Strategy talk again! :7562096:

Patrick: After looking at PChan's SP and FS layout, right now, I think the 4F might not be a go (of course it's still early and we don't know how training is going). Here's why I think so... Right now, while his chances to podium at Pyeongchang aren't 0, with a significantly lower BV than the rest of the top 6 men, he would have to be absolutely clean - something that I'm not expecting from any of the men given the VERY early schedule for the men's competition. Meanwhile, if you look at the team event, Canada seems to have the best chance right now of taking team Gold - provided Patrick skates both for the SP and FS but that would prolly leave him tired for the individual competitions.

Shoma: I haven't seen the 4S but I'm hoping he'll bring this one instead of the Lutz mainly because he seems to have less technical issues with his edge jump compared to his toe jumps. But then again, it's one video (that I can't seem to watch). What he'll end up doing will probably depend on what others are doing because he seems to be a bit reactive when it comes to strategies.  /Am I the only one a bit creeped out with the livestream of Shoma's practice that Glacier posts? Feels a bit... stalkerish or voyeuristic/

No new news from the other top 6 men. /Nathan please announce your program - thanks!/

Question, what time slot are the men skating at? I recall someone posted the exact schedule, but I thought the men were skating at 2 or 3 pm? 

Also find the live stream a bit much....it already led to enough fights already, chiefly involving one particular troll....

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Question, what time slot are the men skating at? I recall someone posted the exact schedule, but I thought the men were skating at 2 or 3 pm? 

For Pyeongchang? the mens singles events are at 10am KST - 14:40 KST

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Patrick: After looking at PChan's SP and FS layout, right now, I think the 4F might not be a go (of course it's still early and we don't know how training is going). Here's why I think so... Right now, while his chances to podium at Pyeongchang aren't 0, with a significantly lower BV than the rest of the top 6 men, he would have to be absolutely clean - something that I'm not expecting from any of the men given the VERY early schedule for the men's competition. Meanwhile, if you look at the team event, Canada seems to have the best chance right now of taking team Gold - provided Patrick skates both for the SP and FS but that would prolly leave him tired for the individual competitions.

Shoma: I haven't seen the 4S but I'm hoping he'll bring this one instead of the Lutz mainly because he seems to have less technical issues with his edge jump compared to his toe jumps. But then again, it's one video (that I can't seem to watch). What he'll end up doing will probably depend on what others are doing because he seems to be a bit reactive when it comes to strategies.  /Am I the only one a bit creeped out with the livestream of Shoma's practice that Glacier posts? Feels a bit... stalkerish or voyeuristic/

No new news from the other top 6 men. /Nathan please announce your program - thanks!/

Maybe Patrick is gunning for a team gold medal? That's more likely to be his first OGM.

And I agree about Shoma. It seems a little hasty to be adding 4Lz when his edges are not fixed yet.

I want to know Boyang's FS as well...why so secretive? 

11 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Here you go,  this is the link that was shared on GS with Shoma jumping a 4Sal: 

It looks pretty good! I'd look forward seeing this new quad finding it's place into his programs next season. His strength clearly are his edge jumps!

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

Energy drink of some sort? Seems more likely to me. 

How do you survive ...no food...Practice practice practice in the morning ...Then still no food...Then anxious to wait for competition..Then compete...

I would be angry...lol

Then press...Then dinner? Then practice practice practice...FS starts...

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

Energy drink of some sort? Seems more likely to me. 

No food from morning to 2 pm? That's bad. He won't skate with energy in his body. He should eat something in the morning, soon, when he wakes up, and then maybe he can drink the energy drink a couple of hours before skating. The kind of energy drink that actually contains calories and not only vitamins. 

Well, I don't think I should worry though. He gets the help from nutritionists so I have no doubt he will eat something that morning. 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

No food from morning to 2 pm? That's bad. He won't skate with energy in his body. He should eat something in the morning, soon, when he wakes up, and then maybe he can drink the energy drink a couple of hours before skating. The kind of energy drink that actually contains calories and not only vitamins. 

Well, I don't think I should worry though. He gets the help from nutritionists so I have no doubt he will eat something that morning. 

I meant more those sports liquid meal supplements really that are truly a mix of all sorts of things (protein and carbohydrate, fat and fibre, depending on what you use/need) but yes, he has his own team so am sure they'll work it out!

7 минут назад, Murieleirum сказал:

Yeah, and men's events in Helsinki was already early, so will be men's competition at CoR, so I think Yuzu will know what's best for him.

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I meant more those sports liquid meal supplements really that are truly a mix of all sorts of things (protein and carbohydrate, fat and fibre, depending on what you use/need) but yes, he has his own team so am sure they'll work it out!

Yeah, sometimes I get paranoid about him getting fed enough but those kind of drinks would be perfect! Gives energy and it's quite easy to digest.

With anxiety, and kind of food can become a problem and cause an upset stomach... especially fruit, lol! 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yeah, sometimes I get paranoid about him getting fed enough but those kind of drinks would be perfect! Gives energy and it's quite easy to digest.

With anxiety, and kind of food can become a problem and cause an upset stomach... especially fruit, lol! 

Yes, the easy to digest part is what I was first thinking of there. I know an athlete who swears by them for that reason, it is super easy on the stomach, there's no feeling of fullness or heaviness, yet you get all you need. I just call them energy drinks because I am lazy :laughing: