2 hours ago, Lunna said:

But Shcherbakova has a costume, so all three are nominated for some, all good in here. It's not like anybody cares about results or real popularity here.

And of the two costumes, they chose the free program one... I liked the transformation, most in fact because she loved it so much. But her Perfume costume was a beauty.

@Lunna

I've read that fan voting is only 1/3, other 1/3 is some jury and 1/3 media

I don't know why, I tend to think the "media" consulted were not Max Ambesi, British or Spanish Eurosport, or Tracy Wilson etc. 0:)

And all that politicking... :sick:  — Just as it "ought" to be, after all, with such promoters.

On 6/25/2020 at 11:13 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

See, up until COVID, I was thinking that 4CC 2021 would attract a lot of the big-name skaters, just because it's in Australia. I mean, that's the one part of the globe they never get to travel to, even though they travel all the time. I'm sure a lot of them are just like us and want to see Australia. 

I was so looking forward, not just to the skating, but to seeing my favourites cuddling koalas and doing all the touristy things :smiley-sad021: I think we would have gotten a bogger than usual turnout too... Australia does have that appeal.

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Look, they’ve got TWO candidates from Asia already, how many more do you want?! 
which country wins in representation tables, btw? 

I want the list to reflect reality but I guess tha's not on the menu, huh? :shrug:

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Daniil unfollowed ISU.:popcorn:

:LOL:

14 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I was so looking forward, not just to the skating, but to seeing my favourites cuddling koalas and doing all the touristy things :smiley-sad021:

:consoling2::sigh:

On 6/25/2020 at 11:53 PM, FlyingCamel said:

That would be amazing! All the time we get to watch Yuzu he's skating in an arena with boards filled with ads and all... wouldn't it be beautiful to see him skate in a nice frozen lake in the middle of beautiful scenery?

I know it's beautiful, I have dreamed it.

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

I take it all back. These awards are the most glorious thing to ever happen to FS. 

Simplest fix for no pairs nomination, which we've all said from day one, is to have different awards for each discipline. That would have the bonus of providing the illusion of diversity among nominees rather than just the USA/RUS/FRA +1 they've got going now.

But that wouldn't fit into the broadcast schedule for all the "glitz and glamour" so...

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

It just seems more and more people are upset over this awards thing, both the skating community and the skating fans... 

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

Awesome

With Nathan as a nominee, looks like i have a different definition of "most valuable" from ISU's. 

Actually I'm thinking it may be good to watch the award show. Always good to see with my own eyes so that I can judge how nonsensical it will be which means I will never ever be tempted to buy any all-event ticket that comes with another ISU award show in future. Better let them earn any advertising fees than spending actual own's savings on them. 

Well, actually Worlds Montreal already taught me never to buy all-event ticket.... :doh:

That is, if I remember the date. Not gonna schedule it on calendar. 

7 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

With Nathan as a nominee, looks like i have a different definition of "most valuable" from ISU's. 

Actually I'm thinking it may be good to watch the award show. Always good to see with my own eyes so that I can judge how nonsensical it will be which means I will never ever be tempted to buy any all-event ticket that comes with another ISU award show in future. Better let them earn any advertising fees than spending actual own's savings on them. 

Well, actually Worlds Montreal already taught me never to buy all-event ticket.... :doh:

That is, if I remember the date. Not gonna schedule it on calendar. 

yup, never buying an all event ticket with "gala" again.

Since it is really a farce and we, as well as the ISU, know it. Why not have 5 or 6 nominees in the short list to include more fan favourites (and pairs). This way they can at least make some fans excited that their favourites are nominated.

The ISU are so incompetent, they don't even know how to lie convincingly :facepalm:

If we dismiss the opinion about who should be Skater of the year, I can agree about MVS, I think the name was taken from NHL, but it's a team sport. Though I find it funny that even Hersh thinks Yuzu should be MVS (he should be it every year, really)