37 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

I'm pleasantly surprised that Young You made the shortlist for best newcomer, thought the 3As would have it sewn up.

I'm really not, feel like 3 Russians will be considered too much

8 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I'm really not, feel like 3 Russians will be considered too much

But choosing Trusova over Shcherbakova, considering Anna got higher results at both major competitions they were against each other and also won nationals - it's quite a choice imo. I would say, result wise, Trusova's season wasn't really that good versus her junior achievements and high expectations. Anna had a better season. 

7 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

This whole awards thing leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth. I don’t want to support it. But if Nathan wins Most Valuable Player over Yuzu, I’ll be beyond mad. I’ll go ballistic. And I don’t think I’ll be the only one. 

Oh he will, that’s his only nomination. Better to ignore the whole thing. 

4 hours ago, Sukigirl said:

This whole awards thing leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth. I don’t want to support it. But if Nathan wins Most Valuable Player over Yuzu, I’ll be beyond mad. I’ll go ballistic. And I don’t think I’ll be the only one. 

The fact he (and P/C) got nominated over Alina and Evgenia say everything. Nathan win would be perfect for this clown award. I even hope he would get costume award as well ~

2 hours ago, rubyblue said:

But choosing Trusova over Shcherbakova, considering Anna got higher results at both major competitions they were against each other and also won nationals - it's quite a choice imo. I would say, result wise, Trusova's season wasn't really that good versus her junior achievements and high expectations. Anna had a better season. 

You seem to forget Alexandra Trusova's new coach has Ari Zakarian as his agent; and I wouldn't be surprised, now "you suggest it", if Alexandra Trusova's new agent were the same Ari Zakarian...

2 часа назад, rubyblue сказал:

But Shcherbakova has a costume, so all three are nominated for some, all good in here. It's not like anybody cares about results or real popularity here.

3 minutes ago, Lunna said:

But Shcherbakova has a costume, so all three are nominated for some, all good in here. It's not like anybody cares about results or real popularity here.

You're right, there's no point in looking for any logic there ;)

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Fun fact: all names are put in alphabetical order. Outside of Yuzuru. Yuzuru is always last.

When they have run out of better names to include in the short list, they’d reluctantly remember him. 

I'm wondering how much the fan voting factored in to the final choices for the shortlist. Seems odd that pairs would be completely overlooked, but maybe it's as a result of the fan vote? People tend to be a lot more passionate over singles than pairs.

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm wondering how much the fan voting factored in to the final choices for the shortlist. Seems odd that pairs would be completely overlooked, but maybe it's as a result of the fan vote? People tend to be a lot more passionate over singles than pairs.

I can’t believe they would ignore Sui/Han though. They are as good as any dancers!