12 minutes ago, meoima said:

Yeah, that's why it's a bit too much to take it as the team want to fool people. Why would they think of some unrealistic layout that doesn't follow the rules at all? So people laugh at them? Who would they want to fool? Skating people practically knows it's a wrong layout, because they skate themselves. Even judges who don't skate know it's wrong layout. Who would take it seriously and panic?

Mostly just people who don't understand skating. 

You're right, I just found it amusing to think Nathan was trolling people with that impossible layout but it seems dumb in retrospect. 

However, doing 4Lo at his first competition is a smart strategy. Because introducing the 4Lo only makes sense if it's to eventually do 7 quads, no matter how much they're 'ah that's crazy' and 'we'll see'. It's going to get that USA media tongue wagging all season, that's for sure. And for starters we have the icenetwork article with Max Aaron doing good PR work on Nathan and even his 4Lz4T! 

1 minute ago, meoima said:

Gracie is a nice girl and I've always liked her. But my friend who first saw her at Sochi also disliked her a lot. Now she forgot Gracie already.

Yeah they didn't really make her very likeable, always harping on her Hollywood looks, beautiful blonde hair, amazing talent and technique, gorgeous smile, beautiful dresses, wonderful presentation, etc. etc. etc. 

But she's actually a nice girl who works really hard but has a tough time with nerves under the lights, trains with her bff her twin sister, etc. but ofc they didn't talk about that until way after Sochi.

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

You're right, I just found it amusing to think Nathan was trolling people with that impossible layout but it seems dumb in retrospect. 

However, doing 4Lo at his first competition is a smart strategy. Because introducing the 4Lo only makes sense if it's to eventually do 7 quads, no matter how much they're 'ah that's crazy' and 'we'll see'. It's going to get that USA media tongue wagging all season, that's for sure. And for starters we have the icenetwork article with Max Aaron doing good PR work on Nathan and even his 4Lz4T! 

Well no one is stronger than USA when it comes to PR.

Shoma did 4lo, 4s, 3a3t // 4F, 4t2t, 4tm 3a-lo-3f, 3s

TES: 122 PCS: 92.10 = 214.97 Total of 319.84

lmao the scoring here is wild. There was a step-out of the 4lo and, like with the SP, theres room to grow in choreography/interpretation but there's moments I liked. TBH I find his FS boring and flat as of right now and wish he had gone with something else.

5 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

TBH I find his FS boring and flat as of right now and wish he had gone with something else.

Same thinking here! Loco was such a dynamic music, while this warhorse is very flat, so it needs a wilder interpretation, which is gonna be a big challenge for Shoma. 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Same thinking here! Loco was such a dynamic music, while this warhorse is very flat, so it needs a wilder interpretation, which is gonna be a big challenge for Shoma. 

I think he's capable of branching out he just went very safe. tbh I wouldn't have minded him keeping Loco but I really wish he hadn't gone back to Turandot. Other than so many others doing the same music it's just super uninteresting outside the jumps, the stsq (i guess) and the cantilever being held longer than his loco cantilever. It might grow on me as he builds on his performance of it but I've been meh about it since he announced it.

I find it a little off his TR score was a fraction higher than Jason's, but Jason had no quads so i guess than means he was doomed to get boned in PCS.