6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I do not think I can explain to you adequately how I feel about the 2nd Chopin spin. His hands just ... guh. There are no adequate words. In general I think that spins these days are something to do, check the box and that's it. Apart from Deniss, it's really difficult for me to think of a guy right now who has such detail and natural expression during the spins. And Yuzuru's hands ... well, yes. Guh!

Deniss :heart: I'm disappointed though - Jason? Yata, where is that half of your brain? :laughing: Point overall stands though, spins are rather a "nobody cares, just do it somehow" thing, and spin GOE overall are the ones I understand the least. It's a shame, honestly, as I don't think the audience agrees. In Helsinki people went wild for some of Jasons, Deniss' & Yuzus spins.

To a lesser extent, I also like Mikas. And of course, there are guys like MCM.

(Josh, come baaaaaaaaaack!*insert begging smily here*)

3 minutes ago, Joey said:

Deniss :heart: I'm disappointed though - Jason? Yata, where is that half of your brain? :laughing: Point overall stands though, spins are rather a "nobody cares, just do it somehow" thing, and spin GOE overall are the ones I understand the least. It's a shame, honestly, as I don't think the audience agrees. In Helsinki people went wild for some of Jasons, Deniss' & Yuzus spins.

To a lesser extent, I also like Mikas. And of course, there are guys like MCM.

(Josh, come baaaaaaaaaack!*insert begging smily here*)

I actually legitimately, completely forgot him. And the man's my second favorite skater. *curls into a ball and hides in shame* I think my brain took a vacation or something. 

But yes, it truly drives me bonkers! I think the audience loves a good spin and loves the details and originality. There really is mad applause every time those three do something. It's such a shame they don't think about rethinking that one, so as to nudge peeps into giving it more thought. Yuzuru goes to such details that it is truly a complete work of art by the time he's done ... and provided he's not contemplating layouts while doing them!
And yes, Mika's are good too but Russian school perhaps, not so odd!

(I heard Josh's already had some health problems, rotten thing, we haven't even hit the season properly though technically I guess it has started)

10 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I actually legitimately, completely forgot him. And the man's my second favorite skater. *curls into a ball and hides in shame* I think my brain took a vacation or something. 

But yes, it truly drives me bonkers! I think the audience loves a good spin and loves the details and originality. There really is mad applause every time those three do something. It's such a shame they don't think about rethinking that one, so as to nudge peeps into giving it more thought. Yuzuru goes to such details that it is truly a complete work of art by the time he's done ... and provided he's not contemplating layouts while doing them!
And yes, Mika's are good too but Russian school perhaps, not so odd!

(I heard Josh's already had some health problems, rotten thing, we haven't even hit the season properly though technically I guess it has started)

You are now sentenced to a dozen watches of Riverdance! :biggrin:

And isn't it even more amazing to know Yuzu is doing it for the art & feel of it, not the points? :heart:

Yes, health issues again already... which is why I'm so sad. He deserves to be healthy fro at least one season, one season for a change! He gave us this gem after all. One of my fave spins next to Yuzus sit spins (especially the LGC one!), Deniss' sit spin and Jasons, ehhh.... half Biellmann?

2 hours ago, Joey said:

You are now sentenced to a dozen watches of Riverdance! :biggrin:

And isn't it even more amazing to know Yuzu is doing it for the art & feel of it, not the points? :heart:

Yes, health issues again already... which is why I'm so sad. He deserves to be healthy fro at least one season, one season for a change! He gave us this gem after all. One of my fave spins next to Yuzus sit spins (especially the LGC one!), Deniss' sit spin and Jasons, ehhh.... half Biellmann?

I love Yuzu's sit spin in Lgc, especially the later ones when he added the fist pumps that match so well with the music, so pleasing to watch

23 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Honestly, I'm shocked that The Butt Spin has a name that isn't The Butt Spin. I would prefer it to not exist, myself. Hopefully he loses it as he works on "even more spin positions," bless his centrifugal heart.

Very eloquently put: "Gosh, I wish he would just not... That is... not... good."

22 hours ago, xeyra said:

I agree with the "Gosh, I wish he would just not... That is... not... good." sentiment on RJ1s A-spin. I don't particularly mind the spin if it's short (only 3 revolutions), but I don't really want to look at your butt for that long, Yuzu, especially when you were 17. :headdesk:

"Gosh, I wish he would just not... That is... not... good." and what above the position? Sorry I didn't get it...:xD: I know Yuzu was exhausted probably that time but somehow his slow spin was a big contrast to the next part which started from roar!:dpooh:

come on it is always fun to watch yuzu's butt. what am I talking about...

