On 6/25/2020 at 11:53 PM, FlyingCamel said:

That would be amazing! All the time we get to watch Yuzu he's skating in an arena with boards filled with ads and all... wouldn't it be beautiful to see him skate in a nice frozen lake in the middle of beautiful scenery?

I know it's beautiful, I have dreamed it.

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

Daniil unfollowed ISU.:popcorn:

I take it all back. These awards are the most glorious thing to ever happen to FS. 

Simplest fix for no pairs nomination, which we've all said from day one, is to have different awards for each discipline. That would have the bonus of providing the illusion of diversity among nominees rather than just the USA/RUS/FRA +1 they've got going now.

But that wouldn't fit into the broadcast schedule for all the "glitz and glamour" so...

With Nathan as a nominee, looks like i have a different definition of "most valuable" from ISU's. 

Actually I'm thinking it may be good to watch the award show. Always good to see with my own eyes so that I can judge how nonsensical it will be which means I will never ever be tempted to buy any all-event ticket that comes with another ISU award show in future. Better let them earn any advertising fees than spending actual own's savings on them. 

Well, actually Worlds Montreal already taught me never to buy all-event ticket.... :doh:

That is, if I remember the date. Not gonna schedule it on calendar. 

7 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

With Nathan as a nominee, looks like i have a different definition of "most valuable" from ISU's. 

Actually I'm thinking it may be good to watch the award show. Always good to see with my own eyes so that I can judge how nonsensical it will be which means I will never ever be tempted to buy any all-event ticket that comes with another ISU award show in future. Better let them earn any advertising fees than spending actual own's savings on them. 

Well, actually Worlds Montreal already taught me never to buy all-event ticket.... :doh:

That is, if I remember the date. Not gonna schedule it on calendar. 

yup, never buying an all event ticket with "gala" again.

Since it is really a farce and we, as well as the ISU, know it. Why not have 5 or 6 nominees in the short list to include more fan favourites (and pairs). This way they can at least make some fans excited that their favourites are nominated.

The ISU are so incompetent, they don't even know how to lie convincingly :facepalm:

If we dismiss the opinion about who should be Skater of the year, I can agree about MVS, I think the name was taken from NHL, but it's a team sport. Though I find it funny that even Hersh thinks Yuzu should be MVS (he should be it every year, really)

21 minutes ago, Lunna said:

If we dismiss the opinion about who should be Skater of the year, I can agree about MVS, I think the name was taken from NHL, but it's a team sport. Though I find it funny that even Hersh thinks Yuzu should be MVS (he should be it every year, really)

Hmm I'm not surprised he agrees though! I mean under ISU's definition, not giving it to Yuzu is objectively wrong, no matter who one's favourite skater is... MVS is actually one category where the winner can be objectively determined. Other categories like best costume, best coach, most entertaining programme etc are pretty subjective... Even for the lifetime achievement award there are several candidates that would deserve it: Kim Yuna, Aljona Savchenko, Virtue/Moir and of course Yuzu. Although if they are only awarding active skaters, then it's just Yuzu I guess. 

Wonder why those US journalist didn't complain right from the beginning ? I'm sure if they did, ISU would happily add whatever award they want, best skater of the year, best yale skater, best skater of US nationals etc... 

If they’ve lifted the categories wholesale from ice hockey ( which really wouldn’t be at all surprising, perfectly in keeping with ISU’s general lack of competence and professionalism ) then it explains that one.  As for awarding skaters not costume designers for best costume etc -  was this whole thing the result of a long liquid lunch, in which the idea was born, hashed out on a paper table napkin, and issued to the media before anyone sobered up enough to veto it?

3 hours ago, Lunna said:

Why? If we're going by only results (competitions won) this year and records broken, skater of the year (and maybe also newcomer) is Alyona Kostornaia.

It's not skater of last year. Lol

39 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Why? If we're going by only results (competitions won) this year and records broken, skater of the year (and maybe also newcomer) is Alyona Kostornaia.

It's not skater of last year. Lol

Or S/H if they remembered that pairs exist. They also won all GPs + 4CC.