2 minutes ago, Paskud said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I was 100% sure it will Canadian, but I thought about V/M. Skate Canada even dragged them to skate/be at awards show.

I kinda don't care as long as Zuzu isn't involved. Zero awards and not showing up during stream is the best outcome for me.:angel3-smiley::angel3-smiley::angel3-smiley::angel3-smiley:

And Kurt is a perfect winner for ISU! Congrats!👏👏👏👏🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They were getting a Canadian choreographer. Isn’t that enough? 

11 minutes ago, Fay said:

Not, when you want to save FS in Canada and your only hope are retired, but still popular skaters.

But my bad, I forgot that Skate Canada didn't care about V/M.😔🤣

2 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Not, when you want to save FS in Canada and your only hope are retired, but still popular skaters.

But my bad, I forgot that Skate Canada didn't care about V/M.😔🤣

Sorry, that quite a curious way of not caring. They did take care of them. 
Canadian skating has gone back into its infancy. Dances are more or less ok, but not stellar, men are still fighting, but not top notch, ladies is ouch and pairs virtually non-existent, I suppose, outside MTM. And that’s the team which deservedly won the gold at the last Olympics. How on earth? 

32 minutes ago, Fay said:

Canadian skating has gone back into its infancy. Dances are more or less ok, but not stellar, men are still fighting, but not top notch, ladies is ouch and pairs virtually non-existent, I suppose, outside MTM. And that’s the team which deservedly won the gold at the last Olympics. How on earth? 

And still couldn't win FD, while skating last in group, with whole arena on their feet and after winning SD (because we know how FS and ice dance work). Yeah, I still wonder how on earth.
Maybe "didn't care" is an exaggeration, but neither they were high on priorities list.

:)

I find it funny that Zakarian tried so hard with awards to revive FS in Europe, yet right now Russian fandom (seems to be) pissed and even Piseev asks for explanations.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, Veveco said:

Pretty sure the online votes were just a way for the organizers to give a fake sense of legitimacy to this circus. They're giving it to whoever they want at the end of the day. Not like they will ever dare to publish the detailed voting scores :68811363:

They claim to want to attract new fans with this but all it will achieve is enhance pointless fan wars. It really leaves a bad taste in mouth.

Ari is looking like a shyster to me, more and more.  ISU can be summed up in 4 letters words.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

7 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

Ari is looking like a shyster to me, more and more.  ISU can be summed up in 4 letters words.

Were they good to begin with, though? They were born with his dream of golden days of American skating shows where stars would get hundreds of thousands dollars per one performance... 

8 hours ago, Fay said:

Come on, folks, discussing a random sports blog is wasting your time. 
Piseev’s message is different. It’s sorta funny to see the other federations blissfully ignore the whole affair though. The circus is given any consequence only in Russia, isn’t it? 

I hope everyone will ignore it. That's the only way that Awards Show will die.

Originally, I thought they added the MVP award (which seemed tailored-made for Yuzu) to get Fanyu support. But now they know that Fanyus hate that award show, so they probably think they will get more mileage appealing to Nathan's fans by giving him that award.

Also the outrage if Nathan does win, will give them a lot of clicks and attention. So the best thing to do is to just ignore the whole stupid thing and give it zero attention.

On 6/27/2020 at 8:15 AM, Lunna said:

If we dismiss the opinion about who should be Skater of the year, I can agree about MVS, I think the name was taken from NHL, but it's a team sport. Though I find it funny that even Hersh thinks Yuzu should be MVS (he should be it every year, really)

Hersh makes me so annoyed with his jingoistic reporting...and I grew up reading American media, I should be used to jingoistic by now.

Well, as it turns out, even if I want to see the awards for the sake of confirming my own bias that they're a bad idea, I might not be able to. One of my Dutch cousins is getting married the same day and promised to livestream the ceremony if he can, since no one can travel to it anymore...famliy wedding vs ISU being their dunce selves...yeah no contest.

On 6/27/2020 at 1:50 PM, Paskud said:

FFS, if this is about who is most succesful, then why ISU can't use their own 19/20 season's world ranking. Every discipline is awarded points exactly same way.

1. Chock/Bates (2520)
  2. Konstornaya (2340)
  3. Kihira (2333)
  4. Hanyu (2260)
  5. Aliev (2242)
  6. Shcherbakova (2176)
  7. Peng/Jin (2119)
  8. Sui/Han (2040)
  9. Trusova (2028)
  10. Sinitsina/Katsalapov (2012)
  11. Gilles/Poirier (1981)
  12. Papadakis/Cizeron (1956)
  13. You (1892)
  14. Moore-Towers/Marinaro (1865)
  15. Guignard/Fabbri (1860)
  16. Jin (1837)
  17. Tennell (1835)
  18. Boikova/Kozlovskii (1823)
  19. Samarin (1777)
  20. Hubbell/Donohue (1728)
  21. Tarasova/Morozov (1710)
  22. Kvitelashvili (1705)
  23. Brown (1678)
  24. Grassl (1669)
  25. Wang/Liu (1661)
  26. Fear/Gibson (1656)
  27. Rizzo (1624)
  28. Stepanova/Bukin (1623)
  29. Hurtado/Khaliavin (1602)
  30. Mishina/Galliamov (1598)
  31. Hase/Seegert (1529)
  32. Ziegler/Kiefer (1519)
  33. Kazakova/Reviya (1518)
  34. Pavliuchenko/Khodykin & Kayne/O'Shea (1512)
  35. Smart/Diaz (1455)
  36. Calalang/Johnson (1440)
  37. Danielian (1425)
  38. Lim (1420)
  39. Kaliszek/Spodyriev (1410)
  40. Sakamoto (1405)
  41. Mozalev (1365)
  42. Nguyen (1337)
  43. Della-Monica/Guarise & Hawayek/Baker (1320)
  44. Soucisse/Firus (1291)
  45. Aymoz (1278)
  46. Ghilardi/Ambrosini (1259)
  47. Vasilievs (1237)
  48. Messing (1229)
  49. Higuchi (1228)
  50. Ryabova (1226)

*le gasp* Chen isn't even in top 50? Who would guess? XD

thanks for doing this. That's not what I would have expected at all...Rika is ahead of Yuzu? Somehow that seems really cute to me...like 'senpai, try and keep up!" :10814716:

6 hours ago, Fay said:

Please take the following with a pinch of salt: Elena Vaitsekhovskaya, a great Arutyunyan/Chen lover, is reportedly saying the Lifetime Achievement is going to Kurt Browning. I’ve no idea how she might have learnt it. She is known to have made up stuff before now. 
But if true, it’s setting together in a rather neat jigsaw. I might be into conspiration theories a little though. 

If they're going with the way-back machine for the lifetime achievement awards, there's a lot of older generation skaters who would deserve it ahead of Kurt, but he's still the only one actively skating so maybe that's why? Or maybe Ari is his agent too.

5 hours ago, Fay said:

In all fairness, Shae is the most successful choreographer in the world right now, and out of all the clowniness of this farce, she's the one who I feel most genuinely deserves an award, other than Yuzu.

5 hours ago, Fay said:

The entire gold medal winning team, except for Gabby, retired from skating, and the country's not THAT big. It takes a while to rebuild. We'll get there again.

5 hours ago, Dreamer said:

I know. It's just disgusting.