Team Japan

11 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

The Furisode (formal kimono for young unmarried women) Satoko is wearing is her mother's.  It's so classic and gorgeous, matching Satoko <3

Soooo beautiful! She has such classic beauty, she looks like she could step back in time and be old-timey royalty.

5 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

:crybaby:

Thanks for reposting this, yuzuangel. I hope young Sota had a great day, and I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed for his health.

Btw, can anyone clarify what the text says? With the help of jisho, I pieced together somehing like that the first performance (after the long break?) at all-Japan championships was so beautiful to watch it made the user cry? Then I'm lost on the first part, but after that they thank him for not giving up on skating and returning, and then wish him a happy birthday?

On 2018. 01. 09. at 11:54 AM, MrPudding said:

oh dear this happens too..

I hope nothing like this happen in figure skating

I don't know the reason for it but this happens quite often in canoe sprint,  I heard lots of similar stories in the past years. Figure skaters are extra careful when it comes to their drinks, and during competitions coaches or team members usually carry their water bottles/take care of them all the time.

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

I don't know the reason for it but this happens quite often in canoe sprint,  I heard lots of similar stories in the past years. Figure skaters are extra careful when it comes to their drinks, and during competitions coaches or team members usually carry their water bottles/take care of them all the time.

oh wow didn't know that :eek:

Has all the figure skaters for Pyeonchang completed their drugs check or will they have to do another one once they land in Korea?

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

Has all the figure skaters for Pyeonchang completed their drugs check or will they have to do another one once they land in Korea?

IOC can test the athletes at any time and any place during the Olympics, and WADA also has in-competition and out-of-competition testing authority...(see 5.2. in IOC's Anti-Doping Rules of the Olympic Games). I don't know how it works in practice, but I wouldn't wonder if they tested the skaters after both the team event and the individual ones (maybe both SP and FS). Not only media obligations but also doping tests take a lot of time after competitions...

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

I’m not even surprised. Ppl are vicious when they want something. I won’t even be surprised if another athlete fan try to set up their fave’s rival.