10 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I understood there was help, but she must have missed the steps since she was in Australia, and building her life there.

I don't know how it worked for her but I heard Australia could be quite harsh with non-national residents who fall ill, like her.

She lived in Moscow at the time she died. 

27 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Not sure if senior GP will go as well :/ 

I am sorry it got cancelled. :(

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

Sigh ... JGP cancelled ... to be expected ... I have a feeling that the senior GP will follow shortly ... this is so sad ... I feel bad for all the skaters....

They will compete at local national events. But those with overseas training bases are affected badly. 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

They will compete at local national events. But those with overseas training bases are affected badly. 

Like Yuzu and Jun ... I wonder what are they gonna do now ... maybe Yuzu could join Abe sensei team temporary ... what about his new programs ... ugh this is crazy ... I hope he is okay ... :cry: 

Oh no... I'm pretty sure too they will cancel the senior GP. I thought I was prepared for this, but :crybaby:

And all the national competitions everyone is talking about, when will they take place? 

14 минут назад, Fay сказал:

But I don't think a lot of countries has national events or at least competitive once, so small feds will be affected too.

Considering senior GPs decision should be in a month I don't see how situation will change, only if financial reasons are different for senior series.

20 минут назад, ralucutzagy сказал:

Like Yuzu and Jun ... I wonder what are they gonna do now ... maybe Yuzu could join Abe sensei team temporary ... what about his new programs ... ugh this is crazy ... I hope he is okay ... :cry: 

Zoom/Skype training/choreo it is then. For Yuzu it's not new situation, so I am only worried about him training that one jump without coach...

I wonder if Jun can have some temporary Korean coach, for him it might be harder.

Also both Spanish ID pairs are training abroad and they will meet only at Nats again to fight for that one world's spot. It's not like Boyang have competition in his country and that's examples I can think of fast.

28 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I guess the earliest we can see Yuzu is JNats? If it’s still happening...

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

ugh .. we're gonna be a desert of dry cacti :13877886:

Powdered, I would say. But what can one do? 
Let’s hope for some drops of fresh water from Yuzu. 

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

She lived in Moscow at the time she died. 

This is why I wondered if it had been her choice, or if she had been forced to leave Australia.

(I don't have a deep knowledge, I just happened to consider a three-year expat there a few years ago, and was surprised by the difference in policies, with France for instance, and her diagnosis of a condition reminded it me).

2 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

This is why I wondered if it had been her choice, or if she had been forced to leave Australia.

(I don't have a deep knowledge, I just happened to consider a three-year expat there a few years ago, and was surprised by the difference in policies, with France for instance, and her diagnosis of a condition reminded it me).

It is perfectly natural she came back to Russia after her career was over - her family lives here. Given that her retirement coincided with coronavirus pandemic, and there were very few chances of starting a new career in Australia, what did you expect from a 20-year old girl? 
Could we please stop here? No need to cast dirt into Australian health services - they just had nothing to do with Katya’s death. 

11 minutes ago, Fay said:

It is perfectly natural she came back to Russia after her career was over - her family lives here. Given that her retirement coincided with coronavirus pandemic, and there were very few chances of starting a new career in Australia, what did you expect from a 20-year old girl? 
Could we please stop here? No need to cast dirt into Australian health services - they just had nothing to do with Katya’s death. 

Sorry, I was not even thinking about Australian health services and wished in no way to cast any dirt on anybody.