2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

4CC Update:

As I said before, it’s unlikely that Australia’s borders will be open in February. In the past couple of days the government has updated their prediction of “December at the earliest” to “will remain closed for a significant time”

Today Qantas has announced that they won’t be resuming international flights until July next year (I expect that might be pushed further back as well) and are expecting it to take 3 years to get back to pre-covid levels.

So 4CC won’t happen here. It’s impossible. Maybe ISU will foolishly push forward with another host but no Australian athletes will attend.

Whoa. That seems very extreme. Is it that the situation in Australia is so bad, or that the government really really really does not want to risk infected foreigners coming in?

....I have a cousin in Sydney. I was so hoping that I could manage 4CC and pay him a visit at the same time. Guess that's off the menu now. :(

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Whoa. That seems very extreme. Is it that the situation in Australia is so bad, or that the government really really really does not want to risk infected foreigners coming in?

....I have a cousin in Sydney. I was so hoping that I could manage 4CC and pay him a visit at the same time. Guess that's off the menu now. :(

In Victoria we're currently experiencing another outbreak (20-30 new cases a day) and they're bringing in the defence forces to doorknock and test 10,000 people a day in hotspot suburbs even without symptoms and have them transport massive amounts of tests to other states to get the results ASAP so we're going pretty hard after it.

Imagine how it is for us, finally getting a comp here, probably never getting one again, definitely never ever having Yuzu grace our shores... :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The situation will be more clear when they announce whether the Australian Open tennis will go ahead or not in late January 2021 (or how it will go ahead) - 100x more international visitors and $$$ involved than 4CC.

Even if the tennis is allowed to go ahead, unless Yuzu goes to 4CC - my expectations are low - I wouldn't be surprised if Australia FS decides to cancel due to the cost involved of staging the event.

5 часов назад, FlyingCamel сказал:

probably, Alina fans were really angry about her not being included in the video (which really wasn’t fair to her tbh)

I think the most anger was cuz Ari let it already slip that she won't get anything.

7 часов назад, SparkleSalad сказал:

4CC Update:

As I said before, it’s unlikely that Australia’s borders will be open in February. In the past couple of days the government has updated their prediction of “December at the earliest” to “will remain closed for a significant time”

Today Qantas has announced that they won’t be resuming international flights until July next year (I expect that might be pushed further back as well) and are expecting it to take 3 years to get back to pre-covid levels.

So 4CC won’t happen here. It’s impossible. Maybe ISU will foolishly push forward with another host but no Australian athletes will attend.

Wow, that's pretty sad, even though I'm not sure if a lot of famous skater would show up. Still sad, not only for FS but to be unable to travel at all.

22 минуты назад, mambook сказал:

The situation will be more clear when they announce whether the Australian Open tennis will go ahead or not in late January 2021 (or how it will go ahead) - 100x more international visitors and $$$ involved than 4CC.

And also Formula 1 race in March, this year the race was cancelled right on the race date cuz some team member was tested positive.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:13 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

All our complaining about it aside, it's actually not fair for us to knock it until we've tried it, so I would be on board with the stream idea. At least then I'll know if my bellyaching is justified.

Except originally the awards supposed to be part of (ie interfere with) the gala, which won't be happening this year, so how do we know what it would really be like.

Honestly I wouldn't care if it was some side event like the small award ceremony. It would still be a joke but it wouldn't mess up the gala.

18 минут назад, Flutterby сказал:

Except originally the awards supposed to be part of (ie interfere with) the gala, which won't be happening this year, so how do we know what it would really be like.

But we know that at least part of the arena would had obstructed views, which people new about after buying expensive tickets, also not full ice for skaters. You need to announce such changes at least before selling tickets, maybe then they'll had a little less outrage.

I’m not going to be watching the awards show, but now tbh I’m not even sure I want to know the results of the awards :( 

Kinda feel like Yuzu may not get the awards he deserves (and maybe not just Yuzu, but also other deserving skaters may not get what they deserve)

10 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I’m not going to be watching the awards show, but now tbh I’m not even sure I want to know the results of the awards :( 

Kinda feel like Yuzu may not get the awards he deserves (and maybe not just Yuzu, but also other deserving skaters may not get what they deserve)

Actually, I WANT Yuzu not to get any of those shitty awards. 

7 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Imagine how it is for us, finally getting a comp here, probably never getting one again, definitely never ever having Yuzu grace our shores... :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

:tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5::sadPooh::sad-smiley-046: The disappointment must be awful for all the fans there. 

It's a huge setback for Australian skating too. All I can say is, come on, vaccine!! Hurry up and get developed already! 

All those brand new A-380s sitting in the desert rotting...what a waste. :( 

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

Wow, that's pretty sad, even though I'm not sure if a lot of famous skater would show up. Still sad, not only for FS but to be unable to travel at all.

See, up until COVID, I was thinking that 4CC 2021 would attract a lot of the big-name skaters, just because it's in Australia. I mean, that's the one part of the globe they never get to travel to, even though they travel all the time. I'm sure a lot of them are just like us and want to see Australia. 

11 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

4CC Update:

Victorian are having resurgence of COVID cases now so it's going to be lot harder to reopen the domestic borders never mind international borders. I thought it's going to be a chance for me to finally attend a figure skating competition at 4CC but NOOOO...

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

:tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5::sadPooh::sad-smiley-046: The disappointment must be awful for all the fans there. 

It's a huge setback for Australian skating too. All I can say is, come on, vaccine!! Hurry up and get developed already! 

All those brand new A-380s sitting in the desert rotting...what a waste. :( 

There won't be any safe vaccination, at best before two years. I would flatly refuse any large scale hazardous experiment, particularly when one know the general problems with vaccination against previous coronaviruses, which are still endemic by the way; as this disease is becoming in the most advanced countries (chiefly East Asia). And when one know what they have tried as medicines against SARS-CoV 2 : the potential market is so huge, and governments are willing to pay so blindly, that any scruple is wiped and we may end even worse off with dangerous vaccines (there are...) than with SARS-CoV 2.

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

See, up until COVID, I was thinking that 4CC 2021 would attract a lot of the big-name skaters, just because it's in Australia. I mean, that's the one part of the globe they never get to travel too even though they travel all the time. I'm sure a lot of them are just like us and want to see Australia. 

I took the koala game at 4CC, as announcing a wish to go to Sydney 4CC. After all, if he wins there, won't he be the first ever to have win all Junior big championships + twice all Senior ones? A nice aperitif before third OGM. :chase: