20 hours ago, Songster01 said:

Note: I realize you are just speculating about SCI and not actually advocating for fans being at SCI, so the following is aimed at solely at SC/the ON gov't:

Ottawa is doing well, but the thought of fans at SCI , even just locals, makes me nauseous, since there's the potential for aerosolization of the virus, which could then hang around in places w/ poor ventilation for hours.  Or so it seems to be confirmed by research now?  Thinking of that recent conflict with WHO and their backpedaling on that issue.  Anyway, unless masks were very strictly enforced by security inside the arena, and/or ppl had to prove they were tested recently before entering, I certainly hope the province would not allow it.  This skepticism is brought to you by seeing ppl break distancing and other rules often here in TO, and ppl working at small businesses with uncovered noses and mouths this week, despite the new mask rule.  The masks were on, but almost useless thanks to them flaunting the rules. 

There are viruses in the air, it is proven, but from what I understand, there is so little that only people gathering in a very confined atmosphere during hours incur a significant risk of contamination (logically, the more viruses one is in contact with, the likelier the contamination, and the relation should not be linear; as far as I know, in the few cases I read about of contamination by aerosols, the virus concentration must have been high, most contamination occurring by direct contact or by droplets). It seems that even in rather cramped trains, subways... contamination is rare. An ice rink, with its huge volume of air, actively circulating thanks to the differences in temperature (the air just above the rink, where skaters evolve, probably less) is probably not considered a confined atmosphere for the transmission of the virus, even more so with a reduced attendance. Above all droplets should be avoided, they can travel very far, so supporters should start to learn humming instead of screaming!

If someone with a real knowledge of fluid mechanics could confirm this, anyway I will ask my husband tomorrow.

20 hours ago, Songster01 said:

That seems much more doable in theory than international events.

I think this is the chief problem for every skating federation on the planet right now. Even if things are good locally, how do you go about holding a competition with skaters from other places? Not to sound too wildly paranoid, but I'm not too keen on people travelling from city to city within Canada right now, let alone coming here from overseas. So how does a sports organization ensure useful competitions can happen?  It's as unrealistic to cancel the entire season as it is to try and host major international events. 

Not going to lie, I'm concerned that if the entire 20/21 season gets cancelled, a lot of skaters just aren't going to come back at all and the sport itself will be hamstrung. Yet I also don't want to see rinks packed full of fans and skaters right now either. So some way forward needs to be found.

5 minutes ago, Fay said:

There goes....

I'm not surprised - and I expect the GP series to follow - but you will find me sitting in the corner watching my Yuzu videos and sobbing quietly....

I am glad he achieved everything there is to achieve before this horrible time, and my heart goes out to the ones who are just setting out, especially the ladies with their short time. But given the amount we miss him..... :sadPooh:

Just now, TallyT said:

I'm not surprised - and I expect the GP series to follow - but you will find me sitting in the corner watching my Yuzu videos and sobbing quietly....

I am glad he achieved everything there is to achieve before this horrible time, and my heart goes out to the ones who are just setting out, especially the ladies with their short time. But given the amount we miss him..... :sadPooh:

I’d rather we all missed him and he was safe rather than have to dread for his health, frankly. I hope he’s enjoying his time with his family. 
I am most irrationally sorry for UtaShin, to be honest. But they have to deal with it and make the best of it. 

56 minutes ago, Fay said:

I’d rather we all missed him and he was safe rather than have to dread for his health, frankly. I hope he’s enjoying his time with his family. 
I am most irrationally sorry for UtaShin, to be honest. But they have to deal with it and make the best of it. 

Oh I agree, their safety and health is paramount, and that of the teams and family around them.

Yuzu has had very little serious downtime - apart from illness and injury which hardly counts! - for years, and we saw last year he was pushed to exhaustion.  He seems to have found somewhere where his privacy is kept, which is good.

:smiley-sad016:

I'm thankful they didn't wait till August to make this call. I'm sure it wasn't an easy choice, though it's very reasonable one, in current context.

