2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I like her very much and I really don't know what they could complain of.

Spoiler

Alina wasn't on latest video promoting ISU awards.

There was allegedly an interview with Zakarian where he said, that she won't get anything. And that it's her team's fault. Interview was deleted tho.

https://www.sport.ru/figure-skating/1086366729.html

Just a small russian drama.

FS fandom: We hate these awards! Let's boycott them!

FS fandom: *floods ISU posts with comments (positive or not), which is exactly what ISU wants*

It’s just hilarious because Alina’s fans in Russia believe her popularity is on a par with Yuzu’s all over the world, so they are brimming with righteous indignation right now. That’s what a couple of decently skated programs at important competitions can do to people’s minds. 
The Award circus is getting far too attention in Russian forums. Hope most take it for what it is - just a ridiculous idea from the start. 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

It’s just hilarious because Alina’s fans in Russia believe her popularity is on a par with Yuzu’s all over the world, so they are brimming with righteous indignation right now. That’s what a couple of decently skated programs at important competitions can do to people’s minds. 
The Award circus is getting far too attention in Russian forums. Hope most take it for what it is - just a ridiculous idea from the start. 

over 2200 comments and still counting:popcorn:

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1086366726.html

1 hour ago, Paskud said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Alina wasn't on latest video promoting ISU awards.

There was allegedly an interview with Zakarian where he said, that she won't get anything. Interview was deleted tho.

https://www.sport.ru/figure-skating/1086366729.html

Just a small russian drama.

FS fandom: We hate these awards! Let's boycott them!

FS fandom: *floods ISU posts with comments (positive or not), which is exactly what ISU wants*

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Thank you!

I'm glad to learn Ari Zakarian has exposed himself as fabricating all those awards.

I am unable to despise anybody, but I copiously despise those awards and, yes, you're right, they are getting much more attention than they deserve; maybe, in Russia, because Zakarian is Evgeny Plushenko's agent? I see no reason to attend them, or even to give them any attention, even if they try to lure us with some Yuzuru-content.

And as to Alina Zagitova, sometimes I find her underrated here, particularly relating to the precision and speed of her steps, I am grateful to her to have attracted me back to figure skating after three decades without (which eventually led me to click on a Yuzuru Hanyu video), she's a beautiful skater and a nice person, but how to compare one of the best skaters of the moment, with the best-ever skater by far, who made an art of figure skating, who invented a skating dance language, and who has all artistic and technical perfections?

22 figure skaters and 6 coaches quarantined after positive corona case

22 figure skaters and 6 coaches of the KNSB selection have been quarantined because one of the riders is infected with the corona virus. The Dutch selection was on the ice in Belgium last weekend.

One of them got throat complaints during the weekend. After returning home to the Netherlands, she was tested for corona. That test proved positive. For privacy reasons, the skating association does not reveal the name of the rider. She is doing well, writes the KNSB.

"This is extra sour, because our figure skaters have had to wait a long time before they could get back on the ice", says technical director Remy de Wit of the KNSB.

"We were happy that this turned out to be possible in Belgium, but that has been short-lived for most of them."

Limited group continues to train

The training in Belgium will continue next week, but without the athletes and coaches who have been in contact with the infected rider. "The group will be limited, but we don't want to cancel the training.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2338415-22-kunstrijders-en-6-coaches-in-quarantaine-na-positief-coronageval.html

Thinking about this award show, what I'm wary of is what will happen if Yuzu wins one of the awards, as I'm fairly certain he will. Will Fanyus change their tune en masse and decide that it's not a stupid award anymore because Yuzu won, but is actually so meaningful, and then everyone calls us hypocrites? Please, let's promise not to do that, shall we? It would be embarrassing. :embSwan: Even if Yuzu wins, that doesn't make it any less of a bad idea with even worse implementation, it just means they managed to do one thing right :D   

The awards won’t stop being ridiculous even if they give all of them to Yuzu. They don’t add anything to his fame and his recognition. 
Mind you, I don’t mind giving awards to costume makers, or choreographers, or coaches. But with skaters it’s just redundant. 

4 hours ago, Fay said:

hmmm. I will be on my summer holiday. I suppose I can take some time off skating? :D 

I am having enormous fun at Russian forums which are taking the whole circus way too seriously. 

Oh Lord, why? :rofl3:Don't tell me people are actually betting on Daniil to win Best Choreo or something

edited to add -

Never mind, I read the rest of the thread. :disappointed:

23 minutes ago, Fay said:

The awards won’t stop being ridiculous even if they give all of them to Yuzu. They don’t add anything to his fame and his recognition. 
Mind you, I don’t mind giving awards to costume makers, or choreographers, or coaches. But with skaters it’s just redundant. 

Especially the 'most valuable skater' thing? That only makes sense if skating is a team sport...which logically, means they should give it to a synchro skater.

The whole thing is just plumb loco.

31 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Especially the 'most valuable skater' thing? That only makes sense if skating is a team sport...which logically, means they should give it to a synchro skater.

The whole thing is just plumb loco.

"Most Valuable" is causing so much confusion because they seem to keep adjusting the definition. It's supposed to be for who literally brings The Most Monetary Value.....which is Mr. Hanyuconomy. :68468287: But that's not what it means in every other sport. They really didn't think the name through. Now they will have arguments every which way between skaters' fandoms because they all think Most Valuable means Best.

27 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

"Most Valuable" is causing so much confusion because they seem to keep adjusting the definition. It's supposed to be for who literally brings The Most Monetary Value.....which is Mr. Hanyuconomy. :68468287: But that's not what it means in every other sport. They really didn't think the name through. Now they will have arguments every which way between skaters' fandoms because they all think Most Valuable means Best.

They didn't think whole thing through at all.

4CC Update:

As I said before, it’s unlikely that Australia’s borders will be open in February. In the past couple of days the government has updated their prediction of “December at the earliest” to “will remain closed for a significant time”

Today Qantas has announced that they won’t be resuming international flights until July next year (I expect that might be pushed further back as well) and are expecting it to take 3 years to get back to pre-covid levels.

So 4CC won’t happen here. It’s impossible. Maybe ISU will foolishly push forward with another host but no Australian athletes will attend.