Summary of that ISU meeting:

seems like GPs are canceled, but JGPs are not, which makes no sense? And sounds like Challengers will still go on, but without prize money or something. And Worlds allocations will be based on those of 2020 Worlds, which kinda sucks because remember how they just changed the TES mins last minute? Now some skaters can't even go to the Worlds before the Olympics to fight for spots. Unless they can get in via minimums they get this season which...well, how many competitions are being held and can they even train/travel...

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Summary of that ISU meeting:

seems like GPs are canceled, but JGPs are not, which makes no sense? And sounds like Challengers will still go on, but without prize money or something. And Worlds allocations will be based on those of 2020 Worlds, which kinda sucks because remember how they just changed the TES mins last minute? Now some skaters can't even go to the Worlds before the Olympics to fight for spots. Unless they can get in via minimums they get this season which...well, how many competitions are being held and can they even train/travel...

GPS are not cancelled so far, they are just putting that decision off. As ever. 

2 часа назад, Paskud сказал:

Hey, why no prize money? I'm sure they're not big, but it's not like skaters are that reach.

I think Challengers in Europe makes sense cuz boarders are slowly reopening there and I dunno if a lot of European countries have internal comps, maybe France which I heard of, but not the amount of internal comps like Japan/Russia, so skaters will not loose that competitive sense.

2 часа назад, Paskud сказал:

Zuzu will really :pancake: at JNats, oh god...

Theoretically if he will not go back to Canada (which he can choose not to loose 1 month of training for quarantine in both countries), he can take part in some regionals/sectionals if he wants (if Nats will be first comp with new programs I don't want to think about the amount of pressure...)

58 minutes ago, Fay said:

Chinese Olympic Committee (COC) reportedly agrees that the Cup of China scheduled to be held on November 6-8, 2020 in Chongqing, remains scheduled as planned.

Huh? something like that on ISU official site?:huh:

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

Theoretically if he will not go back to Canada (which he can choose not to loose 1 month of training for quarantine in both countries), he can take part in some regionals/sectionals if he wants (if Nats will be first comp with new programs I don't want to think about the amount of pressure...)

can you imagine it?

anyhow I don't get it,if they keep COC how many skaters will go considering the quarantine?Japanese athletes won't go of course as per JSF decision,so?

color me very very confused.:confused:

23 minutes ago, mercedes said:

can you imagine it?

anyhow I don't get it,if they keep COC how many skaters will go considering the quarantine?Japanese athletes won't go of course as per JSF decision,so?

color me very very confused.:confused:

I think JSF decision is for now about JGP and September+October challengers?

4 hours ago, Fay said:

It’s ok. If ISU were human, they’d stop giving points for Challengers too. But they are not. 

Well, if they stop giving points, no one will show up, but if they give prize money, then they could be held liable for luring skaters into an unsafe situation, I guess? I'm sure it was something like that anyway.

3 hours ago, Fay said:

GPS are not cancelled so far, they are just putting that decision off. As ever. 

GP doesn't start til October, might as well wait and see if the situation improves. For now. 

3 hours ago, Fay said:

I thought China was cancelling all international sports events? 

27 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, the decision so far is no Japanese skaters at JGP and Challenger competitions until Budapest Trophy in mid-October, which is a week before the first GP event, Skate America.

I think they said they weren't going to Budapest, either?  

....I dunno, guys. Ever since the beginning of April, I've had this weird hunch that SCI is going to end up being the season opener...and that feeling keeps on getting stronger. I cannot picture any federation willingly sending their skaters to the US at this time, the virus is galloping out of control there. But SCI could happen, if the 14-day quarantine requirement is dropped in time. At the moment it's in effect until Aug 31 here, so, who knows? But I don't want to make any predictions. It's just a strange gut feeling, is all. 

The details about entries for Worlds and so forth: that truly sucks for some. For example, it means Nam, Keegan, and Roman have to duke it out a second year in a row for the same solitary spot. I had high hopes Nam could have won that second spot back for us... oh well. Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things I guess. 

Shouganai. :yznotimpressed:

2 часа назад, mercedes сказал:

can you imagine it?

I was saying about situation if GPs got cancelled then Yuzu can take part in some Japanese comps if he will want to try out programs before JNats. But maybe no sense to speculate until some decisions about GPs will take place.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, if they stop giving points, no one will show up, but if they give prize money, then they could be held liable for luring skaters into an unsafe situation, I guess? I'm sure it was something like that anyway.

GP doesn't start til October, might as well wait and see if the situation improves. For now. 

I thought China was cancelling all international sports events? 

I think they said they weren't going to Budapest, either?  

....I dunno, guys. Ever since the beginning of April, I've had this weird hunch that SCI is going to end up being the season opener...and that feeling keeps on getting stronger. I cannot picture any federation willingly sending their skaters to the US at this time, the virus is galloping out of control there. But SCI could happen, if the 14-day quarantine requirement is dropped in time. At the moment it's in effect until Aug 31 here, so, who knows? But I don't want to make any predictions. It's just a strange gut feeling, is all. 

The details about entries for Worlds and so forth: that truly sucks for some. For example, it means Nam, Keegan, and Roman have to duke it out a second year in a row for the same solitary spot. I had high hopes Nam could have won that second spot back for us... oh well. Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things I guess. 

Shouganai. :yznotimpressed:

Quarantine doesn't need to be suppressed, if a special quarantine is set up, not allowing skaters and teams to ramble everywhere, but assigning them to specific hotels with specific rules and organising their transfers from and to airport, and between rinks and accommodation.

I don't think the virus will completely disappear all of a sudden, it will remain endemic like other coronaviruses (some of which, by the way, are being included in SARS-CoViD 2 numbers where tests are less sensitive) because in all countries except a very few it is now spread among the population.´So, many countries will have to address the issue considering this, but they don't seem to go ahead very much.

By the way, about rinks, I have spoken with my husband who taught me air convection was thermodynamics, not fluid mechanics,:redface:  that yes the air circulates (the fastest wind along rows) and the centre of the rink being the warmest (and most contaminated), unless obstacles are set at the vertical of the rink on the ceiling.