Team Japan

55 minutes ago, Xen said:

In case anyone wants to translate...something about 3A's in here?

Roughly... she absolutely wants to add the 3A to her program this season. Went to Toronto to train the 3A in May - among other things - with Ghislain but only for a week. 

She spoke about thinking if you have strong skating skills, you can overcome deficiencies in jumps but because of speed, the jump timings may not match so she's realising lately that speed isn't everything. She says she tends to mess up the timing of jumps during comps so timing is something she's focusing on. Goal is to win JNats and appear at GPF every year and wanting to peak at every comp, as well as add more TR. SP by Shae-Lynn, FS apparently by Yuka Sato. 

I just hope she stays healthy... the fixation on the 3A bothers me a little since she does struggle with recovering from mistakes and it's such a huge thing to have in a program, but I really hope she lands it. 

46 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Roughly... she absolutely wants to add the 3A to her program this season. Went to Toronto to train the 3A in May - among other things - with Ghislain but only for a week. 

She spoke about thinking if you have strong skating skills, you can overcome deficiencies in jumps but because of speed, the jump timings may not match so she's realising lately that speed isn't everything. She says she tends to mess up the timing of jumps during comps so timing is something she's focusing on. Goal is to win JNats and appear at GPF every year and wanting to peak at every comp, as well as add more TR. SP by Shae-Lynn, FS apparently by Yuka Sato. 

I just hope she stays healthy... the fixation on the 3A bothers me a little since she does struggle with recovering from mistakes and it's such a huge thing to have in a program, but I really hope she lands it. 

:thanks: 

I think this past season made her a much stronger competitor. Fingers crossed that Wakababy is now mature enough to handle the inevitable pops and falls on the 3A. It would be amazing though, she has the Midori Ito build - short, powerful.  

48 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Yay, Wakababy news :smiley-happy093:

So glad she will work with Shae-Lynn again, and so curious about the other choreographer, people say she did Mai's Cinderella, do we know any other programs by her? :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

she choreographed quite a few programs for takahiko kozuka, his 05/06 programs, all programs between 07/08 and 09/10, and his 10/11 sp. my favourite of them is bold as love:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, kaerb said:

I kind of have Mao flashbacks when I think about Wakaba and 3A and I'm automatically worried. But mostly excited :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Seems like Mitsuki Sumoto has finished making his competitive programs for 2018-2019 season.
Since this is Ice Rink Sendai and he says "Thank you for last 5 days" in the caption, maybe Ms. Nanami Abe choreographed his programs?
He says he'll skate his new FS and SP in Heroes and Future in Nagano and Dreams on Ice in Yokohama respectively.