The spins of Deniss are great and no wonder because Stephane was one of the best spinners and still is. Don´t know is there any other coach than him who is able to skate the competitions programs of his pupil, maybe not the quads but everything else.

In Chopin3 I think it is good that the two spins are there in the middle of the program one after another. It like doubles the effect of his fast spinning and the breathtaking moves he makes with his hands. Still they remain clearly as two different elements as the first spin is a camel with some calm arm moves upwards and the second one sit spin with lots of different fiery hand moves.

One more thing, I don´t know where to put this question, maybe here better than to the other general thread. Does anyone know how many people work for Yuzu outside the Cricket club and is everything including his finance managed by the JSF or is it his private thing? Does Ms Shirota work in JSF or privatly for Yuzu? There is Mr Kikuchi and I believe his mother also works for him full time and is paid for that. Some people also give him advice, they were present in the meeting he had with Brian. Does anyone know who they are?

Just now, Lyyli said:

One more thing, I don´t know where to put this question, maybe here better than to the other general thread. Does anyone know how many people work for Yuzu outside the Cricket club and is everything including his finance managed by the JSF or is it his private thing? Does Ms Shirota work in JSF or privatly for Yuzu? There is Mr Kikuchi and I believe his mother also works for him full time and is paid for that. Some people also give him advice, they were present in the meeting he had with Brian. Does anyone know who they are?

I think they're paid by ANA, his main sponsor. 

1 hour ago, meoima said:

I think they're paid by ANA, his main sponsor. 

Thanks. I know the money comes from the sponsors and the advertisements etc.and it all probably goes straight to his bank account.  I guess I can´t explain this well enough in English but I mean does he have a kind of a company and is he the employer of Ms Shirota etc or is JSF involved in this all.

24 minutes ago, Lyyli said:

Thanks. I know the money comes from the sponsors and the advertisements etc.and it all probably goes straight to his bank account.  I guess I can´t explain this well enough in English but I mean does he have a kind of a company and is he the employer of Ms Shirota etc or is JSF involved in this all.

Also had this same question before, esp. as he isn't being managed by any agency. The speculation was his mom manages most of everything for him. But as to who else is in his "management" team and what each person's role is, I haven't found any info on this either. 

I wonder though, if ANA is listed as his skating club, this might mean they help manage things for him as well. But yeah, not really sure how things like this work. 

41 минуту назад, Lyyli сказал:

The spins of Deniss are great and no wonder because Stephane was one of the best spinners and still is. Don´t know is there any other coach than him who is able to skate the competitions programs of his pupil, maybe not the quads but everything else.

In Chopin3 I think it is good that the two spins are there in the middle of the program one after another. It like doubles the effect of his fast spinning and the breathtaking moves he makes with his hands. Still they remain clearly as two different elements as the first spin is a camel with some calm arm moves upwards and the second one sit spin with lots of different fiery hand moves.

Deniss had unique spins even in juniors, before he came to Stephan.

I love Yuzu's sit spins and how he uses his hands (caught my eyes from the start). I dunno can he change butt-spin and leg over head one into smth. and still get level 4.

6 hours ago, Lunna said:

Deniss had unique spins even in juniors, before he came to Stephan.

I love Yuzu's sit spins and how he uses his hands (caught my eyes from the start). I dunno can he change butt-spin and leg over head one into smth. and still get level 4.

Ha, yes, it's funny that. The spin most folks love is something Deniss had way before Lambiel but Steph being so well known for them, I guess it's not so odd. It is good for Deniss though, that he can refine under the guidance of the best.

About Yuzu, I think considering the season, I think such major changes unlikely. It's probably best to hold to tried and true, and not experiment as every point counts.

From what Patrick Chan did on today's FS at Onyx competition, he apparently is keeping the layout he did for Worlds and WTT.

4T3T 4S 3A1Lo3S // 4T 3A 3Lo(2T) 3F 3Lz (BV: 94.25)

The (2T) placement is not certain yet, since he did 3Lz2T at Worlds but 3Lo2T at Onyx, so it can vary on which jump it'll get attached. This is a layout without 4F. Whether he brings it in or not, we don't yet know based on his FS from today.

His SP was 4T3T 4S // 3A (BV: 48.05)

Note: It was a beautiful FS. You should check it out, I posted it to Team Canada thread.