I hope other feds and most important the darn ISU will make some kind of announcement in one sense or the other soon, instead of leaving everyone hanging (I know Canada has been cancelleing some events, and I wouldn't be surprised if Chinese fed, like JSF, refused to send their skaters abroad in early season comps, too)

I wonder how much ISU decision-makers are scrambling rn to save what's salvageable of JGP... I feel a tiny little bit (but only a tiny little bit) sorry for them, these are unprecedented times and I'm pretty sure none of them was prepared for this

2 часа назад, TallyT сказал:

Will be sobbing quietly somewhere near cuz we have 2 more years of Yuzu competitive skating at best and perspective is very uncertain even about next year. I know that most important thing is for everybody to stay healthy but can't stop a little selfish feelings too, cuz GP series and FS was great distraction from daily routing. But well, it's smth we can not change, so only hope for the best for next year.

He looked exhausted at J nats - better at 4CC, but still a bit frazzled.  I think the silver lining in this might be the opportunity to get a proper rest, have a total break from the pressure, hopefully at home, and come back refreshed whenever the sport gets going again.

Schrodingers graduation- it occurred to me that it would be totally in keeping with his ninja side to graduate in a year when those ceremonies are being cancelled all over the place.

Entries of competitors for the ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2021, ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2021 and ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2021 will be based on the results of the corresponding 2020 Championships as usual. As the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2020 were not held, the entries for those Championships will be used for the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2021.

(...)

Keeping in mind the above-mentioned reservations, and noting that for some locations there remain pending questions as to applicable travel and other restrictions which could lead to additional cancellations, the Council noted that the following ISU Junior Grand Prix events for the season 2020/21 are currently planned:

1st event (including Pair Skating) September 9-12, 2020 Budapest / HUN

2nd event (including Pair Skating) September 23-26, 2020 Ostrava / CZE

3rd event (including Pair Skating) September 30-October 3, 2020 Tashkent / UZB

4th event                                            October 7-10, 2020 Ljubljana / SLO

5th event (including Pair Skating) October 14-17, 2020 Riga / LAT

The Council therefore decided that for the above-mentioned scheduled ISU Junior Grand Prix events:

a) No ISU Junior Grand Prix points will be awarded and no ISU Junior Grand Prix Ranking for 2020/21 will be established.

b) A decision regarding the holding of the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final scheduled on December 10-13, 2020 in Beijing and the corresponding qualification criteria remains pending and will be taken during a subsequent Council meeting.

c) There will be no pre-allocated entries for ISU Members to participate in each Junior Grand Prix event and ISU Members may choose in which events they will enter their Skaters.

d) The exact entry limitations and procedures and other logistical details (including issues such as Prize Money and World Standing points) will be published as soon as possible through an updated General Announcement for the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2020/21 and the individual Announcements for each ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating event.

e) Updated Guidelines for medical care and safety are currently under preparation by the ISU Event Coordinators and the ISU Medical Commission and will also be communicated as soon as possible.

Challenger Series 2020/21 The Council agreed that, in line with the recommendation of the Council appointed Working Group on the planning of Season 2020/21, the Challenger Series Events for both Figure Skating and Synchronized Skating in the Season 2020/21 should be held as individual events and not as a Series. There will be no Challenger Series ranking and therefore no Prize Money distributed at the end of the season. The Skaters attending these Challenger Series Events will still be awarded Challenger Series World Standing points provided the general Challenger Series requirements are followed (in regard to appointment of officials, number of entries, etc.).

https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/24757-isu-communication-2335/file

5 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I told you that they will do it at all cost.^^"

Zuzu will really :pancake: at JNats, oh god...

Ah, ok. So let’s get ready to see Yuzu’s World Standings sink once again. Not that I care that much, but... 

5 minutes ago, Fay said:

Ah, ok. So let’s get ready to see Yuzu’s World Standings sink once again. Not that I care that much, but... 

There is over 700 points gap between him and Samarin. Maybe it won't be that bad. Hahaha...^^"