6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Team Men SP is on my 49th birthday. Would be nice to be there, but not sure if I can. We'll see how things go. 

Ooh, our birthdates are just different by a few days. I hope to go too but will have to see how the pandemic plays out. 2022 seems far but more than half a year has gone and there is no improvement this year. I kinda resign myself to the fact that travelling may not be possible for the next 2 years... 

19 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Ooh, our birthdates are just different by a few days. I hope to go too but will have to see how the pandemic plays out. 2022 seems far but more than half a year has gone and there is no improvement this year. I kinda resign myself to the fact that travelling may not be possible for the next 2 years... 

:consoling2: no traveling is both a blessing and a curse for me. i can only hope that after all this, i'll have saved up so many vacation days that i can go to all the yuzu competitions... (without having to pretend to be sick :smiley-music025:)

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

:consoling2: no traveling is both a blessing and a curse for me. i can only hope that after all this, i'll have saved up so many vacation days that i can go to all the yuzu competitions... (without having to pretend to be sick :smiley-music025:)

And we'll all have enough money saved, because who's  spending these days? :shrug:

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Will you be able to roll over your unused leaves for many years? i can only bring forward 7 days to next year so... but it was only last year that I negotiated for more annual leaves and now... they are of no use. I will forever be grateful that we still get to fly for 4CC this year. 

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And we'll all have enough money saved, because who's  spending these days? :shrug:

Well... I’m not so sure... I was playing with t-mall and apparently a watch is now on it’s way to me. I’m still sceptical the order went true. I shall believe when I see the actual goods delivered. 

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

...as in... the watch? Designed by Yuzu?

I like the emphasis on "the" watch like we all know what that is. There was a 3rd sale on 11.11. Was just testing my luck and I'm surprised my order went through. I shall see when it arrives. It's apparently sent by sea shipment. I'm not confident with the watch arriving intact LOL (also bye money)

1 hour ago, river said:

And then the gala is on the 20th - that's a lot of time to ask off from work.

Hopefully we can all travel by then, and we can get tickets!

And hopefully China will let us in! Not exactly  a guarantee these days for Canadians.

12 hours ago, Melodie said:

Technical question: can a jump marked as “q” be ratified?

good question. i would really hope not. :/ cuz it's like an asterisk saying the jump wasn't completed correctly, right? but then again they ratified some really bad jumps (*cough* brandon mroz 4lz). plus nowadays the tech/judging panels are all skewed so it should not count just like WR, SB, PB, etc. IMO.

i don't get why they go in and ratify jumps done at non-ISU-sanctioned competitions (this includes Shoma's 4F). Seems unnecessary...

On 11/20/2020 at 12:24 AM, yumeaki said:

Will you be able to roll over your unused leaves for many years? i can only bring forward 7 days to next year so... but it was only last year that I negotiated for more annual leaves and now... they are of no use. I will forever be grateful that we still get to fly for 4CC this year. 

i just started a new job so i am only just starting to save! i can roll over 15 days at the end of every year. and if beijing happens i feel like it would be best to visit for at least 2-3 weeks? olympics are pretty special and it would be nice to see the host city too.

it might be a stretch not to use any vacation days for a whole year, but i'm lucky enough to be able to work from home, so it feels like a waste to be using them when i can save them up for when competitions ultimately resume...