1 hour ago, Melodie said:

Pierrefonds to hold ACI. 

Has there been any comps here as of late? It sounds very unfamiliar to me.

Also, is it close to Toronto? 

(Hi! I'm new here :wave:)

Pierrefonds is actually a suburb of Montreal so it's about a 6h drive from Toronto.

Sportplexe seems to be a big place with many ice rinks (at least 4) so it's a good venue to hold international competitions I think. 

I have a practice there next Sunday so maybe I'll learn more by then.

4 hours ago, Pancake said:

(Hi! I'm new here :wave:)

Pierrefonds is actually a suburb of Montreal so it's about a 6h drive from Toronto.

Sportplexe seems to be a big place with many ice rinks (at least 4) so it's a good venue to hold international competitions I think. 

I have a practice there next Sunday so maybe I'll learn more by then.

Welcome, @Pancake:puddingpooh:

3 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Plus the announcement said: "Due to the current provincial restrictions and guidelines, there are no planned ticket sales for the 2021 Autumn Classic International." 

Covid takes so much from us :cry:

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Covid takes so much from us :cry:

Tell me about it!

Goodness me, I was SO close to seeing Yuzu in Montreal! I even got one hella cool travel plan to FINALLY have a beautiful journey for myself :cry:

And now, this year....

On 6/18/2021 at 3:03 AM, Melodie said:

Tell me about it!

Goodness me, I was SO close to seeing Yuzu in Montreal! I even got one hella cool travel plan to FINALLY have a beautiful journey for myself :cry:

And now, this year....

Ikr. Just about makes me despair

On 6/18/2021 at 2:45 AM, IceWings said:

Plus the announcement said: "Due to the current provincial restrictions and guidelines, there are no planned ticket sales for the 2021 Autumn Classic International." 

I hope it will change in the next few weeks. The covid situation is getting better and better right now in Quebec. I was at Pierrefonds this morning and we were allowed to skate without masks. This wasn't the case last week in another rink.

I don't know if Yuzu will be back in Canada in September but I really really hope to be able to see him for the first time at ACI :smiley-angelic001::fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, Pancake said:

I hope it will change in the next few weeks. The covid situation is getting better and better right now in Quebec. I was at Pierrefonds this morning and we were allowed to skate without masks. This wasn't the case last week in another rink.

I don't know if Yuzu will be back in Canada in September but I really really hope to be able to see him for the first time at ACI :smiley-angelic001::fingerscrossed:

Welcome to the Planet and thanks for the Pierrefonds update ! :tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:

I hope things will continue to improve so that Canada can reopen soon. I wrote to Skate Canada asking if they would sell ACI tickets if the government restrictions were lifted in the near future or if they don't plan to sell tickets regardless. Waiting for their reply. I don't know how much time in advance they need in order to plan for an audience, but I hope they can do it and we will be able to see Yuzu if he attends! :fingerscrossed: