Team Japan

11 minutes ago, fireovertheice said:

Yes Yata, speaking of Carolina you are right, but the field of senior ladies in the last years has been a little more stagnating than the men's field. We will see: I am also very curious. I hope just the there will be not nasty things from fans, like happend in the past.

I'm more talking about Japan locally. Yes, I've seen the whole he'll medal at Worlds etc thing but I'm more interested in what happens locally, in Japan, which is the issue that as I see it, is something we can compare somewhat. And yes, he was in Mishin's camp (more Caro! :68468287:) but not sure who'll coach him.

About the fans, it's a different situation as Zu himself is in a different situation and a vast majority of Dai fans are super nice people. But there is this small, nasty section that is simply vocal. Hopefully it is fine even if they were still active just a year ago.

I think if Dai want to do GPs, he would announce earlier, before GP's selection to get the spot as return skaters just like Gracie. One thing for sure, he has to do regionals, to get senior B and go to Nationals. He skipped 4 seasons, he's not in the world standing, he need to start from domestic comp to get to international. 

I'm not too worried about Kazuki and Keiji. They both have quite reliable quad and 3a, potential second quad. Let's be realistic, jumping in ice show =/= competition. You need to do full set of triples, and yes, triple axel. Training for competition, and the whole season is a different beast. He's amazing in PCS, but that alone won't save him if he doesn't deliver on TES. I would be very surprise if he can get near to Shoma's pcs in domestic comp. 

Let's wait and see. His press cont start soon

5 minutes ago, Katt said:

I think if Dai want to do GPs, he would announce earlier, before GP's selection to get the spot as return skaters just like Gracie.

NHK host spot is TBD so he can get that one easily. 

Looking forward to what we're going to hear at the press release. A part of me is afraid he'll become like Kostner, exactly as someone said above. And that his return would take away the much needed PCS fed backing (and intl competition spots needed to build experience) from the younger skaters. If they're aiming for Beijing, the time to start building their intl reputation is now, as I'm sure Daisuke won't stick around till then. Those are the only two things preventing me from being fully happy at his return.

5 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

... and I've seen them becoming active again...

That's a worry, not only if they attack Yuzu (who is loved enough to ignore them) but the young skaters who might want to fight for the place Dai is also aiming for.  From what I've read, they were really vicious before...

12 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

NHK host spot is TBD so he can get that one easily. 

Yes. But if he really want to do GPs, he can get 2 easily as a comeback skater. I doubt JSF, or any fed would give the host spot to a skater return after 4 years without knowing his form. His situation is far different from Mao/Pchan/Carolina. 

I also don't think he hold a whole press con just to announce he's doing Japan open. We'll see

18 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

... and I've seen them becoming active again...

They never really stopped. Remember pre-Helsinki, when those signatures were being collected to get Yuzuru out of the Worlds team? Fingers crossed it turns out fine. For everyone, including Dai himself.

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

They never really stopped. Remember pre-Helsinki, when those signatures were being collected to get Yuzuru out of the Worlds team? Fingers crossed it turns out fine. For everyone, including Dai himself.

I conveniently blocked that out from my memory..

Dai intend to do Kinki Regionals, to aim for Nationals. He hope to do 2 quads ( 1 in SP and 1 in FS ?)

Don't know if he want to fight for WC/4CC spot because he will need TES min in international comp

20 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Whut? Geez, I missed so much before the Planet came into existence! What was this about? Why did they want him off the team?