5 hours ago, JanMary said:

you know, it's not what he didn't do, but what JSF thinks he didn't do...

Here, I wouldn't even accuse the JSF of anything else than a cover-up of one person, then head of the tech panel, who took this decision out of the blue. This person seems to be a fierce anti-Hanyu, maybe because he's still "guilty" of having supplanted Daisuke Takahashi.

44 minutes ago, EternalSpin said:

I'm very happy for all the small fed skaters who worked hard to to get a spot for the Olympics and who'll most likely compete in Beijing. :) Yay for Donovan especially! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:Big success for Mark & Ioulia in pairs as well, it was their no1 dream to qualify for Olympics.

At the same time it makes me sad China will only have 1 spot in the men's, so won't see Han Yan in Beijing. Heartbreak :( 

59 minutes ago, Melodie said:

EyNCYkdVEAAnCOr?format=jpg&name=large

EyNCYkdVIAAhlKS?format=jpg&name=large

Credit: @corszk1220 on Twitter

It's interesting to see how different skaters position their arms and hands during jumps. I chuckled at Boyang's Rock-Paper-Scissor and Mikhail's pinky out :grin:

yeah i've noticed that yuzu's elbows stick out quite a lot. I feel like he's not actually as tight in the air as some other skaters, tho I bet pulling them in would feel weird though...

42 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

yeah i've noticed that yuzu's elbows stick out quite a lot. I feel like he's not actually as tight in the air as some other skaters, tho I bet pulling them in would feel weird though...

True, but IMO this year he has been pulling his arms a lot closer to his torso while jumping. But anyway, based on these photos, Anna, Nate, Wakaba and Mikhail (aside from his pinky LOL) seem to be in one group while Yuzu, Shoma, Satoko and Boyang in the others when it comes to positioning mid-air (although I still have NO idea what is the purpose of doing rock—paper-scissor LOL)

The international triathlon competition for the Tokyo Olympics, which was scheduled to be held in Osaka next month, has been canceled due to the effects of the new coronavirus.

The cancellation was the Triathlon World Cup, which was scheduled to take place around Osaka Castle Park in Osaka City on the 8th of next month.

According to the Japan Triathlon Union, we have been taking measures against the new coronavirus for the tournament, but we cannot meet the conditions for thorough isolation from the general public required by the country at hotels where related parties are staying. As a result, he gave up accepting overseas players and decided to cancel.

This tournament was one of the important tournaments to determine the ranking related to the qualifications for the Tokyo Olympics, and 130 men and women from 30 countries were scheduled to participate.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20210405/k10012957991000.html

Osaka has officially entered SoE. The ISU has previously stated that the conditions for WTT to be held would depend on whether SoE is lifted. I guess we will know what these mean after the ISU meeting scheduled for April 8. 

PS: It seems Team USA plans to depart on April 11 for Japan. 

It’s difficult to see how this could possibly go ahead - SOE is unlikely to last less than two weeks.

12 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

What's the point of having a SOE if foreigners come in without quarantine and perform in an arena *with audience*?

I mean, not even local residents are encouraged to go out for non-essential purposes...

Unless this comp is considered essential...