It’s a good thing we don’t have to get stressed about Yuzu skating/not skating in a GP event right now. 
The other event might well take place. Russia and the US don’t give a damn about COVID 19, the Japanese authorities sorta believe it’s not happening, China has got it under control. 

5 hours ago, Fay said:

IDF is cancelled 

honestly, good riddance!

The very idea of IdF happening made me so angry, so I'm glad finally someone (not ISU, obviously) got their good sense back

Now I won't have to worry about skaters crossing all over Europe (and an ocean) risking their health for a half-baked GP...

I'm not expecting any more cancellations. CoC is gonna be by far the safest event, and officially things in Japan aren't as bad as in France so I don't think that JSF is even imagining about cancelling NHK (though I hope they'd consider at least no audience). I never had much expectations about RC and Scam oops Skam.. they will also be the worst in terms of sh*t scoring anyway so I'm just gonna spare myself an headache and happily skip those two events entirely:shrug:

On 10/16/2020 at 7:02 PM, Paskud said:

Oh.... no...... Zuzu will have 4cc men gold curse for 2 years:59227c768286a__s:

DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THIS!:tumblr_inline_mh8pweVDqw1qid2nw: 

And the combo of SCgold&4CCgold resulted in an entire WC cancellation + SC2020 & 4CC21 cancellation, with a bonus of IDF cancellation... I declare that such an unprecedented amount of bad luck balances several SC&4CC golds :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

The ISU keeps amazing me at how tone-deaf they can be on SNS. (Not aimed at those particular skaters.)

I find a tremendous progress from the times when ISU's CoViD answer was to add an event allowing direct contact between the athletes and a thousand spectators for Worlds.

4 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I find a tremendous progress from the times when ISU's CoViD answer was to add an event allowing direct contact between the athletes and a thousand spectators for Worlds.

Well, I suppose going from 200 feet underground to only six feet underground is progress but buried is still buried so not really.

-________________-

Regarding the GP final, which is competing for the top of the series, an executive of the International Skating Union (ISU) said, "At the moment, we are working hard to hold the Beijing Olympics test tournament in late February next year."

The ISU was also considering increasing the number of participants in the GP final to 12 instead of the top 6 in the series for both men and women. However, due to the cancellation of the two tournaments, some players will not have any results in the first place.
While some players couldn't make it to the GP, how do you decide who will advance to the final while maintaining fairness? When asked to the executives, he said, "The ISU will decide how much GP results will be linked to the final appearance," and suggested that it may not be decided based on GP results alone.

https://www.jiji.com/jc/article?k=2020102101154&g=spo

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

I still have no ideas what that's supposed to mean :( If, say, a skater can enter the GPF based on criteria other than the GPs then why bother organizing the GPs in the first place? 

And, if the goal is only to test out for Beijing, just hold 4CC in Beijing instead (but then European skaters can't be there, so heh)

I swear, the ISU....