Team Japan

Feature on the Japanese ladies fighting for 2 spots for Olympics. In Japanese. Cue the ugly tears because so many good ladies and only 2 spots. :cry:

Note: Kaori is now in the conversation too, whereas before I think she wasn't mentioned so much. 

8 hours ago, xeyra said:

The green looks a LOT better in this picture.  :13877886:

Jeez, Shoma is getting so handsome, how are we supposed to handle this :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Feature on the Japanese ladies fighting for 2 spots for Olympics. In Japanese. Cue the ugly tears because so many good ladies and only 2 spots. :cry:

Note: Kaori is now in the conversation too, whereas before I think she wasn't mentioned so much. 

Noooooo 

I'm not ready for the big Heartbreak :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

1 時間前, katoniceさんが言いました:

*doki* That's a fantastic screenshot~! What an incredible fighter~:tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

Unlike the men's field in the comp, whose turnout has made things less predictable and less high octane, the competition in the ladies' one is super stiff, mainly because out of the six, she's the only one who still gets lowballed by judges (while the other five tend to get more inflated scores from them) so it'll be incredibly hard even if she were to skate her lights out, if everyone else skated clean. Unless, of course, this competition becomes a huge turning point for her score-wise, even when measured up against the judge's favorites. However it plays out, this experience, would be an especially good one for her.  I'm really looking forward seeing her compete and I pray, despite being far from religious, that she'll have a wonderful time there.

And wow...she's the only one of Asian descent there this year.