14 minutes ago, Katt said:

Wang/Liu have been in China since April.

my bad, I had seen their name in the that Gadbois special lineup and assumed that, like P/C and others, they had somehow relocated to Canada (and so I hereby reveal that I didn't watch the Gadbois special oops)

oh well, that's good then

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

Most Gadbois teams kicked out from Skate Canada.:roll:

HOLY SH*T KAO GOT NHK

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

KAO DON'T DISASTERULGSDJFVM

Junhwan at Skate Canada.:huh:

The heck? 

Did they just...not even bother to update from back in the summer? 

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

I guess that if Katya and Jun really want to be at SC it's about time they prepare their suitcases,paperwork&prayers.

....can't see how they're going to pull it off. 

Ladies' NHK and CoR are going to be bloodbaths. I begin to see the strategic wisdom behind Rika's choice to train in Switzerland, she'll be at IdF instead. 

And I expect Satoko can win that SCI field pretty easily. Makes it all the more painful that Zhenya's in Moscow and not Toronto... if she'd been here in Canada that probably would have been a sure win for her. 

I wouldn't call it GP Series, it's more like nationals with some other skaters who train in the country or are close to the country...Sigh...Yuzu made a very wise and mature decision when he dediced to skip the GP Series and stay out of this whole mess.

It's possible Junhwan and Katia Kurakova got an assignment based on where they usually train but they could withdraw if they can't go back (and chances of it looks really slim now). Katia could go to IdF if she stays in Poland though.

The fields are so uneven, Chinese or Canadian look so easy (or empty in CoC's case) while the Russian field is a bloodbath (not just in Ladies, Men also in comparison to Canada). I am sad Ksenia Sinitsyna won't be there at CoR but she looked so frail in the lastest photos I've seen of her...so it's not really a surprise :( 

I am sad we won't see the Korean ladies either, if Young is back to USA then she could've gone to SA for example. Part of me wishes some of them could have the chance to go to China but the likeliness of it is really practically zero. 

Yay for Kao at NHK and I wonder who the TBA spot in the ladies will be at NHK.

As for Rika, she's not planning to go back to Japan? I am curious what's going on with her and Hamada, who is still her coach at least officially.:scratch2:

I just really hope GPF will be cancelled altogether. IEverything will be uncertain and I'm not sure how could they organize it later (for example in January) if they still plan to do it in China. And if they make the decision after NHK it'll be even more unfair considering they'll have the results already.

Keegan getting Skate America instead of Skate Canada blows. I hope he'll be safe in Vegas. 

Otherwise, the men's field for Skate Canada might be quite interesting. To my mind Roman, Nam, and Jason are fairly evenly matched if they're all having a good day. And Conrad, Joseph, and Nicholas are also on par with each other. So it should be a battle. 

I doubt there'll be any surprises in the pairs, and ice dance will be another bloodbath. 

21 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I guess that if Katya and Jun really want to be at SC it's about time they prepare their suitcases,paperwork&prayers.

Wang/Liu will have to plan to go back to China with several weeks to spare, since they take it seriously with quarantinting.

Katia will compete at Soły Cup in Poland (October 2-4)

http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/2021/OSW1020/CAT002EN.HTM

Hopefully everyone stays healthy. :smiley-angelic001:

I hope everyone will be safe and that locals will pull the plug if it looks dodgy.  Perhaps the Nevada Gaming Board will prove a better guardian of the health of those concerned than various local and national politicians have proved to be worldwide.

With Rika in France, Satoko in Canada and a full list of Japanese ladies at NHK there must be an excellent chance of three Japanese ladies in the final if it ever actually gets off the ground.

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Panfilova/Rylov also have problems with health right now and somehow they got their assignment.

Sinitsyna is out of the Cup of Russia altogether, so I don’t think it’s quite an option.