1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

If he yolo's out a 4Lz without saying anyone anything... we will literally all die and then come back again

:laughing: Well it is Yuzuru....

But seriously, I think we'll see it introduced properly. It's too new for a YOLO. 

knowing him he'd go big and just do the you know what, the lz is too small potatoes ... I'm joking, I'm joking ... kinda .... :13877886:

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

:laughing: Well it is Yuzuru....

But seriously, I think we'll see it introduced properly. It's too new for a YOLO. 

knowing him he'd go big and just do the you know what, the lz is too small potatoes ... I'm joking, I'm joking ... kinda .... :13877886:

Might debut the 4Lz at the GPF then... just maybe. If he doesn't break world records without it before then xD 

49 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Might debut the 4Lz at the GPF then... just maybe. If he doesn't break world records without it before then xD 

It's really difficult to guess what he might be thinking but if he doesn't introduce it at the ACI (and I still think there's a chance he will), then I don't think it'll be the GPF but NHK, that is in Japan too but also gives him one competition before the GPF to try it out. GPF will be even more important this season for gaining momentum and riding that wave, so it seems risky for it to be the first try. And since after that there's just the Nats, then NHK seems also the latest possible option to me. Of course, Yuzuru being Yuzuru, who knows.

13 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

It's really difficult to guess what he might be thinking but if he doesn't introduce it at the ACI (and I still think there's a chance he will), then I don't think it'll be the GPF but NHK, that is in Japan too but also gives him one competition before the GPF to try it out. GPF will be even more important this season for gaining momentum and riding that wave, so it seems risky for it to be the first try. And since after that there's just the Nats, then NHK seems also the latest possible option to me. Of course, Yuzuru being Yuzuru, who knows.

The closest thing to his mindset I can come up with is... "Let me get comfortable and win a couple of gold medals with a 5 quad program... and then I'll bring in the 4Lz to completely destroy the remains of the competition I had left" :laughing:

So, at around 12:20 in this video,  this Japanese news show seems to imply Boyang Jin will be doing 6 quads like Nathan. This hasn't actually been something I've calculated in my previous BV assessments but I've come up with a couple of 6-quad layouts for Boyang (only one of which is actually worth it over a 5-quad layout). These are, as usual, just me playing around with potential layouts, and there's no confirmation that I know of that Boyang is even considering 6 quads.

Note: According to the China open test day, Boyang kept the same layout for his SP as the previous season. If that'll change later we'll have to see. 

JIN 51.33 4Lz3T 3A // 4T 110.78 4Lz3T 4S 4Lo // 4T2T 4T 3A1Lo3S 3A 3Lz 162.11
      112.98 4Lz 4Lo 4S3T // 4T2T 4S 3A1Lo3S 4T 3Lz

114.10 4Lz3T 4Lo 4Lz // 4T2T 4S 3A1Lo3S 3A 3Lz 165.43
      116.08 4Lz3T 4Lo 4Lz // 4T2T 4S 4T 3A1Lo3S 3Lz 167.41

18 hours ago, xeyra said:

So, at around 12:20 in this video,  this Japanese news show seems to imply Boyang Jin will be doing 6 quads like Nathan.

I saw this and it made me scratch my head. Do we know what the source of this is? I've only seen it at that one place and it seems somewhat ... unlikely? I mean I understand the potential strategy, and he has the 4Lo, but he had issues when he tried the five once, to jump from 4 to 6 seems a bit too much. 

19 hours ago, robin said:

Btw, has anyone noticed any new spin variations in the OP videos?

For now nothing, just a hand position variation in the last sit spin of Seimei. But since that's the only spin we saw of the LP, he might be keeping something up his sleeve! 

8 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

For now nothing, just a hand position variation in the last sit spin of Seimei. But since that's the only spin we saw of the LP, he might be keeping something up his sleeve! 

Hopefully, he even mentioned he spins there in one of the questions so fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

That's also the only thing I noticed! Hope there's a few more surprises :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

4 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

I saw this and it made me scratch my head. Do we know what the source of this is? I've only seen it at that one place and it seems somewhat ... unlikely? I mean I understand the potential strategy, and he has the 4Lo, but he had issues when he tried the five once, to jump from 4 to 6 seems a bit too much. 

Everyone's wondering the same thing.

Yeah so far it doesn't seem Boyang and his team have revealed anything of their plans for this season, except for his music choices (maybe Chinese fans may know more though?).

According to the tweet below, Japanese media may have only been speculating. Though nobody's really sure if they have a basis for their speculation.

1 minute ago, Eclair said:

As far as I know Boyang has said that he'll maybe add one  quad, which would make it five. I Never heard him or his team speaking of 6 quads and I follow Boyang pretty closely :biggrin:

I think JP TV just decided to speculate without any basis about Boyang's plans, due to Nathan saying he's doing 6 quads, which is no surprise at all considering he was already planning to do so (and did do so, though he fell on two) at Worlds. So JP media is just trigger happy for quads.