I didn't expect ISU would have heard my request for official statement and promptly provided said statement LOL I shoul complain more often then:biggrin:

Honestly it's a better statement than what I would have expected, though the issue for skaters outside of GP host nations holds. I truly hope that if a GP truly goes on in a neighboring country, they, too, will get the chance to safely compete there

From how things look, I can't imagine on which criteria a gpf can be held, when getting a traditional top6 will be...difficult, to say the least (and there would be massive int travel involved), but I guess we'd be asking too much from ISU too soon, so I'll wait for more info

Also, I still don't see how a GP in places where pandemic is far from under control 

Also, I guess this means Yuzuru, UtaShin might not go back to Canada for...a while.

(If Canada lifts their restrictions towards Korea, on the other hand, I could see JunHwan going back to TCC and compete in SC, if SC goes on...and uf he trusts leaving one of the few places that have been handling pandemic the best)

47 minutes ago, Paskud said:

buhuhu NHK is in Osaka😭

(Nooooooooooo don't remind me):smiley-scared003:

23 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Also, I guess this means Yuzuru, UtaShin might not go back to Canada for...a while.

I wonder what that means for the 4A.

....actually, think about what this means for a skater like Donovan, who still needed Challengers to rise up the rankings and get invited to more GPs...and who now is effectively stranded far from suitable competition. The only GPs he could get to would SkAm or SCI, and he's likely to not be allowed into either country because of the COVD situation. I heard this morning on the radio that the Mexican government is essentially planning to let the virus run it's course there. They have the third highest numbers of deaths from it in the world, but because their hospitals aren't overwhelmed with patients the government isn't taking any steps...so it's pretty likely travellers from Mexico will be persona non grata for a while. So how is Donovan supposed to get to any competitions? 

Why don't they just cancel GPS and let everyone focus on domestic competitions? Here we are wondering if our situation will allow JSF to hold nationals at the end of this year, even behind closed doors, and if our skaters will be able to travel to compete there...

LOLsob, I've realized only now that ISU doesn't say anything about "domestc GP" scores NOT counting towards PB and SB...so it's still possible they will count. With whole panels from the host countries. What could possibly go wrong? :woop: As if Nats scores weren't enough of a joke as it is :brain-slug-smiley:

I'm ready for ISU to use those extremely reliable scores to determine who goes their "gp final":rolleyes:

As for 4A, who knows. We don't even have an inkling about if and how seriously Yuzu has restarted training or.

I guess it is possible it could still be ratified if it were landed in some  "domestic gp". After all, ISU ratified the first "quad" "lz" from... YT footage of a USFSA-sanctioned comp 🙄

https://web.archive.org/web/20120210092447/http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-205151-222374-nav-list,00.html?id=929

1 час назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

....actually, think about what this means for a skater like Donovan, who still needed Challengers to rise up the rankings and get invited to more GPs...and who now is effectively stranded far from suitable competition. The only GPs he could get to would SkAm or SCI, and he's likely to not be allowed into either country because of the COVD situation.

Skaters like Donovan from small feds will be in bad position anyway, cuz most likely no GPS and no national competitions either, it's sad but nothing can be done here.

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

I hope Yuzu (and other top skaters) just decline. I mean, the scores won't count anyway, they said. The judges are guaranteed to be extra biased. Plus, rinks aren't even open in many parts of the country here, how are skaters even to prepare??

I don't think they will. It's their whole life.

And I wouldn't be surprised, if feds will encourage their skaters if needed. Whole thing will be broadcasted after all.

18 минут назад, yuzuangel сказал:

I hope Yuzu (and other top skaters) just decline. I mean, the scores won't count anyway, they said. The judges are guaranteed to be extra biased. Plus, rinks aren't even open in many parts of the country here, how are skaters even to prepare??

If domestic comps will go ahead in the country I don't see why this GPs should be skipped, if domestic comps will be cancelled, GP also most likely will be cancelled. I only think final shouldn't be held in such situation. Of course I hope not anyone will be forced to participate, but not sure athletes will want to skip the events.

I see it more like domestic comps + some guests that will be broadcasted internationally.

If all this was happening the year after an Olympics, it'd be a lot easier for the ISU to cancel the whole season. But this is the year before the Olympic season and what happens this year is going to be  used as part of determining who qualifies for Beijing. When you think about it that way, it's easier to see where the ISU is coming from.

They don't really have a ton of alternatives. If they postpone until 2021, then what? Run one huge mega-season from Jan 2021 right through til the end of Olys? And then skip holding World's so everyone can get a rest, and go back to normal schedule in fall 2022? The virus will still be around, so there's no guarantee that doing that would work any better. 

Let's be honest: the driver is money and tv rights, not some noble sport goals. Not even the Olympics can justify keeping SkAm in Vegas, one of the worst hub for Covid contamination at the moment. Especially if they plan to have an audience (still no word on that, who knows how it will be in 3 months). It should be criminal at this point. Olympics? Worlds? A fat lot of good that will do to those whose lives will be impacted (and who aren't necessarily the skaters themselves). I'd say there are over 150K+ reasons why this is a terrible decision.