Citizen has been supporting ISU since 1982. If they quit supporting ISU for their judging, they would have done so multiple times. Canon still has a web site dedicated to figure skating. The last update was April this year. I think they are seeing how things are going. Many Olympic sponsors have already withdrawn from sponsoring Tokyo2020, which is at the moment scheduled in the summer of 2021. It would be rational if a company avoid being a sponsor of a big international event scheduled next spring, at least for now.

Just now, fyere0 said:

A company not sponsoring Worlds in particular doesn't necessarily mean they aren't working with the ISU at all anymore. They might not be legally obligated to sponsor every event every year.

Or might not have made their minds up yet. Ok, let’s give everyone the benefit of the doubt in the case. 
but I advise against buying all events. Strongly. 

The withdrawal might not have anything to do with ISU's shit on Yuzu. But I still find hilarious how they desperately sell NON-REFUNDABLE tickets in a pandemic to save their ass as the sponsors are not there anymore :joy:. The well deserved karma :kitty: 

With lesson learned from Montreal 2020 and all the sh*t from ISU awards, who wants to lose money so early lol

Citizen might have decided that supporting one star like Yuzu has more benefits. Though I guess mostly it's due to economic crisis and sport's sponsorship might be cut first especially in current situation.

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

The plot thickens a bit because it seems the 4 missing sponsors were listed on the Stockholm website back in April :popcorn:

This?

One of the other two is a pharmaceutical company and the other is running pachinko (Japanese gambling machine) saloons nationwide. The former would not be optimistic enough to invest their money in a sports event next spring, and the latter must be in need of money since they had closed their saloons for a while because it was impossible to play pachinko while maintaining social distance. Pachinko is played in a crowded saloon like this and pachinko maniacs form a queue every morning to secure a machine they like...

There are figure skating recaps from the Olympics on our national sports TV channel every day for 2 weeks. They broadcast usually the last two groups from ladies, men or sometimes pairs or ID from Lillehammer '94 to PyeongChang. '18 I don't have much time to watch them because it's usually early in the morning or in the afternoon, and I work at those times, but some of the broadcasts I saw was fun to watch (Nagano, SLC Ladies, Vancouver Ladies and ID), also because they left the original commentary on them.

The good thing is that they're planning to broadcast the men's event from PyeongChang at almost prime time, in the evening on 14 July which could give an opportunity to some people who usually don't watch skating to discover Yuzu. :)  I'll definitely watch it too.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:06 AM, sweetwater said:

JGP Yokohama has been canceled due to the spread of coronavirus.

That's the same weekend ACI is scheduled for, but as they're in two different countries, I wonder whether it means anything for ACI or not.