43 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Why? If we're going by only results (competitions won) this year and records broken, skater of the year (and maybe also newcomer) is Alyona Kostornaia.

It's not skater of last year. Lol

But she was "only" Silver at Nationals.

5 hours ago, Lunna said:

If we dismiss the opinion about who should be Skater of the year, I can agree about MVS, I think the name was taken from NHL, but it's a team sport. Though I find it funny that even Hersh thinks Yuzu should be MVS (he should be it every year, really)

"According to the criteria, Yuzuru Hanyu is the most likely winner of this award. Because I do not like this, I think the name and parameters of the award should be changed to make it apply to Nathan Chen instead."

:emoticonaci2019: :emoticonaci2019: :emoticonaci2019:

FFS, if this is about who is most succesful, then why ISU can't use their own 19/20 season's world ranking. Every discipline is awarded points exactly same way.

1. Chock/Bates (2520)
  2. Konstornaya (2340)
  3. Kihira (2333)
  4. Hanyu (2260)
  5. Aliev (2242)
  6. Shcherbakova (2176)
  7. Peng/Jin (2119)
  8. Sui/Han (2040)
  9. Trusova (2028)
  10. Sinitsina/Katsalapov (2012)
  11. Gilles/Poirier (1981)
  12. Papadakis/Cizeron (1956)
  13. You (1892)
  14. Moore-Towers/Marinaro (1865)
  15. Guignard/Fabbri (1860)
  16. Jin (1837)
  17. Tennell (1835)
  18. Boikova/Kozlovskii (1823)
  19. Samarin (1777)
  20. Hubbell/Donohue (1728)
  21. Tarasova/Morozov (1710)
  22. Kvitelashvili (1705)
  23. Brown (1678)
  24. Grassl (1669)
  25. Wang/Liu (1661)
  26. Fear/Gibson (1656)
  27. Rizzo (1624)
  28. Stepanova/Bukin (1623)
  29. Hurtado/Khaliavin (1602)
  30. Mishina/Galliamov (1598)
  31. Hase/Seegert (1529)
  32. Ziegler/Kiefer (1519)
  33. Kazakova/Reviya (1518)
  34. Pavliuchenko/Khodykin & Kayne/O'Shea (1512)
  35. Smart/Diaz (1455)
  36. Calalang/Johnson (1440)
  37. Danielian (1425)
  38. Lim (1420)
  39. Kaliszek/Spodyriev (1410)
  40. Sakamoto (1405)
  41. Mozalev (1365)
  42. Nguyen (1337)
  43. Della-Monica/Guarise & Hawayek/Baker (1320)
  44. Soucisse/Firus (1291)
  45. Aymoz (1278)
  46. Ghilardi/Ambrosini (1259)
  47. Vasilievs (1237)
  48. Messing (1229)
  49. Higuchi (1228)
  50. Ryabova (1226)

*le gasp* Chen isn't even in top 50? Who would guess? XD

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Wow, this summarized a lot of what we had to say about the ISU in the last 6 months.

Ofc I don't agree with it all (You Young was definitely a better contender for "newcomer" than one of the Russians, winning YOG and all) and I hardly noticed any geographical diversity in the shortlists at all.

What determines the quality of performances - the number of medals or the beauty of the choreography? If the first is more important, how will the organizers look into the eyes of Daniel Gleichenhaus fans? If the latter, then why are the media representatives voting in this nomination, and not the professionals?

lmao the honesty; Gleikh's choreo wins medals but no beauty to be found :smiley-laughing021:

Come on, folks, discussing a random sports blog is wasting your time. 
Piseev’s message is different. It’s sorta funny to see the other federations blissfully ignore the whole affair though. The circus is given any consequence only in Russia, isn’t it? 

On 6/27/2020 at 3:00 PM, Sombreuil said:

If they’ve lifted the categories wholesale from ice hockey ( which really wouldn’t be at all surprising, perfectly in keeping with ISU’s general lack of competence and professionalism ) then it explains that one.  As for awarding skaters not costume designers for best costume etc -  was this whole thing the result of a long liquid lunch, in which the idea was born, hashed out on a paper table napkin, and issued to the media before anyone sobered up enough to veto it?

it's clearly to award certain skaters belonging to a certain fed or/and a certain agency....Medo nomination comes to mind,the costume and the coreo for her short program for example were more interesting then her free skate,MOAG calls for a Kimono of course and it was beautifully done (and wore by Medo who's lovely)but it was nothing outstanding.the suit was glorious.Same with Anna ,Parfume dress grey and red was to die for...but again personal tastes maybe?(I'm trying eh)

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

"Piseev: it is necessary to explain why Zagitova is not nominated for the ISU Prize"

You may be a fan of Zagi or not but she's the reigning world and olympic champion,how can you leave her out of your award?it's funny tho like @Fay said the rest of the federations don't really seems to care LOL.

4 hours ago, mercedes said:

it's clearly to award certain skaters belonging to a certain fed or/and a certain agency....Medo nomination comes to mind,the costume and the coreo for her short program for example were more interesting then her free skate,MOAG calls for a Kimono of course and it was beautifully done (and wore by Medo who's lovely)but it was nothing outstanding.the suit was glorious.Same with Anna ,Parfume dress grey and red was to die for...but again personal tastes maybe?(I'm trying eh)

You may be a fan of Zagi or not but she's the reigning world and olympic champion,how can you leave her out of your award?it's funny tho like @Fay said the rest of the federations don't really seems to care LOL.

I don't very much, either.

For me it just means she doesn't have Ari Zakarian as an agent, and as I suspect him to have something to do with Evgenia Medvedeva's recent unfortunate communication, I am extremely glad she does not. Well, we already knew it in 2018 with the FaOI affair (which was of more consequence in my opinion) but this confirms it for 2020.

2 часа назад, mercedes сказал:

Same with Anna ,Parfume dress grey and red was to die for...but again personal tastes maybe?(I'm trying eh)

I think Anna got a lot of views at first as costume change was a wow factor, so it explains it somehow, but as a whole I agree, I liked SP dress much more

Please take the following with a pinch of salt: Elena Vaitsekhovskaya, a great Arutyunyan/Chen lover, is reportedly saying the Lifetime Achievement is going to Kurt Browning. I’ve no idea how she might have learnt it. She is known to have made up stuff before now. 
But if true, it’s setting together in a rather neat jigsaw. I might be into conspiration theories a little though. 

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

Please take the following with a pinch of salt: Elena Vaitsekhovskaya, a great Arutyunyan/Chen lover, is reportedly saying the Lifetime Achievement is going to Kurt Browning. I’ve no idea how she might have learnt it. She is known to have made up stuff before now. 
But if true, it’s setting together in a rather neat jigsaw. I might be into conspiration theories a little though. 

I've a feeling that most of the rumors we're hearing will come true.

5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I've a feeling that most of the rumors we're hearing will come true.

The rumour about Alina being snubbed did come true, but it was sorta obvious. But I wonder why they had to make it so obvious, they could have put her in that bloody video instead of... Bradie, say. Or even Rika. 
Ari revealed a LOT in his insta, but he denied it vehemently later. 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I was 100% sure it will be Canadian, but I thought about V/M. Skate Canada even dragged them to skate/be at awards show.

I kinda don't care as long as Zuzu isn't involved. Zero awards and not showing up during stream is the best outcome for me.:angel3-smiley::angel3-smiley::angel3-smiley::angel3-smiley:

And Kurt is a perfect winner for ISU! Congrats!👏👏👏👏🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