#WeLoveYouYuzu

kaeryth

8 hours ago, kaeryth said:

I'll be adding nice Yuzu tweets from known FS personalities ..

Did that bottle serious say "Yuzu-it"? I don't think I recall Todd referencing other skaters ever...he's normally so quiet about competiting skaters.

Ahem....Rough ( very very rough in fact )translation ( or this is what I think :biggrin:

“ I admire Yuzuru very much because he represents everything I want in an athlete and beyond : he has talent; he works very hard to build on those talents; he’s the number one in the world but his motivation never subsides, he’s the complete package combo of tech and artistry whose performances speak to the heart and soul of the audience; I have like thousands pics of him, I spend my spare time and other times as well to watch his programs to admire and study his moves , I wish I could understand Japanese so that I could get all of his nuances and unique thoughts ( oopsie, that was me,  I slipped off ), I was watching his R&J and thought to myself , he gave his all in this performance, so fired up, ...and i love his costume!....

Thank you for reading :thanks:

Joshua Farris (I missed him so I was watching some of his competitions and interviews and stumbled upon this gem).

Interviewer: ... Is there any past skater who's inspired you? Not necessarily an American, just anyone who maybe you watched when you were younger, getting into the sport, even now that you go back and watch that really makes you want to excel.

Josh: To be honest, this is going to sound creepy, but my first year around the junior circuit I didn't actually compete against him but I was well aware of Yuzuru Hanyu and I really liked his skating... and at Junior Worlds, I wasn't there but, I made sure to watch him and that long program performance really kinda got the ball going for me. I was like "Oh you know what this is really cool. If he can do that, even though he's a month older than me, I think I can do that." So, and I still... I really admire his skating... He's a pretty good skater...

Spoiler