44 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I'm curious how it'll affect scores if top skaters will skate in the first group of the free skaters/free dances

I think it means that last person after SP will skate first in FP, second to last will skate second and so on. So TOP 6 after SP will still skate in last group. To avoid FP draw and unnecesarry gathering. Just like in all competitions this season.

[NEWS]

why not just random order? reverse order doesn't sound like it will hugely help.

also going ahead with nebelhorn trophy as the qualifier...and worlds placements to determine beijing spots :cry: it's gonna be so unfair to skaters who haven't had the chance to compete/train...

welp, no wonder Yuzu knows he needs to go to nationals.

21 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I think it means that last person after SP will skate first in FP, second to last will skate second and so on. So TOP 6 after SP will still skate in last group. To avoid FP draw and unnecesarry gathering. Just like in all competitions this season.

Oh I see, it does make sense.

9 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

[NEWS]

why not just random order? reverse order doesn't sound like it will hugely help.

also going ahead with nebelhorn trophy as the qualifier...and worlds placements to determine beijing spots :cry: it's gonna be so unfair to skaters who haven't had the chance to compete/train...

welp, no wonder Yuzu knows he needs to go to nationals.

Someone needs to decide about the order then I think

6 hours ago, Lunna said:

It's just before GP season, like most of the Challenger series.

Yeah I know that. What I want to know is why it was suddenly decided to make it the final opportunity to qualify for Olympics when it's six months away and there's a whole GP season in between

15 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Yeah I know that. What I want to know is why it was suddenly decided to make it the final opportunity to qualify for Olympics when it's six months away and there's a whole GP season in between

It wasn't suddenly, it was always like this, so just nothing new. There's almost no challengers later and those that are correspondent with GP events. And usually only small feds compete for these last spots, so it's not like ISU care much.

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

It wasn't suddenly, it was always like this, so just nothing new. There's almost no challengers later and those that are correspondent with GP events. And usually only small feds compete for these last spots, so it's not like ISU care much.

So basically nothing's going to change from now until the Olympics unless Worlds gets held in March

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

oof

Not surprising when Russia's official position on doping in sports is "Why are you picking on us? Everyone else is doing it anyway, why can't we?"

They do their good athletes a massive disservice. they have so many good athletes who don't need doping to win, so why wreck it for them by routinely doping? 

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking over the (probably bogus?) call on Yuzuru Hanyu's spin at SP, and "no-calls" for other skaters with faulty elements; and Yuzuru Hanyu's graduation thesis.

And the same sort of mess going on in Russia.

Could such a system as the one he's proposing in his thesis, be implemented internally by a federation for its national/regional championships, without incurring official blame and/or unofficial retaliation by ISU? Introducing it for instance, as a smaller scale experiment to give ISU more stuff to decide accurately.

Being French, I wonder what would happen for instance if a regional federation in France, if there is indeed a regional federation now free from the Gailhaguet-system influence, would decide to implement such a system for their own championships.

• 2 weeks later...