On 9/8/2020 at 2:23 PM, Melodie said:

Or China. I mean, the list of European countries allowed to enter China is expanding. South Korea skaters may end up there too (if they are still in their country).

What I don't get is supposedly GPs are held as planned, what if by the time GPF rolls out (supposedly it is still in China), athletes from certain countries are still not allowed to enter China (for example the US and Russia, I think, but correct me if I'm wrong)? And even if they can enter, what if they still have to go thru the 14-day quarantine upon entering and another 14 days upon coming back? Unless the ISU is sure that everything will be OK by then. (Maybe they are certain that vaccine will be distributed throughout the world by then and everyone and their mother can get it)

Update: Athletes from countries like the US and Russia can enter China starting this month, but I don't think the 14-day quarantine requirement is lifted...

29 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Anyone else checking out the Ice Academy of Montreal Live right now? It's so good to be watching skating again! Hannah Lim and Ye Quan just finished and they were wonderful!

Yes - I’ve missed watching live skating so much! Between this and Russian test skates we’ve actually got quite a bit to watch this weekend.

21 minutes ago, river said:

Love them.

P/C with two new programs this season? I can see why H/D changed their RD with the judges not living their packaging last season, but I’m surprised P/C aren’t keeping Fame!

but what they've got so far on the tango looks very promising. It could be that they're thinking to keep this year's programs through the Olympic year, too, so in that case it makes sense to change them now. By the way, Gabby cracked me up with her comment about getting into shape in the early season and the way they wonder how they ever got through a 4 minute program. Very relatable.

Marjorie and Zach impressing me with West Side Story...

14 часов назад, river сказал:

Love them.

P/C with two new programs this season? I can see why H/D changed their RD with the judges not living their packaging last season, but I’m surprised P/C aren’t keeping Fame!

Surprised by P/C too. H/D needed a change on the other hand.

Happy that T/M are keeping Bolero

weren't domestic GP assignments supposed to be out last Friday? What are they waiting for, with only 5 weeks to go?

(last time I complained about ISU not posting stuff they did it almost immediately after my complain LOL, so I'm trying it again)

5 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

weren't domestic GP assignments supposed to be out last Friday? What are they waiting for, with only 5 weeks to go?

(last time I complained about ISU not posting stuff they did it almost immediately after my complain LOL, so I'm trying it again)

Tbh, seems like skaters already know their assignments?

T/M WD from test skates because Skate America.

OTOH, Haguenauer said that Gadbois teams will skate at their home events, not Skate Canada.😅

20 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Tbh, seems like skaters already know their assignments?

T/M WD from test skates because Skate America.

OTOH, Haguenauer said that Gadbois teams will skate at their home events, not Skate Canada.😅

do they? All of them? Or is it certain feds and teams having sneak peek  on whatever ISU is concocting?:ninja:

if they know, I wanna know too!:tantrum:

В 14.09.2020 в 17:02, LadyLou сказал:

do they? All of them? Or is it certain feds and teams having sneak peek  on whatever ISU is concocting?:ninja:

if they know, I wanna know too!:tantrum:

Well, I am sure skaters will know from Feds before general public.

I am only interested in CoR to see how much I want a ticket...

Russian test skates have precipitated the move of EM back to ET - what of the other foreign skaters left without coaches by the Canadian border closure?  They may not be going to GP like Yuzuru but what about nationals at the end of the year?  If TCC coaches can’t travel to Japan Korea and Poland, who will be there for Yuzuru, Jun and Ekaterina?  There doesn’t seem to be any sign of opening that border any time soon, and I don’t blame them given the situation in the US.

Will the skaters at Gadbois  go home for nationals or will their feds give them a bye into Euros/4CC/Worlds, if indeed those competitions take place at all this season?