Team Japan

14 hours ago, surimi said:

Satoko makes a cute policewoman. :animated-smileys-character-023: Does anyone know if Keiji has ever done this, him being extremely suitable for the position? If so, I need to see the photos.

Unfortunately, Keiji has never been a "Police chief for a day" but he has become a "Fire chief for a day" once. Until he finally becomes a police chief please enjoy Keiji the fire chief.

o0420056013234746461.jpg

source

e266433a848358b50ca351224dd19be3.jpg

source

9 hours ago, yuzupon said:

I am looking at what CSA is planning on doing and what KSU is already doing, and then I look at JSF, and just :13877886:

ETA: KSU

JSF sent Marin to Rafael.

Was one of the first to go overseas after Olympics ended.

I wonder why havnt they considered sendin shoma overseas?? 

Also I think Rika shld also go to make her 3A more stabilized in NA environment. 

14 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

JSF sent Marin to Rafael.

Was one of the first to go overseas after Olympics ended.

I wonder why havnt they considered sendin shoma overseas?? 

Also I think Rika shld also go to make her 3A more stabilized in NA environment. 

We're not sure if it was Marin/JSF or both that made the decision to change coaches to Raf. JSF can only suggest but they can't force the skater if they don't want to. Example is Kanako - it was suggested for her to train overseas but she chose to stay with Yamada/Higuchi. 

Shoma had some jump training in Chicago with Ouriashev during summer off seasons but has stated time and time again that he would not leave Yamada/Higuchi.

Rika's 3A is actually already pretty stable so I don't think going to a jump coach in NA would be much help.

What I meant is about also developing other areas, not only singles. Japan is successful enough with their singles, and they do have good coaches who train their skaters to have good techniques. Well, with some exceptions, but it's not like all coaches in North America and Russia are perfect either.

My point is more in the Ice Dance and Pairs. As opposed to CSA, who does a diagnosis of what they are lacking and makes good plans to overcome it, JSF seems to just don't care?? I am hoping it's just that they are doing something, but just are not announcing it. But, experiences with how they treat Yuzu, and their many amazing ladies (last season GP assignment anyone?)... Yeah...

12 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

What I meant is about also developing other areas, not only singles. Japan is successful enough with their singles, and they do have good coaches who train their skaters to have good techniques. Well, with some exceptions, but it's not like all coaches in North America and Russia are perfect either.

My point is more in the Ice Dance and Pairs. As opposed to CSA, who does a diagnosis of what they are lacking and makes good plans to overcome it, JSF seems to just don't care?? I am hoping it's just that they are doing something, but just are not announcing it. But, experiences with how they treat Yuzu, and their many amazing ladies (last season GP assignment anyone?)... Yeah...

Might be a funding issue- don't underestimate the financial floodgate that opened with Beijing 2022.

The main issue I see for JPN is pairs. But unlike CSA, JPN has some good coaches in ladies and men's, so they might not have the impetus. China does because it is now considered a systemic failure that we can't fix in time, especially with a much smaller talent pool than JPN, so outside help is called. Otherwise it's unlikely they will go overseas for the long term.

10 minutes ago, Xen said:

Might be a funding issue- don't underestimate the financial floodgate that opened with Beijing 2022.

The main issue I see for JPN is pairs. But unlike CSA, JPN has some good coaches in ladies and men's, so they might not have the impetus. China does because it is now considered a systemic failure that we can't fix in time, especially with a much smaller talent pool than JPN, so outside help is called. Otherwise it's unlikely they will go overseas for the long term.

Yeah, funding might be one issue. But considering the popularity of the sport in Japan, it should be a fixable issue. And, it doesn't have to be sending skaters to train overseas. Anything, really, to motivate skaters to take up pairs.

Also, I should add that I'm not necessarily fond of what seems to be a micromanaging of their skaters done by CSA. But I can see why it is needed, or preffered (all the issue with education and future post competitive carreer prospects). JSF, on the other hand, seems to just pick and back 1-2 skaters they have minted to be the 'new heirs' and send off the rest to fight in the arena, mortal combat style.

There's also the issue of having a rink dedicated to pairs/ice dance. Single skaters from Nagoya/Kyoto are lucky to have an exclusive ice rink but if you've seen some old Yuzu Sendai practices, you can see that the rinks are very much filled and you sometimes spend practices at the same time as public sessions. It's dangerous to practice Ice Dance or Pairs in those conditions. Bottomline is that JSF doesn't really care too much about Pairs and Ice Dance.

15 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Unfortunately, Keiji has never been a "Police chief for a day" but he has become a "Fire chief for a day" once. Until he finally becomes a police chief please enjoy Keiji the fire chief.

o0420056013234746461.jpg

source

e266433a848358b50ca351224dd19be3.jpg

source

Perfect. That made my day. Thank you. :heart: