl-who-followed-Yuzu-to-Toronto-although-he-wants-nothing-to-do-with-her kind of way.

13 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Whatever the reason for that interview situation, it shows that both sides have some crazy contingent, and it's gonna get ugly in some parts of the internetz, and not in the mildly-amusing juvenile Evgenia-is-a-crazy-lovesick-girl-who-followed-Yuzu-to-Toronto-although-he-wants-nothing-to-do-with-her kind of way.

I just think they both aware of the fanwars so they avoid appear together in front of media. Whatever they do/say will be heavily analyze and twist into something ugly. It already happen when there's no interaction. 

Whatever, there's always some bad apples in fandom. I hope Dai archive what he want, like he said, for himself. Its not about the medal or points, its his own satisfaction. 

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

... a vast majority of Dai fans are super nice people. But there is this small, nasty section that is simply vocal. 

10 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

... it shows that both sides have some crazy contingent, and it's gonna get ugly in some parts of the internetz...

Every fandom has a crazy contingent, always has and always will. They're usually the minority by far, but they usually also are the ones who scream the loudest 

40 minutes ago, Katt said:

Dai intend to do Kinki Regionals

Ok that just sounds wrong when you read it on a mostly English-speaking forum :smiley-rolleyes009: 

I'll show myself out

33 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

But sheesh, there's gonna be fanwars.

Honestly, I don't really care about that, it's the usual internet stuff and people can be this or that from all fandoms so we'll just have to ignore that and carry on. Some of the actions they took, now that was super unfortunate but here's hoping it at least doesn't go that far.

@Pamigena you had to go there :68468287:

2 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

...He intends on studying Nathan Chen's jumps.

Nathan's technique is abit russian (develop by Mishin I think) and he's training in Mishin's camp so it make sense.