Team Japan

1 minute ago, ClarissaH said:

I fully intended to go to sleep before midnight tonight but then Daisuke had to go and drop that bomb. it is now quarter until 1 and I am too excite to even consider sleep. 

Literally same.

Well Dai really need to do regionals to even get senior B and the GPs. Its not the fed can invite whoever they want, it depend alot on regionals/selection results. He skipped 4 seasons, not one. I wish the best for Dai and hope he archive what he want. 

There will be press con in the evening. We'll know more about this. 

7 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I knew I'd read the comeback rule recently. From Alice's Tumblr (the-real-xmonster):

So technically any of the TBD slots can be given to him? The US, CAN, FIN and IDF GPs all still have TBD slots, and they all haven't filled the max 3 skaters allowed for JPN in their events. How amazing would that be if one of them invites Dai. 

11 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I knew I'd read the comeback rule recently. From Alice's Tumblr (the-real-xmonster):

Hi, I love this rule.

I'm also a bit worried for Kazuki. I think among the up-and-comers in Japan, he's the only one who really strikes me as having his own style. I wonder if I shouldn't be more bummed for Keiji instead.

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

Well Dai really need to do regionals to even get senior B and the GPs. Its not the fed can invite whoever they want, it depend alot on regionals/selection results. He skipped 4 seasons, not one. I wish the best for Dai and hope he archive what he want. 

There will be press con in the evening. We'll know more about this. 

Yeah, you have a point here. It would be unfair to the other skaters if he were given that NHK slot just like that. He will need to prove that he's fit and can perform well if he gets assigned a GP. 

So he will really need to go through regionals/sectionals no matter what. 

he can't use the grand prix comeback thing because they've already assigned the spots, i'm pretty sure. nhk host pick is fair game though.

i've been staring at the announcement for about an hour like trying to absorb this news like what??? what???? lmfao im in shock

2 minutes ago, golden said:

he can't use the grand prix comeback thing because they've already assigned the spots, i'm pretty sure. nhk host pick is fair game though.

i've been staring at the announcement for about an hour like trying to absorb this news like what??? what???? lmfao im in shock

I'm lowkey still shaking from the news myself. It's been over an hour for me since I first read the news and I'm in the same mindscape as you. 

7 minutes ago, katonice said:

So technically any of the TBD slots can be given to him? The US, CAN, FIN and IDF GPs all still have TBD slots, and they all haven't filled the max 3 skaters allowed for JPN in their events. How amazing would that be if one of them invites Dai. 

6 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Hi, I love this rule.

I'm also a bit worried for Kazuki. I think among the up-and-comers in Japan, he's the only one who really strikes me as having his own style. I wonder if I shouldn't be more bummed for Keiji instead.

I suppose any of the TBD slots that are not host slots could be given to him. Or any withdrawals. I dunno how it works practically, if he wanted to compete this season, he should have let ISU know before the announcement, right? 

I don't know what this does to JSF politicking, really, but nobody can honestly predict what JSF will do to its skaters.

18 minutes ago, katonice said:

Yeah, you have a point here. It would be unfair to the other skaters if he were given that NHK slot just like that. He will need to prove that he's fit and can perform well if he gets assigned a GP. 

So he will really need to go through regionals/sectionals no matter what. 

Its true that Japanese men's field is not as depth as before, but still there's Kazuki who's very promosing, Keiji, Ryuji Hino... who's been competing in regionals for years for senior B/GP spot. Its not that easy to give him any spot just because he's Daisuke Takahashi. JSF or any fed has plenty of protocols when it comes to senior B/GPs, especially he announced after GPs assigments out, not before.  He's amazing skater and performer, but he need to deliver on TES as anybody out there.

I think he will do Japan open. Not sure about international comp

20 minutes ago, Katt said:

I think he will do Japan open. Not sure about international comp

If he doesn't do some of the internationals, the implosion of todays explosion on all forums won't be pretty - I think I read something about him medalling at Worlds already!!!

Just now, TallyT said:

If he doesn't do some of the internationals, the implosion of todays explosion on all forums won't be pretty - I think I read something about him medalling at Worlds already!!!

I don't know, I mean I love Daisuke, but I think with Kazuki doing better, and Keiji potentially stabilizing his 4S,  it's more likely that Yuzu, Shoma, Kazuki and Keiji will be the picks to rep Japan internationally. 

1 minute ago, TallyT said:

We'll know more when his press con start. I asked some japanese fans and they said he can get NHK spot without minimum TES. But its whole another story for WC and 4CC. The japanese men's field is not Itatly's ladies field. 

He can't possibly have taken it this far without sorting out details with JSF. So the comeback rule will have been considered, at least.

We'll find out! Wow, what a summer. Is this prepping us for a wild season or is it getting the drama out of the way for a sane season?