59 minutes ago, Melodie said:

EyNCYkdVEAAnCOr?format=jpg&name=large

EyNCYkdVIAAhlKS?format=jpg&name=large

Credit: @corszk1220 on Twitter

It's interesting to see how different skaters position their arms and hands during jumps. I chuckled at Boyang's Rock-Paper-Scissor and Mikhail's pinky out :grin:

yeah i've noticed that yuzu's elbows stick out quite a lot. I feel like he's not actually as tight in the air as some other skaters, tho I bet pulling them in would feel weird though...

42 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

yeah i've noticed that yuzu's elbows stick out quite a lot. I feel like he's not actually as tight in the air as some other skaters, tho I bet pulling them in would feel weird though...

True, but IMO this year he has been pulling his arms a lot closer to his torso while jumping. But anyway, based on these photos, Anna, Nate, Wakaba and Mikhail (aside from his pinky LOL) seem to be in one group while Yuzu, Shoma, Satoko and Boyang in the others when it comes to positioning mid-air (although I still have NO idea what is the purpose of doing rock—paper-scissor LOL)

The international triathlon competition for the Tokyo Olympics, which was scheduled to be held in Osaka next month, has been canceled due to the effects of the new coronavirus.

The cancellation was the Triathlon World Cup, which was scheduled to take place around Osaka Castle Park in Osaka City on the 8th of next month.

According to the Japan Triathlon Union, we have been taking measures against the new coronavirus for the tournament, but we cannot meet the conditions for thorough isolation from the general public required by the country at hotels where related parties are staying. As a result, he gave up accepting overseas players and decided to cancel.

This tournament was one of the important tournaments to determine the ranking related to the qualifications for the Tokyo Olympics, and 130 men and women from 30 countries were scheduled to participate.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20210405/k10012957991000.html

Osaka has officially entered SoE. The ISU has previously stated that the conditions for WTT to be held would depend on whether SoE is lifted. I guess we will know what these mean after the ISU meeting scheduled for April 8. 

PS: It seems Team USA plans to depart on April 11 for Japan. 

12 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

What's the point of having a SOE if foreigners come in without quarantine and perform in an arena *with audience*?

I mean, not even local residents are encouraged to go out for non-essential purposes...

Unless this comp is considered essential...

On 4/5/2021 at 10:29 PM, yuzuangel said:

On 4/5/2021 at 11:18 PM, Melodie said:

True, but IMO this year he has been pulling his arms a lot closer to his torso while jumping. But anyway, based on these photos, Anna, Nate, Wakaba and Mikhail (aside from his pinky LOL) seem to be in one group while Yuzu, Shoma, Satoko and Boyang in the others when it comes to positioning mid-air (although I still have NO idea what is the purpose of doing rock—paper-scissor LOL)

That's why some people say Yuzu can rotate more since he doesn't tug his arms in when rotating. He is likely able to turn more than others if he can further tug his arm in (that's what I recall hearing on a Japanese news). 

I did not notice if he pulled his arms closer this year (I'm not a good observer) but if so, could it be a side effect of 4A training? 

I kind of just come into Planet multiple time today just to see if there is news of WTT cancellation. They have to decide within these 2 days? And if they continue, how can they allow audience? Right, sucking their money is essential... 

3 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

That's why some people say Yuzu can rotate more since he doesn't tug his arms in when rotating. He is likely able to turn more than others if he can further tug his arm in (that's what I recall hearing on a Japanese news). 

I did not notice if he pulled his arms closer this year (I'm not a good observer) but if so, could it be a side effect of 4A training? 

I kind of just come into Planet multiple time today just to see if there is news of WTT cancellation. They have to decide within these 2 days? And if they continue, how can they allow audience? Right, sucking their money is essential... 

I do believe it is a side effect of training the 4A, but also of the quints (I think we all want to not remember that he has notjust one, but two quintuple jumps in his pockets :Poohgaveup:). As for his arms, I think there was a video comparing his jumps at 4CC and JNats. Clearly he tucked his arms in a lot tighter at the latter comps. 

Now, for the cursed event, if we go by the ISU's words then it should be cancelled, what's with SOE and everything. HOWEVER, with more stuff coming out, from promos to plans for live viewing across 36 cities that include Osaka and Tokyo, I don't know :Poohgaveup:

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

I wonder how many not-well-prepared, desperate 3a/quad attempts we will see in ladies next season because of Olympics.:tif:

My bet? Double the number we have now, particularly because wrong edges, excessively prerotated jumps and manipulation of evaluation for UR have already become common. In other words, the weather is nice today, just enjoy the circus as it is :meditationf: