1 hour ago, lynnidolz said:

Yes exactly my thought.Now that the test event for Beijing is out of the way why they are still insisting on having GPF?Its not a normal grand prix series anyway.I get it that they still continue on with some grand prix  in some country albeit its more of a mini nationals for giving skater chances to compete..eventhough i still think its unnecessary in time of this pandemic.Now what are the reasons for holding GPF? I think its just the big fed(Russia and US) that insist on for their skater benefit.Like u said PR pre-Beijing.We know that Russia will want to promote their ladies and of course US same as like previous Olympic cycle is hellbent in promoting Nathan Chen for the olympic title

I'm guessing they still want the broadcast money. It's probably why they insist on calling this the Grand Prix Series even though it doesn't look anything like a real Grand Prix. I suspect it's because they have the contracts set for broadcasting the Grand Prix comps.

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

I'm guessing they still want the broadcast money. It's probably why they insist on calling this the Grand Prix Series even though it doesn't look anything like a real Grand Prix. I suspect it's because they have the contracts set for broadcasting the Grand Prix comps.

They dubbed them as Petit Prix in fsuniverse. 

Probably a bit early to discuss this but Beijing schedule was just released. 

Schedule for the Men's event looks pretty bad. Was it like this in Pyeongchang also? 

PS: I couldn't find it anymore but someone pointed out that all the events in which the US is more likely to medal are arranged to fit in prime time :think: Oh well....

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

Schedule for the Men's event looks pretty bad. Was it like this in Pyeongchang also? 

PS: I couldn't find it anymore but someone pointed out that all the events in which the US is more likely to medal are arranged to fit in prime time :think: Oh well....

Team Men SP is on my 49th birthday. Would be nice to be there, but not sure if I can. We'll see how things go. 

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

yikes :think: honestly i hope Yuzu doesn't do the team events, they're lame, but if he's not injured, he'll probably do the SP....

at least there's a day between the SP and FS. in PC, it was back to back. i don't think the time of day (morning) matters that much because most athletes will be coming from a completely different timezone anyway. some practices at the GPF started at like 7am. but i HAVE heard complaints about early competitions before, so...i guess it depends :panic:

also, lowkey freaking out how fast beijing is approaching. didn't pyeongchang JUST happen? :smiley-sad021:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Team Men SP is on my 49th birthday. Would be nice to be there, but not sure if I can. We'll see how things go. 

I would love to go too. But who knows what the state of the world will be like then. :/ Also as an American, not sure I'll be let in anywhere anytime soon :smiley-laughing021:

5 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

yikes :think: honestly i hope Yuzu doesn't do the team events, they're lame, but if he's not injured, he'll probably do the SP....

at least there's a day between the SP and FS. in PC, it was back to back. i don't think the time of day (morning) matters that much because most athletes will be coming from a completely different timezone anyway. some practices at the GPF started at like 7am. but i HAVE heard complaints about early competitions before, so...i guess it depends :panic:

also, lowkey freaking out how fast beijing is approaching. didn't pyeongchang JUST happen? :smiley-sad021:

I mean, practice is one thing, official comps are a different beast altogether. Isn't it very uncommon to have comps in the morning? Oh well, NBC poured billions into the Olympics, gotta satisfy them I guess...

Anyway, at least there is a day in between like you said, so that's good. 

PS: the ladies got the normal schedule, so heh

PS2: it is very courageous of you to say out loud that team events are lame...:grin:

16 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Although it is still way too early but happy birthday :cheer:

May your future birthday be full of joy (and things work in Yuzu's favor if he goes, no matter what)

18 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

but i HAVE heard complaints about early competitions before, so...i guess it depends :panic:

I would love to go too. But who knows what the state of the world will be like then. :/ Also as an American, not sure I'll be let in anywhere anytime soon :smiley-laughing021:

Well, there was Sochi...

Also, isn't the US going to release vaccines next month? Be confident :grin: