#WeLoveYouYuzu

kaeryth

Japan Times Article: Hamilton, Cousins reflect on Hanyu’s brilliance, drawing power

SCOTT HAMILTON, American Figure Skater, commentator

"We saw in Sochi how remarkable of an athlete he is,” Hamilton stated. “The way that he presents himself through his programs and his artistry as being very organic and genuine to who he is as a skater."

ROBON COUSINS, British Figure Skater

“Coping with the pressure. It’s amazing,” Cousins stated. “We know from watching interviews, he put the pressure on himself. I saw an interview where he said, ‘People say I know don’t have to do what everyone else does, but I want to.’

“That’s the kind of person that becomes a star and a champion, and a very unique and special Olympian. Which is what he is,” Cousins commented. “Two-time Olympic gold medalist. He has set a new benchmark.”

"... I don’t know him that well, but I would say that Hanyu is that person who doesn’t need to know who’s in the audience,” Cousins continued. “He needs to know what he wants and he makes them come to him. It’s a different dynamic, but it absolutely is mesmerizing.

DICK BUTTON, American Figure Skater, commentator

Congratulations, Yuzuru. You have skated magnificently. Records are made to be tied or broken by other skaters, and I have zero interest on whether or not my record was broken but I am very pleased that it was broken by a skater with the quality and character of Yuzuru Hanyu.

Feb. 24, 2018, SOURCE

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

lmaooo did they accost him in the bathroom together :laughing: and lol trust Mr Button to throw in a tiny bit of shade, but at least he was mostly nice

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

They saw their chance and took it! :biggrin:

Imagine Yuzu coming out in one of the stalls in the bathroom and them being like "OMG! It's Yuzu! Can we take a picture?" :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: