Whole may was so calm. I know it's off-season, but even last year summer was less peaceful. Feels like univers is preparing us for the moment when ISU will approve that protocols will be announced days after competition.😩

9 hours ago, Paskud said:

Whole may was so calm. I know it's off-season, but even last year summer was less peaceful. Feels like univers is preparing us for the moment when ISU will approve that protocols will be announced days after competition.😩

They are going to Thailand for a well-deserved vacation meeting, so enjoy peace while it lasts :gla:

Also, Russian skaters are on vacation...

There’s some interesting talk here, with Patrick Chan and Kirsten Moore-Towers supporting Naomi Osaka’s refusal to take part in press-conferences and her withdrawal from the French Open. 
https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/athletes-osaka-s-withdrawal-raises-important-questions-on-media-and-mental-health-1.5454790?fbclid=IwAR3TGaOjz-ckMKGf8Cz0z7-Z24L2P39Oxtfoj3Df-_OpkuTlXu8CRmzJSak

I’ll provide some quotes from there: 

“In figure skating, you've never felt so exposed in your life as when you're on the ice," Chan said. "And then when you get off the ice, it's your voice, and it's a very vulnerable time to have to explain your actions after such a short period of time to absorb it, and understand what happened and process it yourself. And while you're processing it, you're being asked to make statements and explain.

"It always felt unnatural to me, whether it's a good performance or bad performance, you're quickly taken out of that experience, your moment of celebration or moment of disappointment, and thrust into the limelight of like 'OK, what happened?" I actually don't know, I need time here."

<…>

Chan, who was always gracious with the media, said underage athletes in particular, of which there are many in figure skating, should have a say in whether they do interviews. The hard line Roland Garros organizers reminded Chan of the International Skating Union.

"You feel so powerless as an athlete. They're a multi-million dollar organization, and it shocks me that they just treat their athletes, who are their source of income, like pawns," Chan said.

Chan said he struggled with bouts of depression and anxiety while competing, and even still now while he's navigating post-competitive life of "not being Patrick Chan, the figure skater anymore." He was a nervous competitor, he said, who was easily distracted by his surroundings.

"If I could start it all over again, I would have implemented a sports psychologist much sooner in my career -- way, way sooner -- just to understand how my mind works, because each person is so different and we have such different personalities," said Chan.

So I don't know if anyone's been on Twitter today but Kaitlyn Weaver, Paul Poirier, and Jason Brown all gave interviews/released statements for Pride month, and also came out.  Paul gave a very thoughtful interview indeed: 

https://glory.media/paul-poirier-on-pride-progress-and-the-next-generation-of-queer-athletes/

Kaitlyn:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figureskating/kaitlyn-weaver-hopes-her-coming-out-story-finally-breaks-figure-skating-s-female-archetype-1.6061918

Jason:

Jason's statement is interesting because it speaks to what kind of experience someone can have when surrounded by an accepting family and a supportive environment. 

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

Pierrefonds to hold ACI. 

Has there been any comps here as of late? It sounds very unfamiliar to me.

Also, is it close to Toronto? 

(Hi! I'm new here :wave:)

Pierrefonds is actually a suburb of Montreal so it's about a 6h drive from Toronto.

Sportplexe seems to be a big place with many ice rinks (at least 4) so it's a good venue to hold international competitions I think. 

I have a practice there next Sunday so maybe I'll learn more by then.

4 hours ago, Pancake said:

(Hi! I'm new here :wave:)

Pierrefonds is actually a suburb of Montreal so it's about a 6h drive from Toronto.

Sportplexe seems to be a big place with many ice rinks (at least 4) so it's a good venue to hold international competitions I think. 

I have a practice there next Sunday so maybe I'll learn more by then.

Welcome, @Pancake:puddingpooh: