25 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Nothing can give you more confidence than "relevant details are still being worked out". 

:crazyshit:

Man, ISU is an extremely poorly-oiled machine. Probably no decision making capabilities because all the different Feds prefer to work against each other and the central body itself lacks any power...

2 hours ago, EternalSpin said:

For everyone interested in watching the Ice Academy of Montreal live show on September 11th. Jordan of On Ice Perspectives will be producing this event and offers a discount for tickets (50% off) on his Patreon until September 3rd.

Here is the link to his post, you'll be able to see it even if you're not a patron.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/i-am-live-ice-of-41088286

Can it be watched later, for people who can't watch it at that moment?

with Jordan filming, footage will be spectacular for sure

(though some people are saying that Gadbois are giving every team different vaucher codes to share with fans and that the amount of codes used by fans will result in some kind of funding benefit....I haven't been able to verify this claim, though I did notice that Gaby has a different vaucher code on her insta, while Jordan has the same that's on IAM insta)

re: ISU decision to go on with GP and GPF

meh

especially after the speed skating branch cancelled lots of events. And some fs challengers were cancelled or postponed too

re: ISU guidelines

hallelujah!!!!!

finally they made it!:party0019: (better late than never)

I had a look and everyhting sounds so very reasonable, we'll see if they'll make it work (still thinking that mixed zone aren't truly a necessity in a "domestic" GP. Just ask for comments by skaters later and let people leave as soon as they can! Use videochat! Or have a nice gazebo outside, if you must)

It looks like there will be some medical personnel in charge of covid measures (every accredited person must have a medical check too, other than daily measurement of body temperature). Maybe it's finally time that FS has some more care about skaters' health (no more competitng thorugh pneumonia, despite how inspiring such show of resilience could be). 

I find very unfair, though, to ask skaters to get tested before the event on their own. It should be on the feds and ISU to provide and pay for those tests (i'm not even sure how feasible it is in some countries for a layman to get a pcr test, nevermind several of those)

To be honest, the thing that annoys me the most is they still want GPF as test event (especially when Chinese government didn't look so keen on hosting international events this autumn). Like, if you wanna go for "domestic" (and rightfully so)GP, then fields are gonna be all over the place, so how do you pick a top6(or 12) for a GPF that's remotely "fair"?

by highest ranking, with unbalanced fields you get a whole mess

by scores it would mean that every GP will be like Nats, trying to one up each other, so you get another whole mess

I can see a combo of ranking and scores being the closest thing to a reasonable selection, but...why don't consider the chance of scheduling a different test event, later? (heck, even a WTT, if it comes to that)

9 hours ago, LadyLou said:

with Jordan filming, footage will be spectacular for sure

(though some people are saying that Gadbois are giving every team different vaucher codes to share with fans and that the amount of codes used by fans will result in some kind of funding benefit....I haven't been able to verify this claim, though I did notice that Gaby has a different vaucher code on her insta, while Jordan has the same that's on IAM insta)

That part seems true. The fact that it's a smaller discount than Jordan's code makes it a bit strange though...

13 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I find very unfair, though, to ask skaters to get tested before the event on their own. It should be on the feds and ISU to provide and pay for those tests (i'm not even sure how feasible it is in some countries for a layman to get a pcr test, nevermind several of those)

For Grenoble, this part is not a problem as tests can now be taken for free in France, even without medical prescription, even without being eligible to French Social Security. Sorry, the link is in French.

https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/tests-et-depistage

So, a poor skater and team (hoping they have behaved prudently before, which obviously not all visitors in France have done this summer) can get an appointment in Grenoble via this link for the day of their arrival, and they will have a result to provide to GP organisers — though we know one test is not enough, and another test should be taken some time later, but this is another question.

5 hours ago, Veveco said:

That part seems true. The fact that it's a smaller discount than Jordan's code makes it a bit strange though...

Maybe it means that, if fans choose to get 20% discount instead of 50, the difference goes to skaters?🤔 or maybe not

Though I I couldn't find this option on the website and main instagram post, so it feels weird, and some skaters aren'teven advertising this on their social. Most people will find the 50% discount and take that.

Wondering if the 20%vaucher is also valid only till Sept 3rd. Tim and Gaby didn't said that, so I would think it can be used later too

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

For Grenoble, this part is not a problem as tests can now be taken for free in France, even without medical prescription, even without being eligible to French Social Security. Sorry, the link is in French.

https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/tests-et-depistage

So, a poor skater and team (hoping they have behaved prudently before, which obviously not all visitors in France have done this summer) can get an appointment in Grenoble via this link for the day of their arrival, and they will have a result to provide to GP organisers — though we know one test is not enough, and another test should be taken some time later, but this is another question.

That's good to know, but skaters travelling would also need test in their home country, though upon rechecking it's only a recommendation 

From document 24904 GUIDELINES
FOR ISU EVENTS DURING 
THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC (I get confused because the doc 24905 is very similar in name and content but the first one has more detail, like mention of tests, and it's better formatted😅 gosh ISU should archive their docs better):

"it is strongly recommended that every Event participant shall be tested regularly in his/her home country, and latest 3 days (72h) before travelling to/serving at an Event."

Actually, no mention of getting tested in the place of the event(unless I have missed it). I am not sure if at the moment this kind of testing(before travelling abroad) is doable in Italy without fed having agreements with local health authorities. Everyone can pay for antibody test in private labs, but to ask for diagnostic pcr test (paid by the health system) you have to contact local authorities with a reason (symptoms or suspect contact with a case, having travelled abroad, positive serology test and so on)

(An aside, 700000 tests per week means France has a test capacity roughly similar to Italy,  since we hit 99000 in a day  though testing sinks during weekends LOLsob)

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

Maybe it means that, if fans choose to get 20% discount instead of 50, the difference goes to skaters?🤔 or maybe not

Though I I couldn't find this option on the website and main instagram post, so it feels weird, and some skaters aren'teven advertising this on their social. Most people will find the 50% discount and take that.

Wondering if the 20%vaucher is also valid only till Sept 3rd. Tim and Gaby didn't said that, so I would think it can be used later too

That's good to know, but skaters travelling would also need test in their home country, though upon rechecking it's only a recommendation 

From document 24904 GUIDELINES
FOR ISU EVENTS DURING 
THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC (I get confused because the doc 24905 is very similar in name and content but the first one has more detail, like mention of tests, and it's better formatted😅 gosh ISU should archive their docs better):

"it is strongly recommended that every Event participant shall be tested regularly in his/her home country, and latest 3 days (72h) before travelling to/serving at an Event."

Actually, no mention of getting tested in the place of the event(unless I have missed it). I am not sure if at the moment this kind of testing(before travelling abroad) is doable in Italy without fed having agreements with local health authorities. Everyone can pay for antibody test in private labs, but to ask for diagnostic pcr test (paid by the health system) you have to contact local authorities with a reason (symptoms or suspect contact with a case, having travelled abroad, positive serology test and so on)

(An aside, 700000 tests per week means France has a test capacity roughly similar to Italy,  since we hit 99000 in a day  though testing sinks during weekends LOLsob)

You're right, the "serving in" is likely to be only for skaters already in France before the competition.