Skincare and Beauty

robin

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I use Buffet morning and night, hyaluronic acid 2% in the morning and advanced retinoid and cold pressed rosehip oil at night.  I've just ordered the vitamin C serum but it hasn't arrived yet.  It's good stuff and doesn't break the bank.

The shiseido sunblock is waterproof so it doesn't come off easily which presumably is why it doesn't trickle into my eyes when I get sweaty.  It's very hard to find something that isn't horrible to wear.

Ohh I have never really used an sunblock that is but waterproof so maybe that’s why I didn’t have that problem. 

I am currently trying to choose between trying their EUK or their vitamin C suspension... the EUK serum seems really interesting 

49 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

well I'm unhealthy, lazy and broke. I don't even have a morning or night routine, or any skincare routine in fact... nothing can save me 

You sound like me... honestly I haven’t been able to keep up with my routine over the holidays and I’m trying hard to get back to it properly :P 

• 4 months later...

I never had any issues with my skin until i turned 22. With much trial and error, especially since I have very sensitive skin, I found a routine that works fairly great for me. I like to mix the products so my skin doesnt have the chance to get used to them.

I currently use a mixture of innisfree and the face shop products. I do cleanser>toner>exfoliator 2 times a week> face mask>serum>emulsion>cream. At times when I want extra moisture, especially during the winter, I use a butter cream from the face shop.

At night after the same routine after the regular cream, I apply a sleeping mask cream.

As for sun cream, I am using 2 different types of sun creams. I am currently using Sunprise from etude house and the daily uv protection from innisfree. Both dont feel greasy/oily and have a nice scent to it....though im close to running out:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Like I said, this routine has worked fairly great for me but I have slight issues after a trip to texas left me with very badly sun damage especially around my neck and arm/hand area. I still am trying to find a way to fix this but have not been successful😢 if anyone knows a way id be grateful for some guidance

36 minutes ago, honeyzu said:

I never had any issues with my skin until i turned 22. With much trial and error, especially since I have very sensitive skin, I found a routine that works fairly great for me. I like to mix the products so my skin doesnt have the chance to get used to them.

I currently use a mixture of innisfree and the face shop products. I do cleanser>toner>exfoliator 2 times a week> face mask>serum>emulsion>cream. At times when I want extra moisture, especially during the winter, I use a butter cream from the face shop.

At night after the same routine after the regular cream, I apply a sleeping mask cream.

As for sun cream, I am using 2 different types of sun creams. I am currently using Sunprise from etude house and the daily uv protection from innisfree. Both dont feel greasy/oily and have a nice scent to it....though im close to running out:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Like I said, this routine has worked fairly great for me but I have slight issues after a trip to texas left me with very badly sun damage especially around my neck and arm/hand area. I still am trying to find a way to fix this but have not been successful😢 if anyone knows a way id be grateful for some guidance

try aloevera gel cream from nature republic for your sun burn or klairs blue cream, I love both these products to calm redness etc, moreover try do sheet mask every day until your sunburn or redness dissappear

13 minutes ago, yuzu.fairy said:

try aloevera gel cream from nature republic for your sun burn or klairs blue cream, I love both these products to calm redness etc, moreover try do sheet mask every day until your sunburn or redness dissappear

Definitely aloe vera is a good way to go - we have a pot from our mother, it's not at all a pretty plant but any burn (sun or kitchen or whatever), in an emergency just breaking off a bit and patting it on helps (as long as the skin's not broken)

If you can find a cream or gel with it in, it's definitely worth a try.

On 1/12/2018 at 4:11 AM, Sombreuil said:

I didn't realise this thread existed - can I agree with @robin about the ordinary products?

It's the wrong time of year for it but my best discovery was a sunblock - Irish heritage gives you skin that combusts at the first ray of sunshine - I've tried most factor 50 sunblocks on the market, from the cheap to the super expensive and they all leave you looking like a refugee from the Americas cup (bad look on anyone but Ellen McArthur) and when it gets into your eyes, which it always does, it stings like nothing on earth.  Last summer I bought Shiseido wet force water resistant factor 50+ and it was marvellous - pricey ( though not the most expensive) but worth it for tear free eyes.  I just use Nivea 50 everywhere else but the Shiseido for the face.

Have you tried the non-oily sunblocks like Biore? They're not waterproof, though.

On the topic of sunburns- I had a pretty bad sunburn two days into my beach vacation even though I wore several layers of different 50 SPF and recently I heard a different opinion on using sunblock on a daily basis. That using sunblock excessively, even when it isn’t sunny outside/ in the winter, weakens your skin‘s own defense mechanisms which can be detrimental, as well. It seems plausible. i had stopped chemically exfoliating my skin for a week before that vacation and despite the layers of sunblock I had a terrible sunburn. I am still using my SPF daily and independently from he weather (as I am chemically exfoliating every other day) but it got me thinking.... 

Maybe I need to exfoliate less. (But I can’t stand feeling build up on my skin.)

On 5/28/2018 at 12:48 AM, yuzu.fairy said:

On 5/28/2018 at 1:04 AM, TallyT said:

Definitely aloe vera is a good way to go - we have a pot from our mother, it's not at all a pretty plant but any burn (sun or kitchen or whatever), in an emergency just breaking off a bit and patting it on helps (as long as the skin's not broken)

If you can find a cream or gel with it in, it's definitely worth a try.

Ive purchased some and am now just waiting for it to arrive to me. Hopefully while doing my routine, the aloe helps me. I used to carry some aloe when I am out in the sun but I've gotten lazy in carrying so now I am paying the price:2: 

On 5/28/2018 at 4:26 PM, robin said:

On the topic of sunburns- I had a pretty bad sunburn two days into my beach vacation even though I wore several layers of different 50 SPF and recently I heard a different opinion on using sunblock on a daily basis. That using sunblock excessively, even when it isn’t sunny outside/ in the winter, weakens your skin‘s own defense mechanisms which can be detrimental, as well. It seems plausible. i had stopped chemically exfoliating my skin for a week before that vacation and despite the layers of sunblock I had a terrible sunburn. I am still using my SPF daily and independently from he weather (as I am chemically exfoliating every other day) but it got me thinking.... 

Maybe I need to exfoliate less. (But I can’t stand feeling build up on my skin.)

I randomly clicked and comes to this. On the bolded part.... What? What?!