Why can't they just cancel this grand prix..Just focus on domestic/national event instead.They can't even fill some of the event.What the point of naming this grand prix series.Might as well change it name to something else..and how come Jun hwan in skate canada.I thought he is in Korea and Canada border is closed that why Yuzu is still in Japan

38 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Anyway, cancel IdF. I don't want Rika in France right now.

Don't worry. First, French government communication is even more BS than American. And I'm weighing my words.(And sorry for being somehow political.) I watch only communications by real scientists and feel much easier. In fact it's now rather the same as in Switzerland. Plus, I really believe Grenoble community will do their best to ensure safety. Plus, Rika Kihira is a sensible young woman, she will be prudent.

So, Brendan Kerry will be able to compete, but not Donovan Carrillo.

I'm disappointed nor Canada nor China had the good sense to call it off (though it looks like China is truly doing 100% domestic), but not surprised.

LOL at the extremely unbalanced fields, as it was entirely predictable. hello Nats x100, I'm so looking forward to the absolute sh**show, but well, this is what this "sport" is now and not even a pandemic could put good sense into people's heads.

Also kinda LOL at criteria for "qualified" events

Bigger LOL at them not choosing selection criteria for "gpf". Selection criteria will be decided after NHK (the last stop). Wonderful. Exactly what I expect form a serious sports org //sarcasm

I guess that if Katya and Jun really want to be at SC it's about time they prepare their suitcases,paperwork&prayers.

Wang/Liu will have to plan to go back to China with several weeks to spare, since they take it seriously with quarantinting.

I don't think french skaters wanting to go back will have particular issues instead.

Not really surprised about Rika and Shoma, what kinda surprises me is that JSF is ok with not having either of the biggest names and current Champs at NHK. Maybe they think that their own strong fields + Dai can still draw enough attention (and they could be right), or maybe they don't want Rika and Shoma coachless for long. If all Jpn skaters abroad have only to go back for Nats, they might only need to come back in early December at the latest. Though last we heard from Rika, she still had Hamada as co-coach... I just wonder what kind of messed-up behind the-scenes is there in with Kandai, if she'd rather stay in Champery (and without even offical announcements about switching coaches).

But wait, KAO GOT AN ASSIGMENT TOO? :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Ok, that was unexpected and it's actually the one thing that gave me a spark of excitement.

Also, Stephen Gogolev got an assignment. Not surprising he's gonna be at SA, given where he trains

Anyway, why aren't UtaShin also training to go senior? True, they don't have much experience as a team and requirements for senior are different, and they are far from their TCC coaches, but... (ok ngl this is me dreaming they'd be ready for 2022OWG already)

11 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Hmm, is there any chance the Korean ladies can be assigned to CoC?

wodering about that. It's so weird not to see Korean skaters among entries (Jun Hwan aside).

Aside the skaters from host countries, the rest of assignments went... in very large majority... to european skaters. Expected, but...sad. Even more considering that all challengers happening right now are in Europe, with mostly european entries. Truly drives home the inequality of sources and opportunities in FS

13 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I guess that if Katya and Jun really want to be at SC it's about time they prepare their suitcases,paperwork&prayers.

Wang/Liu will have to plan to go back to China with several weeks to spare, since they take it seriously with quarantinting.

Wang/Liu have been in China since April. 

I dont know how Kurakova and Junhwan could get to Canada, especially Junhwan since its holiday in Korea at the moment. 

13 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Hmm, is there any chance the Korean ladies can be assigned to CoC?

They need some sort of special invitation from CSA to get visa, then at least 14 days quarantine, might be more since they would share the same ice with their national team.

Just now, Katt said:

Wang/Liu have been in China since April. 

I dont know how Kurakova and Junhwan could get to Canada, especially Junhwan since its holiday in Korea at the moment. 

They need some sort of special invitation from CSA to get visa, the at least 14 days quarantine, might be more since they would share the same ice with their national team.

Even if they can fly tomorrow, it is ridiculous to think they will have a 14 days quarantine then less than 2 weeks to recover their pre-quarantine level, all this for a trophy which will count in no World standing. I'm rather expecting a number of announcements of withdrawals.