3 hours ago, Lunna said:

I hope Yuzu was with family at these times, but I would worry less if he can train at TCC under his coach eyes, cuz he may be adult and all, but at the same time we all remember that one GPF practice...

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

Coming back to Japan means going through airports and planes - no 1 place where people get infected. And he is in high risk group.

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

People are still wondering because [a] we are going stir crazy without any watering of the cactii during the drought and the few drops we have received, he has gone to such pains to hide any clues that we go more crazy.

It's going to be a looooong off-season.

But why on Earth would he have stayed in Toronto once he knew that Worlds was cancelled? Even in a normal season, he goes back to Japan as soon as Worlds are over because he has WTT and/or ice shows to prepare for. Being in Japan from the end of March until mid-July is his normal schedule in any given year - why would you all suddenly think it would be different now? The only difference is that he's not on the road going around Japan with FaOI. 

100%, he's in Japan, and has been since mid-March, before borders closed. Think about it - it's what he does every. year

9 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Being in Japan from the end of March until mid-July is his normal schedule in any given year - why would you all suddenly think it would be different now?

I think he is more likely in Japan, we don't have 100% confirmed information, that's why I don't say it as fact, that's all. My only concern is travel during pandemic, but with safety measures (high-end mask, business class with less people around etc.) he still could go to Japan.

59 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But why on Earth would he have stayed in Toronto once he knew that Worlds was cancelled? Even in a normal season, he goes back to Japan as soon as Worlds are over because he has WTT and/or ice shows to prepare for. Being in Japan from the end of March until mid-July is his normal schedule in any given year - why would you all suddenly think it would be different now? The only difference is that he's not on the road going around Japan with FaOI. 

100%, he's in Japan, and has been since mid-March, before borders closed. Think about it - it's what he does every. year

Because we have deadly pandemy for example?:huh:

I'm not saying that he for sure stayed in Canada. Just that I see very strong reason to do so. And while usually he should be in Japan right now, in current situation both decisions have equally strong pros and cons.

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

Coming back to Japan means going through airports and planes - no 1 place where people get infected. And he is in high risk group.

I am pretty sure Yuzu left when TCC closed in mid-March, why wouldn't he? Can't skate and Worlds was cancelled, so there was nothing to stay for. And Yuzu has shown some superhuman foresight so I'm sure he at least somewhat predicted what these next couple of months will be like. 

At least the pandemic wasn't that bad in March yet (Canada only had a few cases and Worlds was JUST canceled, not because of cases in Canada, but rather cases overseas). He has (hopefully very effective, at least very expensive) masks and a team to keep him safe, disinfect everything etc. I'm sure ANA took some precautions for him as well. So I believe he's self-isolating at home in Japan right now. And the video he sent to JSF shows he's okay <3 

14 минут назад, yuzuangel сказал:

So I believe he's self-isolating at home in Japan right now.

I think in Japan a lot can train already or will start soon. It seems like in Ontario the process will be slower than in other places.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

1. Any normal schedule would be different this year, because we're in the middle of pandemic. And no, he's in toronto for the whole 2016 summer, or he's back to TCC right after WC19 ended.

2. While I think its very likely he's in Japan, I'm not brave enough to be 100% sure for anything, because I'm not him and his team. What I think he should or likely do might not be the fact. Sometime our guess is right, sometime its not. I stand by my point, unless he/his team/JSF confirm about his whereabouts, I will take any news/guess/insider info with grain of salt. From the JOC/JSF videos, I see that's he's fine, safe and healthy and that's what matters the most, regardless of where he is. 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

As WTF skating doodlers see the coming back to ice. I hope it’s not as crowded - I have developed a paranoia interim. 

Love that Pooh is there ahead of so many of the actual skaters....:dancingpooh:

It looks like at least some of the foreign members of the Toronto Maple Leafs are or will soon be returning to Canada:

Dubas said a number of Leafs are starting to make their back to Toronto - those who left the country will have to adhere to the federal government's 14-day quarantine upon arrival - and that defenceman Jake Muzzin (broken hand) and winger Ilya Mikheyev (wrist laceration) should be at 100 per cent if training camp goes ahead.

Link: https://www.cp24.com/sports/leafs-eager-for-chance-to-compete-in-what-would-be-a-season-like-no-other-1.4957554

Note pro hockey is a more popular sport than figure skating in Canada (the popular pro sports might be exceptions), but this news may suggest that elite athletes may be able to return and quarantine.  I hope any athletes returning to Canada will strictly follow quarantine and any additional public health guidelines as they are special exceptions to our current rules about no non-essential visitors.  (OK I'm less worried about Yuzu and his Mom and more concerned about pro hockey players following the rules).

I'll be frank and hope any people including skaters think very carefully about their safety before deciding on whether to return to Ontario.  Canada has not seen the worst of COVID-19 thankfully so far, but as provinces slowly re-open, people are getting more lax.  I need only look outside my window here in Toronto to see especially groups of kids, teens, and 20-somethings not practicing social distancing or wearing masks.  It's disturbing and it makes me worry we will see case numbers surge again.  Ontario needs to change its messaging consistently about who can get tested and we need more PPE, enough so health care workers don't have to ration, and enough of at least surgical or good cloth masks for workers who cannot work from home.  We need more tracing ability here in Toronto as well.  We get to most people within a day of testing positive (somewhere in the 70-90% range as of a week or so ago), but that happened while most of us were staying at home.  Tracing will become much harder as more and more people become mobile and visit more places.  With robust testing, tracing, and isolating, as well as a respectful populace that increases mask wearing and continues to physically distance, I would feel more confident about people coming into this situation. 

5 hours ago, TallyT said:

Love that Pooh is there ahead of so many of the actual skaters....:dancingpooh:

Doing ice angels no less. LOL! 

@Songster01 I don't have high hopes for any NHL players to respect quarantine. As a group, they're kind of the epitome of privilege and entitlement. I'm not enthused about hockey's return at all, I feel like it's too soon and entirely unnecessary

Interesting vlog from Romsky. It's sad that skaters without big sponsors and Fed support will have even more disadvantage now, cuz of course with little people on the ice and without public groups, the ice will be even more expensive. Though still might be better then no ice at all.

5 hours ago, Lunna said:

Interesting vlog from Romsky. It's sad that skaters without big sponsors and Fed support will have even more disadvantage now, cuz of course with little people on the ice and without public groups, the ice will be even more expensive. Though still might be better then no ice at all.

It sounds like he and his team have thought long and hard, and worked out how to manage the balance of on-ice need and on-ice cost as best they can, but it's a worry.  Especially given that Roman, as Canadian national champion, possibly gets better funding than a lot of lower ranking skaters, the rising or even beginning stars. I have to say that - along with quite a few other sports where the financial layout is already sizeable - skating is going to lose people who simply can't afford it.

Another reason for Sendai to be grateful to their favourite son, his donation to their rink was perfectly times and I doubt will be the last.