The other applications were Norwood/USA and Debrecen/Hungary. I guess the ISU chose the safest option because Turin already organised GPF in 2019. They probably didn't want a second event in the US and they were unsure about Hungary because all bigger competitions there are in the capital (Budapest Trophy, Santa Claus Cup, Christmas Cup) while there are less events in Debrecen. The 2016 Junior Worlds were in Debrecen (I was there and I liked that competition).

“Following the cancellation of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Cup of China, the International Skating Union is pleased to announce that the third event of the Series will be hosted on November 4-7, 2021 in Torino (ITA).”

https://www.isu.org/isu-news/news/125-grand-prix-news/13656-third-isu-grand-prix-of-figure-skating-event-moves-from-chongqing-chn-to-torino-ita?templateParam=15

For those who care, more skaters have announced their withdrawals from Flop!ACI

In ice dance: 

Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron

Lilah Fear / Lewis Gibson

Current state: 9 pairs from 5 countries are left

In women: 

- Satoko Miyahara 

Current state: 13 skaters from 7 countries are left

In men: *Drums roll*

- Donovan Carillo

Current state: 4 skaters from 2 countries are left. Might as well get all of them on the podium or cancel the men's event already 😂

China has cancelled Four Continents 2022 

https://isu.org/figure-skating/news/news-fsk/13668-isu-four-continents-figure-skating-championships-2022-tianjin-china-cancellation-relocation?templateParam=15

The ISU was informed by the Chinese Figure Skating Association (CFSA) of the cancellation of the ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, that was scheduled to take place from January 17 – 22, 2022 in Tianjin (CHN).

Unfortunately, considering the complicated epidemic situation involving travel restrictions, quarantine requirements, safety concerns and logistical challenges, the organization of the event was extremely challenging. The CFSA, the Local Organizing Committee and Tianjin Municipal Government tried their best to find solutions but ultimately concluded that, regrettably, they are unable to organize and hold the 2022 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships. 

The ISU regrets that the hosting of these Championships is no longer possible in Tianjin and thanks the Chinese Figure Skating Association for their efforts and cooperation.

In order to maintain the Event and allow the Figure Skaters of the Four Continents ISU Members to compete in this Continental Championships, the ISU invited interested ISU Members to send applications to host the Event on the originally planned date (January 17 – 22, 2022).  

Considering the applications received, the ISU Council will take a decision during its forthcoming meeting on October 1, 2021.

really curious to see how they'll be carrying on Asian Throphy... it should give us an idea of what to expect for OWG in terms of covid prevention measures... but thus far we don't even know all the names of the skaters who'll be there:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

Say, if the US gets the slot,...

4CC is just some weeks away from the Olys. If China doesn't loosen up the quarantine requirements by then, that might as well be a disaster, if not Mission Impossible schedule-wise, unless the 4CC team is completely different from the Olys team.

5 hours ago, LadyLou said:

really curious to see how they'll be carrying on Asian Throphy... it should give us an idea of what to expect for OWG in terms of covid prevention measures... but thus far we don't even know all the names of the skaters who'll be there:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

That might give us a rough idea. 

Again, the problem is that China is flexible in terms of Covid prevention. Who knows, they might cancel the Asian Trophy and pull another Tokyo on Beijing if it gets too bad. China might not want to be as lenient as Japan when it comes to things like this.  

Entry lists for Finlandia Trophy,  just wow! No Japanese skaters as expected.

Recently they announced adding one extra competition day and now I see why they did that. Plus they can sell more tickets now that our covid situation seems to be better. Men and pairs are thursday and friday, women and dance saturday and sunday. 

I don't think I've seen this shared here, an article on a dinasty of FS US judges that gave us the unfamous Lorrie Parker and apparently a Peggy Graham who was part of the awful WC21 Ladies' panel (and might be in Beijing panel, where I'm sure she'd do her best to finish what her cousin Lorrie started in PyeongChang).

direct link to the article here:

https://www.usfigureskating.org/news/article/graham-familys-skating-legacy-continues-flourish?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-usfigureskating&utm_content=later-20615874&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio

it's a very well-researched article, a walk down memory lane through decades of the sport... and also offers a glimpse into how the likes of Lorrie Parker are produced and nurtured, sent to Olys and then rewarded for their unvaluable service (to USFSA).

Looking at all the nepotism in Russian skating too, I suspect that dynasties such as the Grahams' aren't uncommon in other countries too... ETA: there's actually a an example in Italy too, with Sonia Bianchetti and son